Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Anyone know who the new chairman is?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24847851

From the Rangers announcement.

Somers is an Honours Economic Studies graduate and a qualified accountant (Fellow of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants). He spent all his career in Fund Management and in addition has considerable experience in matters of corporate governance. Mr Somers will oversee the current process of appointing a high calibre :unsure2: Chief Executive Officer and further independent non-executive director(s) to form a unified board :o and provide stability :lol: for Rangers. In order to allow time for the process outlined above to be progressed (??), the Company will hold its Annual General Meeting (“AGM”) on Thursday 19 December 2013 at Ibrox Stadium, 150 Edmiston Drive, Glasgow G51 2XD.

Mr Somers will, in accordance with Rangers’ Articles of Association, be subject to re-appointment by an ordinary resolution of the shareholders at the AGM. (Or perhaps not re-appointed)

Mr Somers is currently a

Non Executive Director of ACE Europe Life, part of the ACE Group of insurance and reinsurance companies;

Non-Executive Director and Chairman of Audit & Risk Committee of Europe Arab Bank;

Independent Trustee & Chairman of the Investment Sub Committee at Fujitsu Technologies International Pension Plan and,

Chairman of the Investment Committee at TCF Investment Managers Ltd.

Mr Somers is not currently beneficially interested in the issued share capital of the Company. (But maybe interested in the share price going up? An agreement to buy at some future date so many shares at today's price? What is his severance package if he gets bumped at the AGM?)

http://www.allenbridgeis.com/people/senior-advisers/david-somers

http://www.tcfinvestment.com/content/tcfinvestment (mmmmm Blue Knights or Marguerite Holdings connections? Who knows?)

He has and he does.

There's only one person dragging this out, Bendarroch. You.

I, and just about everybody on here, have stated their opinions on TRFS's feelings.

I have never seen his rationale for the way he feels, and frankly do not wish to discuss it on here. Evidently, it is an honest disclosure, and one he has not sought to minimise. (unlike some posters who have displayed controversial opinions or allegiances).

Only you feel the need to drag up what you believe to be "shameful" facets of other posters' personalities in order to deflect from the issues at hand, or to discredit their input. Playing the man, not the ball, as someone so eloquently put it.

I have a work colleague who is a dyed in the wool Tory. I find his political outlook offensive at times, and irrational at best, given his own place on the societal spectrum. He and I have similar tastes in books, music, and to an extent films. His right-wing politics don't impact on his appreciation of Jeffrey Deaver, Rush or Tarantino. He isn't the biggest Ken Loach fan, mind... ;)

In short, I despise the man's politics, but value his opinion on many other matters. Because human beings aren't one-dimensional. Can I assume you despise the works of Charles Dodgson and Benjamin Britten? Should Churchill's racism and drug addiction have precluded him from high office?

There's only one person dragging this out, Bendarroch. You.

I, and just about everybody on here, have stated their opinions on TRFS's feelings.

I have never seen his rationale for the way he feels, and frankly do not wish to discuss it on here. Evidently, it is an honest disclosure, and one he has not sought to minimise. (unlike some posters who have displayed controversial opinions or allegiances).

Only you feel the need to drag up what you believe to be "shameful" facets of other posters' personalities in order to deflect from the issues at hand, or to discredit their input. Playing the man, not the ball, as someone so eloquently put it.

I have a work colleague who is a dyed in the wool Tory. I find his political outlook offensive at times, and irrational at best, given his own place on the societal spectrum. He and I have similar tastes in books, music, and to an extent films. His right-wing politics don't impact on his appreciation of Jeffrey Deaver, Rush or Tarantino. He isn't the biggest Ken Loach fan, mind... ;)

In short, I despise the man's politics, but value his opinion on many other matters. Because human beings aren't one-dimensional. Can I assume you despise the works of Charles Dodgson and Benjamin Britten? Should Churchill's racism and drug addiction have precluded him from high office?

Carroll wasn't actually proved to be a paedophile was he? He was suspected and accused of it, especially with his friendship of Alice Liddell, but wasn't it thought later on that it was all exaggerated?

Sorry, that's a bit irrelevant and I like the rest of your post :-)

last 20 odd pages was a good wee read until bang! Sevco scum took it off topic as it was getting to close to the bone for some.

C'mon let's get back to ripping the pishe out this lot, surely popcorn sales will be going through the roof in the next month or two.

Carry on

Surely he's not a two faced mock offender. It's not often you see that in a sevconian. :rolleyes:

Says the man who farcically cried sexism for mentioning Haggerty's boot ugly coupon - because what's that got to do with her ability to do her job?

Not that it's ever stopped you rattling on about a 'corpulent' McCoist.

:lol:

Haggerty's face quite rightly has nothing to do with it.

As a manager McCoist is supposed to lead, inspire and command respect. Hard to achieve when he's a wee fat laughing stock.

Haggerty's face has as much to do with anything as McCoist's waistline and Lennon's car-crash of a face.

:: shrug ::

human beings aren't one-dimensional.

Really, WKR? After endless posts from you about knuckle draggers, morons and more you now want others to consider that people aren't mono-dimensional beings?

Away and take your hypocrisy for a shite along with your many other feces.

Says the man who farcically cried sexism for mentioning Haggerty's boot ugly coupon - because what's that got to do with her ability to do her job?

Not that it's ever stopped you rattling on about a 'corpulent' McCoist.

:lol:

Haggerty's face quite rightly has nothing to do with it.

As a manager McCoist is supposed to lead, inspire and command respect. Hard to achieve when he's a wee fat laughing stock.

Edit: I forgot it's easier to to achieve within the ranks of the gullible Orcs.

In true stupid Orc fashion, Bendarroch picks one of the few aspects of Sally's which actually does have a bearing on his ability to do the job he's (extremely well) paid for.

Bigotry, adultery, dog-whistling, money-grabbing and lack of understanding of the club's off-field shenanigans aside - and none of these would actually affect his job - surely the manager should show a better example to his players than to shop at Fat Boys Clobber, and have what would appear to be the same not-related-to-alcohol-not-at-all early-onset rosacea that has affected ferguson in later years. Seriously, the man was a professional athlete and is a year older than me. Now? I reckon I could give him ten yards start over a hundred - as long as there isn't a Gregg's at the finishing line. A fat mess, and a horrible human being to boot. Still, he's a legend, eh?

Really, WKR? After endless posts from you about knuckle draggers, morons and more you now want others to consider that people aren't mono-dimensional beings?

Away and take your hypocrisy for a shite along with your many other feces.

I said "people", Bendarroch, not "peepul".

Tell you what: if you start posting anything which isn't moronic, bigoted tripe, pathetic deflection, lies, abuse, or whataboutery - I'll maybe acknowledge you as worthy of membership of the same species as the rest of us. I honestly don't think you've got it in you, though.

Oh, and btw - that's either "faces", or "faeces".

I said "people", Bendarroch, not "peepul".

Tell you what: if you start posting anything which isn't moronic, bigoted tripe, pathetic deflection, lies, abuse, or whataboutery - I'll maybe acknowledge you as worthy of membership of the same species as the rest of us. I honestly don't think you've got it in you, though.

Oh, and btw - that's either "faces", or "faeces".

The guy who openly boasts about hating a football team for religious reasons cannot accuse others of posting "bigoted tripe".

Away and look for your missing tooth ya weirdo.

The guy who openly boasts about hating a football team for religious reasons cannot accuse others of posting "bigoted tripe".

Away and look for your missing tooth ya weirdo.

The word is "despise", Bennett. I despised rangers, and I despise their Tribute Act. I also despise those who act as apologists for them. I've experienced hatred and, indeed, violence from those who define themselves as fans of rangers.

I hate what rangers stand for, and what other organisations both within and outwith sport stand for - some sort of trumped up "superiority" over those who do not support whatever cause that organisation espouses, the duping of acolytes so that they will fund their leaders' lifestyles, and the vicarious validation of their followers' lives by association and opposition to a defined "other". *

Probably too nuanced for yourself. Maybe you could just let your nasty wee mate dig himself out of his own hole for a change.

*See also organised religion and party politics - also fringe groups such as EDL, NF, etc.

ETA: "openly boasts"? I don't see where expressing one's opinion (even when the hard-of-thinking miscomprehend) can be construed as "boasting", but I'll agree I've never been less than "open" on here. Unlike some of your fellow fans.

Edited by WhiteRoseKillie

Who was it who first mentioned Haggerty's looks, again?

And what has Lennon to do with this? You just can't help yourself, can you?

Me - I stated clearly that I thought Ms HND (Cardonald college no less) in journalism was a boot ugly minger.

Lennon's yellateef are every bit as relevant as McCoist waistline.