Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

They dont have to repay them as payback seems to have been voluntary in the agreements. Even if they did pay back the money it seems to be the case that Rangers wont see it as the trust was independent of Rangers (oldco and newco) the money is owed to an independent offshore trust, presumably under the control of SDM in some way.

Wow - very complicated no wonder it took them feckin ages to sort out. Can't understand how it can be a loan though if payback was voluntary - surely there would have to be proof that there was some repayment plan in place even if it was only a penny a week otherwise how is it a loan?

Wow - very complicated no wonder it took them feckin ages to sort out. Can't understand how it can be a loan though if payback was voluntary - surely there would have to be proof that there was some repayment plan in place even if it was only a penny a week otherwise how is it a loan?

The legal term is "discetionary" they were discretionary loans. Discretionary basically means that it was left to the judgement of the person concerned.

They dont have to repay them as payback seems to have been voluntary in the agreements. Even if they did pay back the money it seems to be the case that Rangers wont see it as the trust was independent of Rangers (oldco and newco) the money is owed to an independent offshore trust, presumably under the control of SDM in some way.

Payback seems to have been voluntary! My, what an unusual form of loan this is, where repayment is wholly contingent upon whether the debtor can be arsed to return the cash.

I keep expecting HMRC to drive through the wall in a little clown car. Sure, you'll know that justice has been done beyond all reasonable doubt when a very expensive legal team is able to convince two out of three judges that the word "Loan" definitely means "Thing which doesn't have to be repaid" but absolutely cannot possibly mean "Salary", "Wage" or "Remuneration".

Well, except for the ones where they did get busted, that is.

This is nonsense. Most of us did keep posting, its just that we got bored sick of this thread. The thread which has now been proven to be drivel from start to finish (this post excepted).

Absolute bollox.

Kincardine has weighed in with measured arguments and a degree of dignity - which he is doing well to maintain, now the verdict is in. I would struggle to be so gracious.

Youngsy has also tended to reply to questions with answers as well as maintaining a reasonable persona.

The Amigos have thrown abuse, lies and defamation as a default setting, although Bennett can have the occasional point which he will happily debate, and Tedi obviously cares for his team and has his lucid moments. Bendarroch, mind, has no redeeming features.

No.8 disappeared for weeks before roaring back last night with the flute CD in the background and ticking all the triumphalist boxes.

All the other berrz? Nowhere to be seen - and that includes you, sonny - until yesterday that is. Gloryhunters, the lot of you.

Anyhoo, the FTTT verdict - what does it change? As far as I can see, it exonerates the club from tax evasion, and proves a lot of us wrong - I was wrong on this point. The thing is, the club is already dead, so materially I struggle to see why the berrz are SO happy. The Tribute Act is still in D3, the share offer doesn't become suddenly more attractive, Charlie is still as trustworthy as a barrel of cabinet ministers.

Serious question to the sensible rangers fans - how do you see yesterday's verdict improving the lot of the club? Never mind the "title stripping" - that doesn't affect the new club, neither (I believe) would any financial penalties for ineligible players.

If anything, it appears that rangers' procrastination and delaying tactics - their unwillingness to deal with this tax case - is what led to it being on the CVA document. Did they, all that time ago, think that it would just go away? Did the club die for nothing?

Absolute bollox.

Kincardine has weighed in with measured arguments and a degree of dignity - which he is doing well to maintain, now the verdict is in. I would struggle to be so gracious.

Youngsy has also tended to reply to questions with answers as well as maintaining a reasonable persona.

The Amigos have thrown abuse, lies and defamation as a default setting, although Bennett can have the occasional point which he will happily debate, and Tedi obviously cares for his team and has his lucid moments. Bendarroch, mind, has no redeeming features.

No.8 disappeared for weeks before roaring back last night with the flute CD in the background and ticking all the triumphalist boxes.

All the other berrz? Nowhere to be seen - and that includes you, sonny - until yesterday that is. Gloryhunters, the lot of you.

Anyhoo, the FTTT verdict - what does it change? As far as I can see, it exonerates the club from tax evasion, and proves a lot of us wrong - I was wrong on this point. The thing is, the club is already dead, so materially I struggle to see why the berrz are SO happy. The Tribute Act is still in D3, the share offer doesn't become suddenly more attractive, Charlie is still as trustworthy as a barrel of cabinet ministers.

Serious question to the sensible rangers fans - how do you see yesterday's verdict improving the lot of the club? Never mind the "title stripping" - that doesn't affect the new club, neither (I believe) would any financial penalties for ineligible players.

If anything, it appears that rangers' procrastination and delaying tactics - their unwillingness to deal with this tax case - is what led to it being on the CVA document. Did they, all that time ago, think that it would just go away? Did the club die for nothing?

I posted in this thread for months until I got bored, that is the only reason I stopped. Taking ill informed pelters gets a bit boring after a while. I should say I am not saying they were from you specifically but there were plenty flying around. Half the time I wasn't sure if the people were just on the wind up or whether they genuinely believed what they were saying.

I was wrong on this point.

You're wrong about pretty much everything you turn your streams of pish on.

How did it feel yesterday, WKR Bond, when shortly after declaring your secret agent status, it turned out all of your covert work was worth, well, absolutely f**k all?

Did you cry when your beloved hoops were horsed later in the evening, too?

laugh.gif

Lest we ever forget...

"I'm doing my bit to keep what angles of the investigation I can up-front and centre. It's just that P&B isn't really the place, and WRK isn't the persona, to be doing that and expect to be taken seriously by those I'm in contact with"

Expect to be taken seriously? Bwahahahahah!

You're wrong about pretty much everything you turn your streams of pish on.

How did it feel yesterday, WKR Bond, when shortly after declaring your secret agent status, it turned out all of your covert work was worth, well, absolutely f**k all?

Did you cry when your beloved hoops were horsed later in the evening, too?

laugh.gif

Lest we ever forget...

"I'm doing my bit to keep what angles of the investigation I can up-front and centre. It's just that P&B isn't really the place, and WRK isn't the persona, to be doing that and expect to be taken seriously by those I'm in contact with"

Expect to be taken seriously? Bwahahahahah!

Ah, morning Bendarroch. Glad to see you approach a perceived victory with the same total lack of grace as you do every other event in this sorry saga. You'll notice that, as well as holding my hands up, I gave credit in the same post (the one you cherry-picked from - old habits, eh?) to those rangers fans who have contributed in a positive manner to the debate on here. You'll also note I specifically excluded you from that list. You may want to ask yourself why.

In fact, fuckit, I'll tell you why. You're a nasty little bigoted c**t, with f**k all to offer this thread - no original thought, no sense of decorum or social skills, and the mental capacity of a slug.

So does this mean that former players will have to cough up the £47.65m to pay creditors?.

Also how do the SPL punish a company that ran a football club already in the process of liquidation for breaking rules on player payments?.

......also Rangers are in the 3rd Division for no reason at all !!!

Edited by CityDave

Ah, morning Bendarroch. Glad to see you approach a perceived victory with the same total lack of grace as you do every other event in this sorry saga. You'll notice that, as well as holding my hands up, I gave credit in the same post (the one you cherry-picked from - old habits, eh?) to those rangers fans who have contributed in a positive manner to the debate on here. You'll also note I specifically excluded you from that list. You may want to ask yourself why.

In fact, fuckit, I'll tell you why. You're a nasty little bigoted c**t, with f**k all to offer this thread - no original thought, no sense of decorum or social skills, and the mental capacity of a slug.

I f***ing resent that!

because its not a loan its a tax dodge.

Aye? Lest we ever, ever forget...

"I'm doing my bit to keep what angles of the investigation I can up-front and centre. It's just that P&B isn't really the place, and WRK isn't the persona, to be doing that and expect to be taken seriously by those I'm in contact with."

Ahahahaha!

PS: you keep on with the needy references to 'cherry picking' when all can see it's a case of firing at the turds floating in your slurry pit. It says much about your feral (if spectacularly undeveloped) imagination that you insist it is so.

And Benfica, eh?

laugh.gif

Edited by Bendarroch

Have i missed something from reading Jim Traynors column in the record today, and also listening to all the sevconians complain about an agenda against their club, you would think that every penny of debt run up by Rangers had been paid back.

Surely Her Majesty the Queen of England would not order her Revenue and Customs agents to kill a big Scottish institution for no reason. They must have done something very seriously wrong for her to have had them Liquidised! Does anyone have any idea of what precisely it may have been that they did that embarrassed and enraged the lady so much?!? huh.gif