Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Good post - it sounds like you have a good handle on the obstacles to serious fan representation, let alone ownership.

I'm not having a go here, but what you're acknowledging is that the Rangers fanbase is, shall we say - different.  It's so large that it's likely to be diverse, but as you say, the lunatic fringe is not as tiny or as unimportant as we're often led to believe.

While the number of season tickets shifted is again impressive, the 'best fans' line does wear thin when we know that for many of their own fans, the club represents something so ugly.

As you say, the scummy element has been pandered to for too long, and this means that they can't now be readily dismissed or overridden.  There really isn't an obvious solution beyond crossing your fingers to hope decent sorts somehow get control.

They'll never have better opportunity to rid themselves of the 'Fringe' than last year. Sadly this wasn't taken.

Celtic are equally guilty in their pandering towards the abhorrent and illiterate Green Brigade.

Sent from my C5303 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

"I'll tell you, that would be bad luck - to have the worst Rangers team in history and the worst chief executive in history at the same time. That's downright bad luck."

Aye, a double whammy, and even unluckier, to have the worst Rangers manager in history at the same time. Whoda thunk it?

Remember they welcomed Traynor for Christ's sake.

I'd imagine comments made in his autobiography about the sectarianism there, might be more of a hurdle.

Jabba has been pretty quiet in all of this. Is he waiting to see who the victors are before he declares his allegiance?

Fan ownership at Rangers, will never happen it would be a crazy idea, our support will never unite, like you say too many factions that are only united in supporting Rangers but when it comes to everything else could not agree on the colour of shite.

The road to stability unfortunately is a single shareholder with 51% or more operating a closed shop with little or no transparency.

Bejesus Ted!

Don't think that proved too 'stable' the last couple of times you tried it.

Jabba has been pretty quiet in all of this. Is he waiting to see who the victors are before he declares his allegiance?

I reckon Green called him into action on Saturday night when a copy of McCoist's rant briefly appeared on the Rangers website before being pulled.

Not sure if a forum on the official site would actually help in this situation.

In general, forums run by clubs are quite bland and too much, even reasonable, criticism of the club is 'discouraged'. Ok when things are plodding along normally but when there are behind the scenes shenanigans it becomes a propaganda tool for whichever faction has control of it,

I know how bad these "official" forums are based on Dunfermline's one. As soon as the tough questions and harsh criticism came in about the running of the club. We started to see mass bannings and warnings to the point where even respected mods were getting banned.

I hope it's just a temporary lapse, but I actually feel pretty sorry for the decent bears today. Things can't really get much worse can they? :(

Why are there absolutely no moves towards fan ownership? I would have thought the teams low standing and as they're never slow to remind us, huge fanbase, would have made fan ownership eminently achievable in the circumstances.

As an aside, would an admin for the newco actually be that bad for them? I can't imagine anyone with half a brain has given them a line of credit and I would still expect them win the league by 20 points +.

Fan ownership is still a possible end game, but it could end up in a Clyde situation.

"I'll tell you, that would be bad luck - to have the worst Rangers team in history and the worst chief executive in history at the same time. That's downright bad luck."

Aye, a double whammy, and even unluckier, to have the worst Rangers manager in history at the same time. Whoda thunk it?

Worst manager maybe but the teams (for our league position) isn't that bad and maybe stronger than we actualy need bud.

Is anyone else feeling sympathetic towards the P&B RSC? For all the discussions and raised emotion throughout this thread most the guys are likeable, even if their darker sides do show through at times.

I will enjoy ribbing you guys over the next few days but before this I'd like to let it be known part of me is a football fan and that part of me empathises with the football fans in you.

I hear he is close to signing a contract extension, more compo for us then?

Would he be accepted back after describing newco as technically a new club?

He knocked back a bigger club than Rangers last season ;)

Is anyone else feeling sympathetic towards the P&B RSC? For all the discussions and raised emotion throughout this thread most the guys are likeable, even if their darker sides do show through at times.

I will enjoy ribbing you guys over the next few days but before this I'd like to let it be known part of me is a football fan and that part of me empathises with the football fans in you.

A wee bit. But the over riding feeling is f**k 'em. :D

I will enjoy ribbing you guys over the next few days but before this I'd like to let it be known part of me is  a football fan and that part of me empathises with the football fans in you.

As I said this morning, I do today. :ph34r:

Except BP/AWRA of course. ;)

I'm not often big on empathy where OF fans are concerned, but I know what you mean.

You read an intelligent post like No8's above about the division among the fanbase, and your heart does kind of go out to him, for his powerlessness as he stares at at the scary, humiliating turmoil of something he loves.

No doubt one of them will post something soon though, that'll make me pull myself together.

No.

Ra peepul can never suffer enough in my eyes :)

Meanwhile, back in the real word...

Can I just offer a hearty congratulations to the plastics and diddies who campaigned relentlessly to end naughty songs, people enjoying themselves at fitba matches and freedom of expression in general.

It's a massive victory for them with rasellik completely shutting down the Goon Brigade.

Well done!

:lol:

Meanwhile, back in the real word...

Can I just offer a hearty congratulations to the plastics and diddies who campaigned relentlessly to end naughty songs, people enjoying themselves at fitba matches and freedom of expression in general.

Thanks Bendarroch.

I've now pulled myself together.

Edited by Monkey Tennis