Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I've drafted and redrafted a response; researched far and wide, and wracked by brains, but I've had to conclude that it's impossible for me to explain how many fvcks I don't give about this. Boohoo for you about this dull non-issue that you're inexplicably working yourself up into a blazing seethe about.

I mean, the season Celtic made it to the UEFA Cup final, we didn't win a single trophy. But I wouldn't swap you that cup final for a domestic treble, even though we lost, because I enjoyed seeing us get there so much.

Folk on this thread, however... Jesus. Forever gnawing on some old bone of resentment about some invented non-slight done to you and your club* that most of us barely remember, even after you've been caught deliberately breaking the rules for ten years.

Wacky, mental stuff.

*The old, dead club, that is. Not the new one.

That looks a lot like an admission that you can't really refute the substance of what No8's said.

Is "Administrative error" the phrase you are searching for?

Nope. Not searching for anything. This has f**k all to do with Rangers so we should just shut the f**k up.

Sometimes a dignified silence is apt!

I was thinking about you the other day, though. There were comments on the Petty Things That Get on your Nerves thread a few days ago about the naming of Derry vs Londonderry.

My comment was here: http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php/topic/45302-petty-things-that-get-on-your-nerves/page-2102#entry7390296

" I usually just listen to Radio 4 but, even there, they call it "Derry,-Londonderry". This is the most ridiculous fudge. Just get off the fence, ya p***ks.

Edited to add.......there are a fair-few NI posters around. This is neither a political nor a religious point.....but aren't you sick to the back teeth of the BBC calling your second-largest city "Derry-Londonderry"?"

Sadly none of the NI posters replied.

Seeing as you're a sane NI-dweller and a good poster would you care to make a comment? Maybe better on the original thread rather than here?

REAL WORLD ! you follow a new club that has been cloned from the corpse of a dead one 8) .

REAL WORLD ! Rangers cloned existence came down to obtaining a piece of paper from the SFA that says it's the same club ON PAPER :) so technically Rangers are defined as a piece of paper Green acquired from the SFA that the PLC version handed back to the SFA when it died :lol: .

You can clutch straws onto any fudged view it's the same club when in fact it is a cloned version of the one that died.

The truth is that, no matter how much folk in places like this argue back and forward, in the real "REAL WORLD" people are going to look on us as the same club anyway. 8)

:lol: I can smell the desperation from here :lol:

You can post any fucking links you want to about it being the same Rangers but we all know ! we all know ! Cloned club same as the original but not the original and has cloned defects as well :P .

The associations should have just killed the club off FFS :lol: .

Definition of SAME; Identical, not different, unchanged.

That looks a lot like an admission that you can't really refute the substance of what No8's said.

Do you want me to prove that Celtic - club, supporters etc. - were genuinely upset and didn't exploit this or that?

How would you like me to do that? Leaked video footage of the board looking gutted and crying? Psychic powers?

There is no "substance" to refute here, MT. 8's claim is a free-standing, unverifiable assertion. He might as well have said that God won the league for Celtic, for all that it can be proven or disproven.

If it had been Rangers i would have been utterly ashamed and embarrassed...as i was by Craig Whytes actions as our chairman. I have never hidden from it nor will i. I might wind up the odd bigot but our sectarian past is shameful...i cant change it but it is something i am certainly not proud off.

celtic supporters have never been able to accept criticism of their club. Offended by everything ashamed of nothing.

If it had been Rangers i would have been utterly ashamed and embarrassed...as i was by Craig Whytes actions as our chairman. I have never hidden from it nor will i. I might wind up the odd bigot but our sectarian past is shameful...i cant change it but it is something i am certainly not proud off.

celtic supporters have never been able to accept criticism of their club. Offended by everything ashamed of nothing.

How do you feel about falsely accusing me of mocking cancer, reporting you, asking you get banned and shoehorning it into a post where you said you're still bitter about it 18 months later when it never actually happened? None of it did. How do you feel about concocting a fantasy about me in a post about your Fathers illness? How do you feel about that, hypocrite?

The truth is that, no matter how much folk in places like this argue back and forward, in the real "REAL WORLD" people are going to look on us as the same club anyway. 8)

The only people who are going to look on you as the same club are those with a vested interest in doing so.

The rest of us know the truth.

The only people who are going to look on you as the same club are those with a vested interest in doing so.

The rest of us know the truth.

Only the obsessed will think they "know the truth". The wider world will just look on us as Rangers.

Correctly, as it happens. :D

Do you want me to prove that Celtic - club, supporters etc. - were genuinely upset and didn't exploit this or that?

How would you like me to do that? Leaked video footage of the board looking gutted and crying? Psychic powers?

There is no "substance" to refute here, MT. 8's claim is a free-standing, unverifiable assertion. He might as well have said that God won the league for Celtic, for all that it can be proven or disproven.

No, of course I wouldn't request any such evidence. I'm not on some Tediesque quest for proof of every assertion.

I would have expected an argument however which explained the differing responses to the losses of O'Donnell and Burns. Maybe you've got one, but it wasn't evident in your response.

Nope. Not searching for anything. This has f**k all to do with Rangers so we should just shut the f**k up.

Sometimes a dignified silence is apt!

I was thinking about you the other day, though. There were comments on the Petty Things That Get on your Nerves thread a few days ago about the naming of Derry vs Londonderry.

My comment was here: http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php/topic/45302-petty-things-that-get-on-your-nerves/page-2102#entry7390296

" I usually just listen to Radio 4 but, even there, they call it "Derry,-Londonderry". This is the most ridiculous fudge. Just get off the fence, ya p***ks.

Edited to add.......there are a fair-few NI posters around. This is neither a political nor a religious point.....but aren't you sick to the back teeth of the BBC calling your second-largest city "Derry-Londonderry"?"

Sadly none of the NI posters replied.

Seeing as you're a sane NI-dweller and a good poster would you care to make a comment? Maybe better on the original thread rather than here?

Shucks, you've talked me into it! :wub:

No, of course I wouldn't request any such evidence. I'm not on some Tediesque quest for proof of every assertion.

I would have expected an argument however which explained the differing responses to the losses of O'Donnell and Burns. Maybe you've got one, but it wasn't evident in your response.

The immediate difference is surely that Phil was a young, healthy man and while Tommy's death was shocking and sudden, we all knew that he'd been very unwell. Phil just dropped down dead for what looked like no apparent reason. Surely most people can see why the sudden, unexpected death of a young man can be different to an older man with a serious form of cancer suddenly deteriorating.

But it shows how foul a topic this is, that it's necessary to point this out. It's difficult to explain how ridiculous this argument that Phil's death was exploited Celtic to steal the title is, on so many levels.

- It was years ago and even though Rangers lost, they still got to a UEFA Cup final - the kind of thing that other fans would bite your hand off for and celebrate even today, rather than stand around years later beeling because the SFA didn't bend over far enough backwards for Rangers;

- Celtic's actions can only be seen as vaguely problematic if you leap to the worst possible interpretation of Celtic's actions, when even the slightest hint of charity towards the folk who run the club, e.g. imagining that they're human beings rather than reptilian masterminds, reveals just how small-minded and nasty the entire claim is; and

- Even if you accept that Celtic were taking advantage, for the sake of argument, it's still totally insignificant when compared to, say, a club intentionally breaking the rules for ten years in order to field players that they couldn't otherwise afford.

It's absolutely ridiculous that folk are still blazing about this non-issue. It's dirty-minded, deliberately nasty and crass as fvck.

Edited by flyingrodent

A chance for a Scottish team rangers to win a European cup and what happens, lets hinder them in every way possible treat them the same as any other team and make them play ashitload (Bennett typotastic)of games in a few weeks. fulfil the fixtures of the competitions they entered.

Small minded people like you make me sick.

FTFY - the last bit is going right back at ya.

Hell we could have played 2 games on the same day, awa and bile yer heid.

What happened that season was a bloody disgrace.

Yes it was, and those acquaintances of mine who hail from the other side of the Pennines fully agree.

Every football organisation say Rangers are still....well Rangers.

Every legal challenge has said that Rangers are still...Rangers

Rangers still play at their historic home.

Rangers still wear the famous Royal Blue

Rangers still had to pay the footballing debt of the Oldco.

I still use the same Rangers smartcard to gain entry to our Historic and listed football stadium. The Big Hoose is well and truly still open.

Rangers then...Rangers Now...Rangers Forever

Oh wait....An ICT fan who admits his brain was fried years ago after the misuse of drugs and a few obsessives from the East End claim we are a new club.

It's a toughy right enough but i think i will go with what the courts and footballing authorities say.

As does some flute-playing halfwit on this forum, according to another poster's signature. Care to elaborate?

The immediate difference is surely that Phil was a young, healthy man and while Tommy's death was shocking and sudden, we all knew that he'd been very unwell. Phil just dropped down dead for what looked like no apparent reason. Surely most people can see why the sudden, unexpected death of a young man can be different to an older man with a serious form of cancer suddenly deteriorating.

But it shows how foul a topic this is, that it's necessary to point this out. It's difficult to explain how ridiculous this argument that Phil's death was exploited Celtic to steal the title is, on so many levels.

- It was years ago and even though Rangers lost, they still got to a UEFA Cup final - the kind of thing that other fans would bite your hand off for and celebrate even today, rather than stand around years later beeling because the SFA didn't bend over far enough backwards for Rangers;

- Celtic's actions can only be seen as vaguely problematic if you leap to the worst possible interpretation of Celtic's actions, when even the slightest hint of charity towards the folk who run the club, e.g. imagining that they're human beings rather than reptilian masterminds, reveals just how small-minded and nasty the entire claim is; and

- Even if you accept that Celtic were taking advantage, for the sake of argument, it's still totally insignificant when compared to, say, a club intentionally breaking the rules for ten years in order to field players that they couldn't otherwise afford.

It's absolutely ridiculous that folk are still blazing about this non-issue. It's dirty-minded, deliberately nasty and crass as fvck.

'Tis a rather crass discussion, I'll give you that.

I do still think it odd that Celtic's game was postponed when their connection to the player was not that immediate at the time.

I personally don't take that charitable a view of the decision. I can do this while simultaneously criticising other clubs for behaviour that strikes me as shoddy to a greater or lesser extent. It's not a problem.

'Tis a rather crass discussion, I'll give you that.

I do still think it odd that Celtic's game was postponed when their connection to the player was not that immediate at the time.

I personally don't take that charitable a view of the decision. I can do this while simultaneously criticising other clubs for behaviour that strikes me as shoddy to a greater or lesser extent. It's not a problem.

Fair enough, you're perfectly entitled to.

Me, I think that if you allow that the men who run Celtic may well be opportunistic, and grasping, and selfish, but are also basically half-decent human beings, then there's no compelling reason to presume that they took a glorious opportunity to exploit a man's tragic death in order to move a difficult game. I think doing so is pretty petty and mean-spirited.