Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I'd have thought rangers fans would have preferred winning the league not that convincingly with a good young team rather that destroying the league with a team that's bleeding the club dry.

As long as they don't spend over £30 million to win it, they'll be happy :whistle

I'd have thought rangers fans would have preferred winning the league not that convincingly with a good young team rather that destroying the league with a team that's bleeding the club dry.

A lot of Rangers fans think a lot of the signings aren't necessary - and the same goes for the further signings that are being talked about.

A lot of Rangers fans think a lot of the signings aren't necessary - and the same goes for the further signings that are being talked about.

Would you have accepted a failure to be promoted along the way if it was a talented youth team with great potential that was playing? Or is promotion a must, no matter who plays?

Would you have accepted a failure to be promoted along the way if it was a talented youth team with great potential that was playing? Or is promotion a must, no matter who plays?

That's the thing, with us promotion is a must every season until we're back in the top flight. The team is also always expected to win and that's why playing a youth team wouldn't work. The fans would get pissed off if we started losing quite a few games even if it was all young players.

Promotion is a must, for financial reasons if nothing else.

Though I know some will say we're stuffed anyway! :)

That's the thing, with us promotion is a must every season until we're back in the top flight. The team is also always expected to win and that's why playing a youth team wouldn't work. The fans would get pissed off if we started losing quite a few games even if it was all young players.

But where is the balance between short term(winning league) and long term(saving millions, potentially the club)?

Playing youths alone down here would be insane as they'd have been eaten alive.

The balance has to be right and i'm not sure that i trust the current coaching staff to do that.

But where is the balance between short term(winning league) and long term(saving millions, potentially the club)?

I couldn't possibly tell you. I personally would have went with a mixture of youth and experience but Ally is scared of that, he knows what the level of expectations on him are, so he goes with experienced pros instead of giving the young lads games.

I couldn't possibly tell you. I personally would have went with a mixture of youth and experience but Ally is scared of that, he knows what the level of expectations on him are, so he goes with experienced pros instead of giving the young lads games.

Agreed, I'm not sure he knows how to win with a team that can't steamroll opponents even before the game is played.

"Back":lol::lol::lol:

Promotion is a must, for financial reasons if nothing else.

Though I know some will say we're stuffed anyway! :)

Just on this point.

Surely you must lose more paying the wages than you gain from winning the leagues with overpaid players?

The fans have shown they will support anyway.

So why overpay and make a loss instead of enduring a few losses and making a profit?!?