Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Tbf, I'd suggest you can't blame McCoist, actually.

If someone offerred you £800k+ to (stutteringly) win SFL3 with an £8M player budget, exiting all 3 cups by QFs, you'd take it.

I don't think many of us have earned millions from our employers before asking people with a fraction of your wealth to donate their own money to save said employer (unsuccessfully). Then when a similar/same shower of crooks and charlatans tries to relaunch your company/club your main concern seems to be that you are still earning nearly £1m to manage a 3rd division team?

We obviously can't blame McCoist for any of that!

I'm confused (maybe). Could TRIFC , the parent company, write off the debt owed by TRFC "the club", thereby avoiding admin?

Your institutional investors would be going ape shit in that scenario - They'd pretty much be on their own after that suicidal move.

Thread on RM squabbling about him ...

They really can't see the cheeky chappie for the money grabbing wee chancer that he is .. :blink:

Surprisingly the OP there makes the salient and oft forgotten point that Sally's share windfall alone, granted in exchange for duping the naive bearz over spivco, could make him a millionaire.

Don't forget his free five star family holidays on the Rangers Charity foundation either. He's milked the cow just as successfully as Chuckles IMO.

Your institutional investors would be going ape shit in that scenario - They'd pretty much be on their own after that suicidal move.

Agreed, but those investors would still have something instead of nothing. I really AM confused, sorry.

eta typo

AND, OK, they would have the assets, but we know they are only worth 5.5M. Well they were last time.

Edited by cyderspaceman

If someone offerred you £800k+ to (stutteringly) win SFL3 with an £8M player budget, exiting all 3 cups by QFs, you'd take it.

Winning a division (very much the main objective) by 24 points is stuttering?

If Ally had wanted easy money he would have stayed working on TV.

Agreed, but those investors would still have something instead of nothing. I really AM confused, sorry.

eta typo

It wouldn't be nothing though if TRFC could reach some form of agreement with RIFC over repayment or a transfer of assets.

Say something like leaseback of Ibrox and MP and/or a percentage of future ST income. :)

The spivs are surely still two or three steps ahead, a lot more blue pounds to be extracted yet I think.

Aye but you'd at least have the decency to pretend you had a brass neck at being overpaid once the accounts were released.

It wouldn't be nothing though if TRFC could reach some form of agreement with RIFC over repayment or a transfer of assets.

Say something like leaseback of Ibrox and MP and/or a percentage of future ST income. :)

The spivs are surely still two or three steps ahead, a lot more blue pounds to be extracted yet I think.

Has to be pretty close on whether these spivs have extracted as much piss as money from the Blue Gorps so far......

Swallow Swallow right enough.... :thumsup2

I can see your point, but remember McCoist claims he didn't know how much he was earning or how long the contract was for. someone put it in front on him and he just signed it without looking or asking any questions

If admin does happen for TRFC, then the group (RIFC) will be the majority creditor in the administration. I wouldn't be surprised at this point if they were the ONLY creditor.

OK, me again. The accounts were for TRIFC, the company, not the 'club', TRFC. Does the 'club' provide accounts separately? This clumpany thing does confuse me.

Edited by cyderspaceman

I can see your point, but remember McCoist claims he didn't know how much he was earning or how long the contract was for. someone put it in front on him and he just signed it without looking or asking any questions

Of course he did.

He's a truly-blue-die-hard-rangers-man.

He was doing it for loyalty to club and supporters.

(Edit: to add more bullshit)

OK, me again. The accounts were for TRIFC, the company, not the 'club', TRFC. Does the 'club' provide accounts separately? This clumpany thing does confuse me.

The accounts are for the group. They take into account all the companies 'controlled' by the parent (Over 50% shareholding for simplicity). Don't try to think of them as separate companies but rather as one large entity.

Winning a division (very much the main objective) by 24 points is stuttering?

If Ally had wanted easy money he would have stayed working on TV.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

And of course it was stuttering.

You failed to win 1/3 of your games despite spending sums which reduce the rest of the division to fractions of 1%.

You didn't even reach the Semi-Finals of the Challenge Cup. This season you didn't reach League Cup R2.

All despite spending millions per month, with presumably the best-renumerated manager in Scotland?

Whether or not you believe it's sustainable - how any Rangers fans can regard things as anything other than a gargantuan waste of money is beyond me.

Clubs like Livingston and QotS coasted divisions on a few hundred thousands. Rangers are burning tens of millions.

What happened to banking-up money in the lower-leagues to create a mighty "warchest"?

Aye but you'd at least have the decency to pretend you had a brass neck at being overpaid once the accounts were released.

Fair point..

Ah, of course :lol:.

Edited by HibeeJibee

Ally didn't negotiate anything. A contract was put in front of him and he signed it. All he wanted was to manage Rangers.

This is from the man himself, so unless you are going to start calling him a liar let's leave it...

to borrow your quote ...

some people have suggested mccoist is a liar ? who are these people?

BWM trying his line on RM as well;

Ibroxblue

Terry Butcher

• True Blue
  • star3.gif
  • 4,493 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:19 PM

If Ally was only interested in money he would have kept working on the telly.

:lol:

Why did Duff and Phelps not get rid of Sally and co on the first day of old Rangers administration? :huh:

Edited by AberdeenBud