Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

This talk of alleged gangsters buying significant shareholding, how does that work with the 'fit & proper' test?

They will have clean(ish) records and everything will seem above board. Either thst or someone they trust will be their front.

They will have clean(ish) records and everything will seem above board. Either thst or someone they trust will be their front.

Never heard of them myself but it seems everyone on here has and if it's such common knowledge, would seem a bit odd if allowed. Serving time for VAT fraud would surely be a fail in itself. I'm actually going to refrain from gloating on this one, doesn't sit well.

Not quite true - I believe that St Mirren and Ross County are even off the boycott list!

Why it matters to the bums I still can't quite understand - still as many steps away from CL whatever happens. Sir Charles I could see his viewpoint as increasing Season Tix prices by up to 30% wouldn't have been swallow swallowed in going back to get cuffed by Annan again.

Yes I'll have more of that.

Never heard of them myself but it seems everyone on here has and if it's such common knowledge, would seem a bit odd if allowed. Serving time for VAT fraud would surely be a fail in itself. I'm actually going to refrain from gloating on this one, doesn't sit well.

I know them as i am in the taxi business. It is only one of the brothers who did time for tax evasion.

The word is they are going to move into the Renfrewshire taxi area. That will not go down well

I never heard of them myself either :huh:

If the SFA tell them they are not fit and proper then I'd expect a few threats © of Rangers and then Hampden could see a fire or too and the board of directors windows get replaced a few times and they step down or resign :) then they go on to destroy another Rangers club into liquidation and they leave the game after collecting fire insurance on Ibrox and build flats.

IF ONLY :rolleyes::lol:

I know them as i am in the taxi business. It is only one of the brothers who did time for tax evasion.

The word is they are going to move into the Renfrewshire taxi area. That will not go down well

The trouble with building a mob empire is that someone else bigger will eventually come along or someone more mental with mental pals or the law will eventually get their men behind bars :blink:

If they get control then Tommy the taxi driver better find a new identity as the wild bears will want the mob to dish out revenge on very cold dishes :o .

Maggie Thatcher started the greed culture lets blame her

I'll raise you a royal family plus aristocrats and then the upper class because those bunch of fuckers hog about over 90% of the wealth in the country.

The trouble with building a mob empire is that someone else bigger will eventually come along or someone more mental with mental pals or the law will eventually get their men behind bars :blink:

If they get control then Tommy the taxi driver better find a new identity as the wild bears will want the mob to dish out revenge on very cold dishes :o .

If Tommy is a taxi driver the chances are he will be working for a Rangers supporter or somebody fronting a company for a Rangers supporter

I never thought i would say this. If Rangers are controlled by these people i will simply walk away. I absolutely point blank refuse to line the pockets of gangsters...i choose to work for a small taxi firm as i won't give my money to Stevie Malcolm!!

Some of my earlier posts were making merry really as know little of the West of Scotland other than what was been rumoured of the Easdales. When a fan who works in the industry says that, then I know there must be more to it.

Even Benny the Ball has not been shrugging the seriousness of it off.

Time to get yer hated mhedia on the case methinks to hound-off any serious challenge they make.

post-23278-0-34843000-1366783635_thumb.j

CHARLES Green is poised to walk away from Rangers with almost £3million after agreeing to sell his shares.

The scandal-hit businessman who quit as chief executive after links to shamed ex-owner Craig Whyte were uncovered has agreed to sell to bus tycoon James Easdale.

The deal will make Easdale and his convicted fraudster brother Sandy the biggest shareholders at Ibrox.

The pair will control 14 per cent of the club. James, 42, and Sandy, 45, have already snapped up six per cent of the shares in Rangers now to be topped up by Greens eight per cent.

Green bought five million shares in Rangers at 1p each last October. At todays value of 57.5p, his 5,071,629 shares in the club would be worth £2,916,186 giving him a startling £2.86million return on his 10 months at Ibrox.

He cant sell his shares now as he is locked in by Stock Market rules until December.

The Easdales own McGills Buses, a Greenock company who have become the largest independent operator in Scotland.

James is the chairman of the firm, who operate more than 350 buses and 55 routes and employ 700 staff.

On Saturday, the Record revealed Rangers director Imran Ahmad, an associate of Green, had been closely courting Sandy.

In November, Green reacted angrily when we revealed how the businessman had been shown round Ibrox and given VIP treatment at the club.

Sandy, who lives in a luxury home overlooking the Firth of Clyde, was jailed for 27 months in 1997 after Customs investigators uncovered a VAT scam linked to computer parts. He served 18 months of his sentence.

Sandy has built a business empire and ploughed cash into McGills. Scotlands Traffic Commissioner has deemed him a fit and proper person to run a bus firm.

But some members of the Rangers board are believed to have reservations about whether he should have such a powerbase in a club brought to its knees by Whyte.

Club sources say non-executive director Ian Hart, who has until now been a staunch supporter of Green, has concerns about doing further business with the Easdales.

Hart is said be ready to switch his support to the boardroom faction which is spearheaded by former manager Walter Smith and chairman Malcolm Murray.

There is also a growing concern about the clubs position with the SFA, who have reacted angrily to revelations linking Green with disgraced former owner Whyte.

In that context, Sandys conviction is likely to be of interest to the SFA, Rangers insiders say. A source close to the clubs board said: This is all very delicate and the last thing we need is an even bigger problem with the authorities. It makes you wonder what Greens game is.

The main priority is to appoint an independent chair to the commission investigating Greens links to Whyte.

There is also boardroom concern that more bad publicity about the club could further damage Rangers share price.

As well as McGills, Sandy Easdale also listed himself at Companies House in 2010 as a director of Arranglen, a holding company for Inverclyde Taxis, who have the £2million-a-year cab contract for Glasgow Airport. Records show he resigned from Arranglen in June last year.

Green has informed Rangers board he intends selling to James Easdale, who has agreed to buy.

He resigned last week after a probe was launched into reports that he colluded with Whyte to buy the Ibrox clubs assets.

Whyte claimed Green was his frontman to buy the assets of the club Whyte took into administration last year. Green denied those accusations, claiming he was going to shaft Whyte.

The Rangers board are probing links between Whyte and Green.

This latest twist indicates an all- out power struggle in the boardroom and among the clubs shareholders.

The Easdales are expected to team up with Zeus Capital investors, who are backing the Green-Ahmad-Stockbridge alliance.

But the city institutional investors are understood to be standing firm behind chairman Murray and Smith.

Nottinghamshire businessman Craig Mather is expected to be confirmed as the new chief executive, perhaps only on an interim basis, once Greens departure from the role has been formalised.

Speaking about his past, Sandy Easdale said in 2010: The conviction was almost 14 years ago.

I run two very successful businesses and have nothing to be ashamed of.

Stock Exchange announcement re appointment of Craig Mather

Rangers International Football Club plc

("Rangers", the "Group" or the "Club")

Directorate Change

Rangers announces that the Board has appointed Craig Mather, aged 42, to the role of Chief Operating Officer for the Group. In addition, Craig will act as interim Chief Executive Officer and will be a member of the Board as the interim Chief Executive Officer. In the meanwhile the search for a permanent replacement for Charles Green will continue and a further announcement will be made as appropriate. Craig has been director of sports development for the Club since October 2012 and is currently a shareholder in the Club having invested prior to its initial public offering in 2012. Craig currently holds 1,800,000 ordinary shares, representing 3.1 per cent. of the Company's shares in issue.

Craig is currently a director of Simply Cartons Limited, Simply Cartons Holdings Limited, Simply Racing Limited, Simply Sport Management Limited, Puki Limited, One Partners Limited and Little Big Shot Limited and has been a director of IP Logik Limited, Simply Rigids Limited and Spirit Sports Entertainment and Media Limited in the last five years.

So, initial 1,000,000 shares at 100p and 800,000 shares for 1p it looks like.