Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

They talk about Rangers shares, Rangers IPO, invented debts, legal cases, players, crowds, trophies - I could go on forever and still not touch the sides of the diddies and plastics fascination for our greatest of clubs.

But, we need to be magnanimous here and recognise the meaning of the fascination - we, as people lucky enough to be Rangers supporters, understand completely what it is about after all.

We are the only show in town.

Luck has very little to do with being a supporter of a football team. I could become a Rangers supporter tomorrow if I so wished (pooh yucky).

Rangers are infamous rather than famous. Much like Lehman bros., or Woolworths.

Luck has very little to do with being a supporter of a football team. I could become a Rangers supporter tomorrow if I so wished (pooh yucky).

Rangers are infamous rather than famous. Much like Lehman bros., or Woolworths.

Indeed. The only luck involved in most of our team choices is geographical. Anyone following either Ugly Sister from outside Glasgow is either a gloryhunter, or is not simply a football fan (Fucking hell, that's diplomatic for me!).

I, and I believe most fans, care deeply about our clubs. We do not wholly measure our devotion on the basis of some trophy "arms race" with a conveniently "opposite" institution. Sure, I love it when we beat A*r, but I do not believe the rest of Scottish football exists purely to support the A*rshire sub dom relationship rivalry. I enjoy watching Killie do well, and I suffer the bad times as well. Something fans of celtic and rangers will never understand.

I actually sat at Hampden in 2007, watching thousands of Hibs fans singing "500 miles", and thought, "f**k it. We were pish. Their team deserved to win, and those lads and lassies deserve their day in the sun*"

The arrogance of the Amigos and their like, spouting all that "rightful place" pish does nothing more than reinforce the stereotype of the gloryhunting bigots that tainted any semblance of respectability the old club may have had.

New club, same old scum.

* Sun, my arse. It was pissing down and fucking freezing. Took us half an hour to free the car from the quagmire some weegie wag called a fucking "car park" as well. mad.gif

They talk about Rangers shares, Rangers IPO, invented debts, legal cases, players, crowds, trophies - I could go on forever and still not touch the sides of the diddies and plastics fascination for our greatest of clubs.

But, we need to be magnanimous here and recognise the meaning of the fascination - we, as people lucky enough to be Rangers supporters, understand completely what it is about after all.

We are the only show in town.

elaborate please.is if its got anything to do with flutes and fvckwits dont bother.

Indeed. The only luck involved in most of our team choices is geographical. Anyone following either Ugly Sister from outside Glasgow is either a gloryhunter, or is not simply a football fan (Fucking hell, that's diplomatic for me!).

I, and I believe most fans, care deeply about our clubs. We do not wholly measure our devotion on the basis of some trophy "arms race" with a conveniently "opposite" institution. Sure, I love it when we beat A*r, but I do not believe the rest of Scottish football exists purely to support the A*rshire sub dom relationship rivalry. I enjoy watching Killie do well, and I suffer the bad times as well. Something fans of celtic and rangers will never understand.

I actually sat at Hampden in 2007, watching thousands of Hibs fans singing "500 miles", and thought, "f**k it. We were pish. Their team deserved to win, and those lads and lassies deserve their day in the sun*"

The arrogance of the Amigos and their like, spouting all that "rightful place" pish does nothing more than reinforce the stereotype of the gloryhunting bigots that tainted any semblance of respectability the old club may have had.

New club, same old scum.

* Sun, my arse. It was pissing down and fucking freezing. Took us half an hour to free the car from the quagmire some weegie wag called a fucking "car park" as well. mad.gif

So since I was taken to a Rangers game when I was 6-7 by my grandfather when I live 45-50 minutes from Glasgow, I fall into either of those categories?

Pish.

So since I was taken to a Rangers game when I was 6-7 by my grandfather when I live 45-50 minutes from Glasgow, I fall into either of those categories?

Pish.

I was taken regularly to parkhead by my father, when we lived half an hour from Glasgow. Until I was old enough to know better. About the age of six.

Some choose gloryhunting, some choose trophy after trophy as a big fish in a wee pond. I chose something else.

GIRUY.

A roaring flop more like ..from October from nostradamus...

Last week Mr Green announced triumphantly that £17 million had been “pledged” so far in terms of the Rangers share issue.

As the official Rangers website stated:-

——————————————–

The response from supporters has been huge.

Charles Green told RangersTV: “It has been very encouraging and I’m now seeing the passion and commitment of Rangers fans financially. We see it on the terraces, of course, but in these difficult financial times the response has been amazing. In the last figures I saw a couple of days ago over 8000 fans had registered – with some 20000 fans on the website – and we have pledges of around £17million. And by the time we get to the cut-off date that figure will have risen.laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

“I would like to stress that any fan who backs up his or her pledge with a cheque will get their shares. I have had some calls from people concerned about that because we said the IPO would be up to £20million but fans will get their shares.

“It’s much better than I expected. I don’t think anyone could have predicted the response and it’s testimony to what Rangers fans are about. They can see that the club is going in the right direction and this really is the icing on the cake.

“I don’t think there is any doubt that we will know exceed our expectations.

“Ally McCoist and I were at the AIM dinner last week following the announcements and we got a fantastic ovation and following the formalities we were chatted up by fund managers who are interested in meeting us when we do the formal roadshow which will be in about two weeks’ time.

“I said back in May that we would IPO and that we would have a very diverse share base where there wouldn’t be control for one person. To my mind this is the most important and last step of promises we made in May.”

——————————————–

I may be accused of nit-picking, but I have a couple of points to make about what Mr Green was saying.

First, I looked up the dictionary definition of a “pledge”.

Cambridge Dictionaries Online offers the following:-

“A serious or formal promise, especially one to give money or to be a friend, or something that you give as a sign that you will keep a promise”.

That suggests that there is something binding, or intended to be binding, about what is pledged. Truly therefore it is a matter of great satisfaction for Mr Green if he has been able to secure, even in advance of the Prospectus, commitments for over £17 million of the £20 million worth of shares to be issued. Well done Mr Green!

I had a look at the information on Rangersshareoffer.com, the portal for registering interest and making one’s “pledge”.

The conditions are very clear. On the first page it states:-

“The information on the Site does not take into account your particular needs or circumstances and does not constitute a personal investment recommendation.Nothing on the Site should be regarded as an offer to buy, sell or trade in shares. The value of shares or income from them may go down as well as up. If you make an investment you may not get back the amount you invested. If you are in doubt about the merits or risks involved in a potential investment, you should consult a suitably qualified professional adviser.” (Emphasis added).

Then on the next page we see the following:-

“Rangers Football Club is now accepting registrations of interest in applying for shares. This registration process will allow you to provide an indication of the value of shares you may wish to purchase.

Please note that an investment in shares can only be made following publication of the prospectus relating to the offer. (Emphasis NOT added.)

The Prospectus is being prepared and is subject to approval by the Financial Services Authority. The Prospectus will be made publicly available, including on this website, in due course. Following the publication of the Prospectus those persons who have registered an interest in applying for shares and who qualify to participate will be contacted by Capita to complete any Application Form for the investment.”

After providing one’s details the following appears:-

“An email will be sent to you to acknowledge receipt of your registration details. This email does not constitute acknowledgement or confirmation by Rangers Football Club or Capita that an application will be processed and does not constitute acceptance by Rangers Football Club of an offer by you to subscribe for shares.”

Finally there is a page for indicating one’s level of interest:-

“You are being asked to select an amount as an expression of interest only. By selecting an amount you are not obliged to make any payment, either now or in the future. On publication of the Prospectus and Application Form you will be entitled to adjust the level of your investment (subject to the terms and conditions of the offer as set out in the Prospectus) or withdraw entirely from the process.

If you would like to invest more than £10,000 or you are investing on behalf of a corporate entity please contact Capita on 0871 664 9271 for more information (lines are open Monday to Friday, 9am to 5.30pm). “

According to Mr Green over 8,000 fans had registered. Unless I missed it, which as the share offer site is straightforward is unlikely, there is no question asking if one is a Rangers fan or season ticket holder. The site is open for anyone, whether a loyal fan, an astute investor, or a puckish spirit, to register an “interest”.

According to Mr Green, over £17 million has been “pledged”. That works out at just over £2,000 per “pledge”. As the online form allowed “pledges” of up to £10,000, it is actually surprising that the average is as low!

Remember the Rangers Fans Fighting Fund? When it looked as if the team might not make it to the end of the season, Rangers fans rushed to “pledge” huge sums to save their club. By the time donations stopped, I understand a grand total of just under £700,000 had been handed over by the fans. That was a fine achievement by them, but a droop in the ocean of what might have been needed to kept he team afloat.

Now this of course was by way of charitable donation, or purchase of scarves, but was at dark days when it seemed that Rangers might be a game or two from extinction.

One might therefore take with a pinch of salt the “commitments” totalling in excess of £17 million. That is especially so when one reads that the registration of interest is not in any way binding on either party. A person registering is not entitled by doing so to any amount of shares. Equally, they are not obliged to pay a penny.

I know a number of people who have registered but who are probably unlikely, because of the economic climate perhaps, to take up the £10,000 they “pledged”. There is no comeback against them for doing so.

I also wondered how Mr Green could guarantee that any fan who backed their “pledge” up with a cheque was guaranteed to get their shares. However, as the website asks for prospective investment, rather than for number of shares, this means that the IPO price will be adjusted to reflect the interest. Therefore, if there were a firm commitment by enough fans to buy £100 million of shares, then the shares, with a face value of £1, would go on sale for £5 each.

So Mr Green is quire right to say that everyone who wants shares will get them.

And who can blame him for talking up his share issue. I especially like his comment about looking “a couple of days ago” at the figures. If the figures have any meaning, one would expect him to be speaking to Capita Registrars on a minute by minute basis to monitor “pledges”. Or maybe this is an acknowledgement that these figures are of some academic value, but are only a very broad brush?

I wonder if he would be good enough to tell us who the fund managers were who were “chatting him up”. Bearing in mind the opinions voiced by various pundits and analysts, if I became aware that my fund manager was considering investing in Rangers shares at this stage, I would want to move my money to another fund, unless of course I had signed up for the “very risky” option!

The most positive newspaper report was in the Independent, where it was described as being a speculative purchase, but one worth considering, although “not one for widows or orphans”!

Other opinions were less positive, one describing the issue as “prune juice”. Somehow that does not strike me as a favourable opinion!

On the other hand, Mr Green is confident that investors will grow their investment by four times over the next few years, so as a prudent man I registered for the full £10,000 myself. I suspect that I would be able to persuade a bank to lend me that sum – after all, where else can one expect a 400% return over a couple of years!

I am sure that the statement on the website which reads, “The value of shares or income from them may go down as well as up. If you make an investment you may not get back the amount you invested” is only there to comply with some pedantic legal requirement, as these shares are going to rocket. After all, that is what Mr Green has told us, and when has he ever given his team’s fans anything to doubt in what he has had to say?

Posted by Paul Nostradamus McConville

Are you still going on about the share issue being a flop? You can't even debate on it, you haven't got an opinion of your own so you copy and paste other peoples opinions, that in it's self shows your intelligence or lack of.

Mr Green wanted 20 million he got 22.2 million, where's the flop in that? :lol:

I have yet to see an article that says "could raise"

Everything I see says Raised

Like this one

http://www.bbc.co.uk...siness-20781261

and

http://www.bbc.co.uk...w-west-20773142

and if the bbc is not good enough for you then how about the FT

http://www.ft.com/cm...l#axzz2FWfo8nta

or

http://local.stv.tv/...onal-investors/

I think you are clutching at straws, the share issue raised £22M

were all the pledges genuine.? I doubt that very much.;) so thatl be = a few grand for a kick off :D

have i earned a boycott.

I was taken regularly to parkhead by my father, when we lived half an hour from Glasgow. Until I was old enough to know better. About the age of six.

Some choose gloryhunting, some choose trophy after trophy as a big fish in a wee pond. I chose something else.

GIRUY.

So because you chose to change your allegiances and I stuck with mine that makes me a bad person? Jesus folk go nuts when OF fans call other clubs diddy clubs and stereotype said fans, yet think it's alright to do the same to them, idiots.

It doesn't bother me if you support Killie, hell I've been to one or two games myself, but I highly doubt at age 6 you suddenly had a epiphany and changed your mind as you "knew better", though I'll let you believe whatever nonsense fills your head. :rolleyes:

I'll still be a Rangers fan regardless of what happens. Hell, if we were to NEVER get out of SFL3 I'd still be there. If the club was reformed due to financial problems and stuck in the Junior leagues or whatever, I'd still go. I'm not a glory hunter, nor will I ever be.

There's your GIRUY.

GIRUY.

So someone at the age of 6 or 7 gets took to the football chooses to be a gloryhunter? Wise the f**k up.

Are you still going on about the share issue being a flop? You can't even debate on it, you haven't got an opinion of your own so you copy and paste other peoples opinions, that in it's self shows your intelligence or lack of.

Mr Green wanted 20 million he got 22.2 million, where's the flop in that? :lol:

He He, it's Mr Green now. Adopted as an Uber-Orc. Where's the money going, then, wee man? "Miscellaneous running expenses"? Your lot have got to get the stadium up to scratch for a start, seeing as the previous club didn't put maintenance above signing Grant Holt or David Goodwillie, or re-signing Daniel Cousin in the "ways to spend 5 million" list.

Exactly how far is 20 million (or 22, according to your "Walter diznae get paid by rangers" reliable figure) going to go?

Now that your lot have suddenly decided they don't want to invest, the people who own the company that owns the company that owns the club will be looking for their money back - and I don't reckon they'll be waiting to get it back from the prize money in rangers' first season in the Euro-Super-Fabulous-no shit teams like Villa League.

You enjoy your ersatz zombie club, wee man. The rest of us are only pointing and laughing because we're jealous.

Ah finally we get to the truth

WKR`s Dad was a gloryhunting bigot

Like father like son

My father was born and lived more than twenty years within a twenty minute walk from parkhead. He supported celtic till the day he died. I was born in Irvine (because that's where the hospital wasrolleyes.gif), but raised in Kilmarnock.

Any chance of an apology for yet another slur on my family?

He He, it's Mr Green now. Adopted as an Uber-Orc. Where's the money going, then, wee man? "Miscellaneous running expenses"? Your lot have got to get the stadium up to scratch for a start, seeing as the previous club didn't put maintenance above signing Grant Holt or David Goodwillie, or re-signing Daniel Cousin in the "ways to spend 5 million" list.

Exactly how far is 20 million (or 22, according to your "Walter diznae get paid by rangers" reliable figure) going to go?

Now that your lot have suddenly decided they don't want to invest, the people who own the company that owns the company that owns the club will be looking for their money back - and I don't reckon they'll be waiting to get it back from the prize money in rangers' first season in the Euro-Super-Fabulous-no shit teams like Villa League.

You enjoy your ersatz zombie club, wee man. The rest of us are only pointing and laughing because we're jealous.

9 milliom is getting spent on stadium upgrades and Ally will get 10 million for new players.

So because you chose to change your allegiances and I stuck with mine that makes me a bad person? Jesus folk go nuts when OF fans call other clubs diddy clubs and stereotype said fans, yet think it's alright to do the same to them, idiots.

It doesn't bother me if you support Killie, hell I've been to one or two games myself, but I highly doubt at age 6 you suddenly had a epiphany and changed your mind as you "knew better", though I'll let you believe whatever nonsense fills your head. :rolleyes:

I'll still be a Rangers fan regardless of what happens. Hell, if we were to NEVER get out of SFL3 I'd still be there. If the club was reformed due to financial problems and stuck in the Junior leagues or whatever, I'd still go. I'm not a glory hunter, nor will I ever be.

There's your GIRUY.

Where did I say I changed my allegiance?

Yes, I was aware at the age of six or so that there was more to celtic and rangers than football, and that that wasn't a good thing. Pardon me for having been a perceptive child.

Where did I say I changed my allegiance?

Yes, I was aware at the age of six or so that there was more to celtic and rangers than football, and that that wasn't a good thing. Pardon me for having been a perceptive child.

Well I'd say that changing what team you watch would be changing your allegiance. For example, changing what political party you vote for in an election, would be you changing your allegiance. C'mon, that's not hard to grasp!

Unless of course you are one of those fannies online who, rather than take what someone's saying and answer it, nitpick a word from the whole statement, dodge the whole issue and roll with it. ;)

Still doubting the perceptive child nonsense. I'd accept it at like 10 years old, but at 6 I still spent my time trying to get a swing to go all the way around and thought I was Pele when I tried to play football!