Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

And when is the official start of next season?

Positive i read Scottish cup is the final day of this season and next season starts the day after, could be wrong. HJ you wanna help here?

Guaranteed the start of next season will be one day too late to enforce any punishment

Might be wanting to confirm that if Rangers start next season still in admin it will be on minus ten rather than minus a third of this season's total.

Am I the only one who is thoroughly bored by this whole Rangers saga?

That's 2 months now and Dick and Dom have laid off no-one,and paid no-one outside the club. They have made claim after claim, all of which have turned out to be drivel( Whyte is irrelevant, out of administration in weeks, no possibility of liquidation etc, etc). They have also made deadlines, final deadlines, final final deadlines and nothing happens. Perhaps they intend staying in administration for ever. After all, why bother coming out of it if you can go on and on as if nothing is wrong and pay absolutely NOTHING, while keeping the same squad as you had before on a quarter of the salary!

They even tried to sign players while in this state and have turned down bids for Naismith, which could at least have paid some of the small creditors off. Start every year on minus ten and trouser the TV money.

I have stopped listening to Chic Young and the rest of them, as even their grief at the prospect of the end of their gravy train has stopped amusing me!

For Gods Sake someone put them out of their misery so we can get back to talking about FOOTBALL!

That's 2 months now and Dick and Dom have laid off no-one,and paid no-one outside the club. They have made claim after claim, all of which have turned out to be drivel( Whyte is irrelevant, out of administration in weeks, no possibility of liquidation etc, etc). They have also made deadlines, final deadlines, final final deadlines and nothing happens. Perhaps they intend staying in administration for ever. After all, why bother coming out of it if you can go on and on as if nothing is wrong and pay absolutely NOTHING, while keeping the same squad as you had before on a quarter of the salary!

They even tried to sign players while in this state and have turned down bids for Naismith, which could at least have paid some of the small creditors off. Start every year on minus ten and trouser the TV money.

I have stopped listening to Chic Young and the rest of them, as even their grief at the prospect of the end of their gravy train has stopped amusing me!

For Gods Sake someone put them out of their misery so we can get back to talking about FOOTBALL!

Do you even know what administration is?

Positive i read Scottish cup is the final day of this season and next season starts the day after, could be wrong. HJ you wanna help here?

you have asked this before im sure

the first day of the new season is officially the morning that the games begin, this season it was Sat 23 Jul

SPL considers a season to run 1st July > 30th June in terms of player registrations, discipline, etc.

I highly doubt the SFA considers the Scottish Cup Final to be the literal end: many organisations (including SFL) play beyond that.

For SPL admin, though, I'd imagine it's MD1, i.e. August 4th.

EDIT: itzdrk seems similarly minded.

Edited by HibeeJibee

Do you even know what administration is?

OK I`ll bite. My point is Rangers will be back as if nothing had ever happened by next season in one form or another. When your team was in administration, the club suffered short term pain and a reality check. They have come back stronger than before and are on the verge of the Champions League qualifiers! Rangers will come back with a slap on the wrist and start buying hoovering up talent from all of the rest of us, as usual. Last week Sky Sports claimed that they were monitoring Steve Jennings. While 134 million in debt!

you have asked this before im sure

the first day of the new season is officially the morning that the games begin, this season it was Sat 23 Jul

I did yes, can't remember if i got a reply biggrin.gif

I will make the point i made then. If a team goes into administration on say June 1st which season would they lose the 10pts from?

By your and HJ's logic it would be the season that has just finished. That can't be right?

I will make the point i made then. If a team goes into administration on say June 1st which season would they lose the 10pts from?

By your and HJ's logic it would be the season that has just finished. That can't be right?

In England when that's been tried, IIRC, it's been applied to the forthcoming season. However there's obviously a potential difference between your scenario (going into administration) and staying in it from previous season, anyway.

In England when that's been tried, IIRC, it's been applied to the forthcoming season. However there's obviously a potential difference between your scenario (going into administration) and staying in it from previous season, anyway.

I agree 100 % their is a difference. The point being do the SPL have a definitive answer as to when the start of the season is? you say its KO day1

but if you go into admin in the summer do they actually have a date or is this another of these circumstances whereby it happens (like Rangers and the newco rules) and their are no rules surrounding said event?

Seems silly to me to have 2 rules.

Go into administration June 1st and be deducted 10pts when season starts

Be in administration up to August and be fine when season starts

You could have 2 clubs in administration in July and 1 get's a deduction yet the other doesn't. The SPL is crazy

Tbh I wouldn't see it as hugely controversial if a club that entered administration in say early July was deducted points for the coming season, while a club already in admin that got out of it in early July wasn't deducted points for the coming season too.

Edited by HibeeJibee

Tbh I wouldn't see it as hugely controversial if a club that entered administration in say early July was deducted points for the coming season, while a club already in admin that got out of it in early July wasn't deducted points for the coming season too.

"Hugely controversial" seems taking my point too far. but you see what i mean about it being weird?

For all i've seen written about Rangers in administration, i've never once read a date in which they need to be out of administration to avoid a further penalty, it just keeps saying "next season" unsure.gif So well played you for answering biggrin.gif

I did yes, can't remember if i got a reply biggrin.gif

the rules basically state you lose it from the current season and any other season you are in administration (obviously not word for word)

so technically if you avoided relegation by 10 points you SHOULD go down

note i said should and not will because imnto 100% sure

Might be wanting to confirm that if Rangers start next season still in admin it will be on minus ten rather than minus a third of this season's total.

The SPL proposals state that its minus 10 or minus a third of this seasons total WHICHEVER IS THE GREATER

Also is it 1/3 of the total after the 10pt reduction, or 1/3 of the total points earnt?

Doesn't make a huge difference, but equally, 4pts is 4pts and has some significance.

The way it's worded in the blurb on the SPL it could be read either way

Club’s SPL points in the preceding season.

Borys

No you are not! The whole thing has become utterly tedious, a lot of wailing and tearing of clothes going on, to no end.

As you say, heaven knows what D&P are playing at..............talk about a long , slow, painful death ! Put it this way, if Rangers were a horse, they would be dog food by now!

Trying to answer a question a pal asked and can't find the info. Maybe someone on P&B knows the asnwer

Rangers key real estate assets - Murray Park, Ibrox and the Car Park have been valued as part of the process of administration on an existing use basis and alternative use basis? The Administrators agents, Lambert Smith, were appointed to provide an indicative valuation of Ibrox Stadium on an existing use and alternative use basis.

Does anyone know what value were placed on them and what range of alternative uses were imagined?