Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

From someone who saw the books at (insert sponsor name here) stadium.

“Upon full inspection, Rangers was not a ‘turnaround’ opportunity. It was (and is) an opportunity for someone with great wealth and a love of football and/or Scotland to give away tens and tens of millions of pounds. Unless some major, systemic changes occur within the current configuration of UK and European football leagues, I don’t think the Rangers math works.”

Discuss

You handed me my arse? :lol: Believe me it is the other way round

You lied, got busted and have spent the last few days denying it along with pleading to the gallery for support, which of course you have received copious amounts of. (not directly on your lie of course, that would be impossible...you lied) Does this make you feel vindicated?, a bunch of anti rangers fuckwits who spend their day spouting bile in an anti rangers thread, of course its easy to get the dhensbore onside (the biggest yahoo I have ever met and believe me that takes some doing :D), a few weeks ago you slated him on this very thread and now you will gladly accept his drivel. The pope could come on here supporting Rangers and these yahoos would attack him :D

Ah yeah I forgot you are veteran of internet chat forums (your own words) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tedi. You have been handed your arse daily on here.

Having just caught up on the recent discussion it looks like it was groundhog day for you again.

And just like clydebank. Airdrieonians and gretna.....yer still deid.

Having just caught up on the recent discussion it looks like it was groundhog day for you again.

That old chestnut.

You are one original motherfucker my friend, I salute you.

The boy's had a 'mare of a day as usual... some of his pals have come on,had a look and pissed right off,others tried to help him out, realised it was a lost cause and fcked off...

As I said a few posts back, I believe I got this wrong, I now think I have only met 1 hibs fan

So you lied and now you don't think I'm a Hibs fan, presumably in a "if you're no wan o us, ye must be wan o them" stylee?

How would you like me to "prove it"?

When you said you had come across a few Hibbies, did you mean me and the guy you caught shoplifting?

Edited by Shades75

As shades says

Saying something over and over does not make it true

Sorry pal

It however does not mean that it is not true to begin with. Just that the act of saying it over and over again is not what makes it true.

You must have left the conversation before I exchanged the above with Kincardine.

Sorry pal.

Because I am not a stockbroker or an expert in finance, here is a quote from someone who is and who saw the books at (insert name here) stadium...

"Upon full inspection, Rangers was not a 'turnaround' opportunity. It was (and is) an opportunity for someone with great wealth and a love of football and/or Scotland to give away tens and tens of millions of pounds. Unless some major, systemic changes occur within the current configuration of UK and European football leagues, I don't think the Rangers math works."

You can tell he's American, because he says 'math'.

So in the absence of 'someone with great wealth', who's putting in the money at The Rangers, except for the fans? CG wants his cash out. His mates want their cash out. Institutional investors want their cash out. Who's putting in? That'll be the fans then, as per usual.

Phew, an on-topic discussion! I remember those.....

I am no financial expert either (or I'd never have had one of those joint account things going on...sad.gif), but, FWIW -

I just cannot see where this sustainable football club is going to come from. Over the last few years, they've haemhorraged money from every orifice, while millions after millions have been pumped in to keep the whole thing afloat. This was with the eternal drip-feed associated with being a permanent fixture in the top two of the SPL, and regular European money. And with SPL-sized ticket income.

During the "good times", it appears the maintenance of the ground was neglected, so a fair amount of cash has to be spent there. The board, far from being altruistic "rangers men", are taking a fucking good whack out of the budget - those cardigans cannae be cheap.

Current income? Well, leaving aside Charlie's "two lots of ST money a year" claim, income has shrunk considerably. That is undeniable. What is also undeniable is that rangers fans have already bought into the fairy-tale, and they aren't going to put any more in without seeing some progress and success. And success for this lot has never meant winning lower-division titles.

So, any projections Charlie may have for the future for European success (yeah, I know, but hear me outwink.gif) will be contingent on the fans' continued support. That means their money - Charlie doesn't give a f**k about "tradition and history". His problem is that that support won't be there if the fans don't see what they want on the pitch - and they aren't going to see that for at least four years. Meanwhile, ibrox won't get any smaller, and neither will the upkeep costs. I can't see the Board suddenly deciding to come over all Pro Bono, either.

They've had their chance, these fans. That lovely share issue is now almost totally in the hands of amoral people who actually know how to make money. There's only one way I can see them doing that at ibrox, and it ain't gonna be built on a CL-winning football team.

Think about it - if someone wanted to make money from a football team, why would they invest in rangers, who were losing money hand over fist when they were at the top of the tree (and cutting expenses criminally), rather than Portsmouth, who have at least the realistic target (with a similar amount of investment) of reaching the promised land of the EPL? Where even the bottom side (Wolves) made twice as much from TV money alone as this share issue raised, and where a new lucrative TV deal is about to kick in?

Doesn't make sense to me. But then, I'm no expert.smile.gif

So you lied, thanks for confirming fuckwit, it's becoming abundantly clear that's all you're good for.

No, I didn't. OK, Tedi Roolz. You show me where I've lied.

You make an accusation like that without foundation, you lay yourself open to being labelled as an abusive, childish little shithead. You've had your lies and fantasies exposed left right and centre today, and yet you keep coming back for more. What the f**k is wrong with you? Many posters on this thread have got shit wrong (YT included), and if proved to be wrong, the vast majority will man up and admit to it. I can think of a few who don't. Maybe a couple of clues will help:

1. All support the same team.

2. Seem incapable of answering a straight question.

3. Happily throw unfounded insults at any who disagree with their "party line"

4. Endlessly "greenie" any brainfart from their amigos wee cronies* which makes it onto the thread, no matter how stupid , nonsensical, offensive or just plain wrong.

5. Are all bigots.**

*Nearly gave it away there, eh, Tedi?

**Tedi's Roolz, remember? post 103384, I believe.

No, I didn't. OK, Tedi Roolz. You show me where I've lied.

You make an accusation like that without foundation, you lay yourself open to being labelled as an abusive, childish little shithead. You've had your lies and fantasies exposed left right and centre today, and yet you keep coming back for more. What the f**k is wrong with you? Many posters on this thread have got shit wrong (YT included), and if proved to be wrong, the vast majority will man up and admit to it. I can think of a few who don't. Maybe a couple of clues will help:

1. All support the same team.

2. Seem incapable of answering a straight question.

3. Happily throw unfounded insults at any who disagree with their "party line"

4. Endlessly "greenie" any brainfart from their amigos wee cronies* which makes it onto the thread, no matter how stupid , nonsensical, offensive or just plain wrong.

5. Are all bigots.**

*Nearly gave it away there, eh, Tedi?

**Tedi's Roolz, remember? post 103384, I believe.

Why the aggression? Calm yourself down petal.

As I said a few posts back, I believe I got this wrong, I now think I have only met 1 hibs fan

So, this one Hibs fan upon whose morals you base your assessment of tens of thousands of peoples' "moral fibre": was it:

a. Shades?

b. Some jakey shoplifter back when you worked in the Electronic and Hobbies Retail Sector?

Or are you accusing Shades of having a criminal past?

Well what was getting said when Walter joined he wasn't getting paid as he isn't an employee of Rangers and only an non executive director.

Non-executive directors of Rangers are paid handsome salaries. Smith's is £40-50,000 plus expenses.

If I was anything like Tedi I'd call you a liar for ever more for that.

But I'm not, it's a mistake, we all make them (apart from Tedi).