Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Craig Whyte spotted in the Monaco branch of Thomas Cook. Looking at city breaks to Glasgow in September.

Ah, that's who the buxom blonde in the leopardskin mini dress was. ^_^

How much, per-fan-in-Manchester, would it have cost to buy the assets instead of letting Green get them?

If the fans don't even care enough to spend a hundred Daily Records' worth (spits) each, why would they get into a froth now?

And if they so vehemently demand Green goes, what do they want instead? Another Big Man to provide for them. Any other club - any - would have been taken back by its fans. Maybe no other clubs' fans have the same sense of entitlement and passivity.

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Newcastle game

Call for sit in demonstration after the match and black and red scarves to be worn all in protest against Green.

Doubt it will work, too short notice.

Looks like they are planning a long sit in after the game. On Rangers Media they have been talking about bringing blankets as it will probably get chilly by full time. Seems a sensible suggestion, but it might make it a bit too much like a Bobby Sands sit in. :unsure:​ Just hope they don't start spreading their excrement on the walls of Ibrox. :oops

Haven't read all the posts about Walter doing a runner.

Unfortunately I have never seen Walter as this great legend who cares. He has had too many dodgy transfers in his time, and definitely too close to some agents at the extreme end of dodginess and money grabbing. If you look at every decision Walter has made none of it is because he cares so much he will do it for free. No he cares so much it puts his price up.

When he decided to resign why not call a board meeting? I am sure it could have waited a day or so. Then he could have said what he wanted directly to the faces of those he was castigating in his press release.

Or did he know that if he did this he would be torn into by Green and his ilk? And couldn't face up to that.(wimp :bairn )

He preferred to run (not walk) away, and do his big talk through the Daily Record and such.

But the Ibrox loyal will no doubt still revere him for his talk rather than his actions.

Let's see if he pops up again hiding behind Jim McColl's coat tails :unsure2: ?

Edited by thelegendthatis

http://m.thedrum.com/news/2013/08/06/independent-reviewer-reopening-case-against-rangers-fc-most-successful-football-clubAdvertising Standards Authority ruling withdrawnIt doesnt rain but it pours. The Independent Review Process of the Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) has looked into the ASAs recent, and widely reported, ruling on Rangers Internationals claim on football titles won by a liquidated club. The Review found that it was a procedural flaw for the ASA to have relied on an extract only of a report sent to it by the advertiser.Further, the review process ruled that there was also the risk of a substantial flaw of adjudication in the distinction that had been made between club and company, especially in the light of previous ASA decisions about companies that change hands and the circumstances in which the new company could or could not trade off the reputation of the old company.The Chairman of the ASA, Lord Smith of Finsbury, as decided to reopen the ASAs investigation into the case and to withdraw the published adjudication, which favoured the advertiser. Withdrawing this adjudication does not infer that a different outcome will subsequently be reached. To use a football analogy, its half time and theyre all square.An interesting, and potentially critical part of the story, is that after the initial ASA decision was issued, the clubs web site noted that their submission to the process included information that a panel of the London Stock Exchange supported their claim.The Stock Exchange subsequently appeared surprised at this assertion, so much so that the club promptly withdrew the claim from the web article.

Looks like rangers have been caught talking shite again

http://m.thedrum.com/news/2013/08/06/independent-reviewer-reopening-case-against-rangers-fc-most-successful-football-club

Edited by captain kirk

What if he doesn't ?

Allocation of shares decides. So Green stays I would think regardless of what the supporters think. Like it or lump it to everyone else. :(

(to support this have a look at the share price which is sitting tight at 41p this morning. I would have thought that if there were any investors deciding enough was enough they would cut their loses now before it gets worse. But no selling. When will they announce their dividend? With season ticket sales money in the bank could be a worthwhile dividend. :o )

Edited by thelegendthatis

Advertising Standards Authority ruling withdrawnIt doesn’t rain but it pours. The Independent Review Process of the Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) has looked into the ASA’s recent, and widely reported, ruling on Rangers International’s claim on football titles won by a liquidated club. The Review found that “it was a procedural flaw for the ASA to have relied on an extract only of a report sent to it by the advertiser”.Further, the review process ruled that “there was also the risk of a substantial flaw of adjudication in the distinction that had been made between ‘club’ and ‘company’, especially in the light of previous ASA decisions about companies that change hands and the circumstances in which the new company could or could not trade off the reputation of the old company”.The Chairman of the ASA, Lord Smith of Finsbury, as decided to reopen the ASA’s investigation into the case and to withdraw the published adjudication, which favoured the advertiser. Withdrawing this adjudication does not infer that a different outcome will subsequently be reached. To use a football analogy, it’s half time and they’re all square.An interesting, and potentially critical part of the story, is that after the initial ASA decision was issued, the club’s web site noted that their submission to the process included information that a “panel of the London Stock Exchange” supported their claim.The Stock Exchange subsequently appeared surprised at this assertion, so much so that the club promptly withdrew the claim from the web article.

Lord Nimmo Smith vs Lord Smith of Finsbury. Big fight to be staged at Ibrox stadium. Roll up!

http://m.thedrum.com/news/2013/08/06/independent-reviewer-reopening-case-against-rangers-fc-most-successful-football-clubAdvertising Standards Authority ruling withdrawnIt doesnt rain but it pours. The Independent Review Process of the Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) has looked into the ASAs recent, and widely reported, ruling on Rangers Internationals claim on football titles won by a liquidated club. The Review found that it was a procedural flaw for the ASA to have relied on an extract only of a report sent to it by the advertiser.Further, the review process ruled that there was also the risk of a substantial flaw of adjudication in the distinction that had been made between club and company, especially in the light of previous ASA decisions about companies that change hands and the circumstances in which the new company could or could not trade off the reputation of the old company.The Chairman of the ASA, Lord Smith of Finsbury, as decided to reopen the ASAs investigation into the case and to withdraw the published adjudication, which favoured the advertiser. Withdrawing this adjudication does not infer that a different outcome will subsequently be reached. To use a football analogy, its half time and theyre all square.An interesting, and potentially critical part of the story, is that after the initial ASA decision was issued, the clubs web site noted that their submission to the process included information that a panel of the London Stock Exchange supported their claim.The Stock Exchange subsequently appeared surprised at this assertion, so much so that the club promptly withdrew the claim from the web article.

http://m.thedrum.com/news/2013/08/06/independent-reviewer-reopening-case-against-rangers-fc-most-successful-football-club

Is this the real reason the cardigan walked? He's just found out he was right in the first instance, this is not Rangers.

Sevco going into administration, being docked 15 points at some point this season and missing out on promotion would be just marvellous.

I think Pie and Bovril would melt off the internet :(

If they want to be treated "fairly" a second admin is either 25 points (Dundee) or demotion to League 2 (livvy)

Not sure the punishment for a second liquidation!

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Was it not confirmed earlier that this is a wind-up?

You ignored my post again.

They have 140 years of unbroken history and are Scotlands most successful club (ASA approved :D)

ASA approval, withdrawn. :lol:

If they want to be treated "fairly" a second admin is either 25 points (Dundee) or demotion to League 2 (livvy)

Not sure the punishment for a second liquidation!

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

What 2nd Administration? We are a new Club :P

Was it not confirmed earlier that this is a wind-up?

It was supposed this was a wind-up by me and others, this is confirmation of authenticity.

I like to be able to admit to being wrong, this time it pleases me to be totally mistaken.

From a thread on Orcmedia about scarves.

simplythebest

Bill Struth

• photo-thumb-2230.jpg?_r=1368531159
  • True Blue
  • big_starc.png
  • 28,027 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:51 PM

snapback.pngRfc52, on 05 August 2013 - 09:49 PM, said:

I don't like them. But they came out in the march of the admin year
But we came out of admin and contrary to the panic of some we aren't in admin now.

History is being rewritten. Although I suppose going into liquidation is, in effect, coming out of administration.

Teds, I don't think we disagree here. i just thought that Walter, as chairman, should mediate. Aye, we agree on Ally's shortcomings. I guess I'd hoped that Watty would have been more magisterial.

Serious question K. Are you 120yrs old?