Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I thought you'd seen this lad before, so I was surprised you got taken in. Mind you, like Peter Kay's Jesus Christ Superstar Dancing on Ice factor Idol, it's funnier because, at first glance, it's indistinguishable from our very own bitter wee fud. :lol:

Found your missing tooth yet?

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/rangers-richer-than-celtic-in-a-year-says-1190504

RANGERS owner Charles Green last night insisted the Ibrox club would be in a stronger financial position than Celtic in a year.

“We are in the Third Division and Celtic are in the SPL and what I’d like you to do is promise me at the end of this season, when all the games are played, examine the balance sheets of the clubs and tell me which one is the strongest?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24207406

Celtic have reported a pre-tax profit of £9.74m in their preliminary financial results

Group revenue increased by 47.7% to £75.82m compared with £51.34m in 2012 and the club report cash at the bank of £3.76m against £2.77m debt in 2012.

And thats before counting the money for Wanyama, Hooper and this season Champions League cash

We clearly don't need Sevco to survive as some predicted, We've got our balance sheet out, its over to you Sevco :1eye

Edited by Enrico Annoni

Grand news for Norman....

THIS Saturday Celtic travel to Rugby Park to take on Kilmarnock on Premiership duty. And today, Kilmarnock FC have made an exclusive offer to all Celtic Season Ticket holders wanting to see the Hoops in action this Saturday, September 28.

For today only, Celtic Season Ticket holders can purchase adult tickets in the Moffat Stand for £20 (regular adult price £26), with each adult ticket then being entitled to buy up to a maximum of two U12 tickets at £10 per child (regular child´s ticket price £17).

:)

Well, according to this Ally is still looking to add to the squad. Proof the war chest exists and the club is still willing to spend money to get to the top of the Scottish football leagues. This should tell everyone that going into the week the accounts will be revealed that rumours of the clubs increasingly poor financial position is nothing but unfounded internet gossip. There is no solid proof that the most talked about and most successful football club in Scotland is about to enter administration anytime soon.

Building blocks help Rangers construct road back to the top

Posted Image

Richard Wilson

Sports writer

Tuesday 24 September 2013

Rangers are still coming to terms with having an expanded squad.

Posted Image

Rangers emerged from a hard-fought game against Forfar with a sixth consecutive SPFL League 1 victory

Their performances have faltered since nine players signed as free agents after the club's registration embargo ended, even if sheer bloodymindedness has still delivered results. Accommodating new arrivals can be awkward, but Ally McCoist is still pursuing further additions.

A contact has been offered to Marius Zaliukas, the former Hearts defender, who spent a week training with Rangers and has now returned to Lithuania to consider his options. With the transfer window having closed and club generally having filled their squads, Zaliukas may not have several offers, although joining Rangers would involve a significant drop in wages from the contract he was on at Hearts.

McCoist intended to speak to the player yesterday, having been impressed by his fitness and conditioning despite the defender missing a structured pre-season routine. The Rangers manager has also sought informed opinion about the centre-back's qualities.

"I spoke to the manager a couple of times earlier in the season," said Lee Wallace, a former team-mate of Zaliukas at Hearts. "[Marius] was in training last week and I caught him just at the back of the international break. I've known him for a number of years. He's got a wealth of experience in the SPL and has lifted the Scottish Cup with Hearts. He's a great centre-half and he's good in both boxes so we know his qualities. if he comes in, he'll certainly add strength to the team.

"The manager knew about him and we've spoken about him. [Marius] would add a significant piece of solidity to the team because he's a powerful defender who is very dominant in the air. I remember when he first came over, I was still a young boy at the time and he was a wee bit raw to start with, but he quickly adapted and he played a great amount of games for Hearts and lifted the Scottish Cup a few years ago so he will certainly add that bit of quality."

Zaliukas would provide greater strength in depth, but also add more of the mental resilience that McCoist felt his squad required after last season's inconsistencies. Although the displays have not been as slick or persuasive as they might have been in recent weeks, the team have still ground out victories. Rangers have lost only once all season and made amends for that defeat when thy overcame Forfar Athletic at Station Park last Sunday. It was a grim contest, given the gusty conditions, but it was on occasions like that last season when Rangers were dropping points.

"When we are not playing well, we try to keep solid and not concede goals and that's what we did [against Forfar] and we're happy with that," said Wallace. "[Against] Airdrie away, I thought we were tremendous. I think [better] performances will come, but we just need to keep winning games and go onto win the league and do well in the cups.

"It's probably down to experience and we've got that extra bit of resilience and solidity that we've probably got in the team. The guys who have come in have probably got that wealth of experience and quality and they know that when we are maybe not having the best of games technically with the ball, we just have to be resilient and be solid and not concede."

Rangers are still developing, and McCoist himself admits they are some distance from the club's old standards, but the manager is attempting to put building blocks in place for the future.

Unfounded internet gossip about rangers poor financial position?

Hmmm, sure I've heard that before. :rolleyes:

Well, according to this Ally is still looking to add to the squad. Proof the war chest exists and the club is still willing to spend money to get to the top of the Scottish football leagues. This should tell everyone that going into the week the accounts will be revealed that rumours of the clubs increasingly poor financial position is nothing but unfounded internet gossip. There is no solid proof that the most talked about and most successful football club in Scotland is about to enter administration anytime soon.

Was it not announced by your own board that all the share money had pretty much gone ?

"Still coming to terms with having an expanded squad" - ffs, talk about first-world problems!

"Zaliuskas considering his options" - would a ticket to Lithuania be necessary if his preferred option was Govan?

"Given the gusty conditions" - fucking whind!

Seriously, how is this pish ever published, and what kind of moron laps it up? :lol:

Agree, I read that from this piece of news as well. :lol:

Run that club into the ground with every means available and not available and don't spare the has-been experienced pros or the young players that in reality will be playing for the likes of Pollok or Arthurlie in a year or two, nor the easy money from the gullible zealot supporters (cash cow/mugs/fuckwits). Buy into the dream like football fans did with Gretna, they set the standards to surpass. SPFL or bust??

The fear of failure in not reaching the SPFL in just 3 season is huge at Rangers football club. So much fear. :blink::lol:

Clearly McCoist has no idea of Rangers current plight and I fully expect him to emerge from next months AGM with a face on him like he had back after he had that meeting with Craig Whyte who told him he wasn't getting any more money to spend despite the transfer of Jelavic to Everton. :lol:

Btw, how come Rangers are not playing tonight?

Grand news for Norman....

THIS Saturday Celtic travel to Rugby Park to take on Kilmarnock on Premiership duty. And today, Kilmarnock FC have made an exclusive offer to all Celtic Season Ticket holders wanting to see the Hoops in action this Saturday, September 28.

For today only, Celtic Season Ticket holders can purchase adult tickets in the Moffat Stand for £20 (regular adult price £26), with each adult ticket then being entitled to buy up to a maximum of two U12 tickets at £10 per child (regular child´s ticket price £17).

:)

Why are they doing this. Why are they not giving the tickets to celtic to distribute among their supporters?

Run that club into the ground with every means available and not available and don't spare the has-been experienced pros or the young players that in reality will be playing for the likes of Pollok or Arthurlie in a year or two, nor the easy money from the gullible zealot supporters (cash cow/mugs/fuckwits). Buy into the dream like football fans did with Gretna, they set the standards to surpass. SPFL or bust??

The fear of failure in not reaching the SPFL in just 3 season is huge at Rangers football club. So much fear. :blink::lol:

Btw, how come Rangers are not playing tonight?

Looks to me like they're going over the top with the signings to try and win the 3rd tier by enough points. So that it won't cost them promotion when they get a points deduction for going into admin. Sally, much like Watty has no shame, and will bring in as many players from as high a level as possible to cover up his own short comings. However, they are a few x-factors as to how certain parties will react to the unfolding events next year. So we'll just have to wait and see. As long as he gets paid well and on time. He'll be an obedient servent to the spivs at the top.

Edited by Fotbawmad