Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Time for Rangers fans to decide what they're after:

A club they can boast about, for it can stack up 20 straight wins or whatever it is,

OR

A club that doesn't wildly overspend and invite another insolvency.

They can't have both.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

A club they can boast about, for it can stack up 20 straight wins or whatever it is,

OR

They can't have both.

I suspect there won't be a unanimous decision either way.

The former will result in collapse and the latter will result in a shell of the club going forward minus the significant percentage of gloryhunters that make up the current support.

I'm delighted with either decision tbh.

OR

They can't have both.

I don't think we are wildly overspending on the playing side at the moment. We've not paid out a load of big fees and player wages are at a reasonable level compared to turnover (it's the money that's gone elsewhere that's been the problem).

The excesses elsewhere apart, your club did not need the level of players or wage bill incurred to win Div3; nor to win the current Div 1 ... the wages and fees could have been saved for future transfer fees or wages when it became necessary ...

Yes it was excessive spending as it was elsewhere ...

The IPO money should not have been squandered in any area ... but it has been ...

I really cannot fathom your desire (nor your fellow supporters) to defend these awful decisions ... honestly.

You miss the point, which was about what we're going to do in the future. I don't agree with suggestions that we'll need a lower level of spending than we have now on the playing side once we're in the "Premiership". Moreover, if we can increase turnover then we can afford to spend a bit more on playing staff. Though of course the finances must be kept under control - I'm not suggesting wild fees or salaries.

Again? They're only 18 months old.

Or is Gordon separating club and company too?

Ten years down the line it'll be like Triggers Broom - three new companies and two new clubs but still the same team, eh?

TriggersBroom.jpg

I don't think we are wildly overspending on the playing side at the moment. We've not paid out a load of big fees and player wages are at a reasonable level compared to turnover (it's the money that's gone elsewhere that's been the problem).

Your chairman has come out to say that the playing budget will be less when you make it back to the SPL than the current budget in league 2.

Clearly that's overspending that the further up you climb the lower the club is trying to reduce costs. Should have done that ages ago.

You miss the point, which was about what we're going to do in the future. I don't agree with suggestions that we'll need a lower level of spending than we have now on the playing side once we're in the "Premiership". Moreover, if we can increase turnover then we can afford to spend a bit more on playing staff. Though of course the finances must be kept under control - I'm not suggesting wild fees or salaries.

So you don't agree with your newly appointed Chief Exec Graham Wallace?

You miss the point, which was about what we're going to do in the future. I don't agree with suggestions that we'll need a lower level of spending than we have now on the playing side once we're in the "Premiership". Moreover, if we can increase turnover then we can afford to spend a bit more on playing staff to maintain the current level of losses. Though of course the finances must be kept under control - I'm not suggesting wild fees or salaries.

Sorted

You would need to increase turnover by £14m just to break even.

Would love to hear your suggestions on how to do this whilst maintaining or reducing current expenditure!

So despite the defiance and triumphalism you were listening to what we told you?

You have seen through the con?

You're not supporting the same club either and you know it but I suspect your admission of this will not come until your next emotion fuelled rant, when this club go into admin. May the next administrators do their jobs properly, I doubt you'll get Whyte's puppets into the job again.

Nope.

I saw through the con long before Administration/Liquidation and is exactly why one of my first posts on this thread said we deserved the SFL 3. I believe that post was made on February the 16th...2 days after that Shyster put us into Administration.

Of course i support the same club. You can argue all day long with Tedi and whoever over that nonsense but I use the same season ticket..sit in the same seat..surrounded by the same people..watching Rangers playing at Ibrox. If you want to tell yourself it is a new club you knock yourself out but you are fooling nobody but yourself

Nope.

I saw through the con long before Administration/Liquidation and is exactly why one of my first posts on this thread said we deserved the SFL 3. I believe that post was made on February the 16th...2 days after that Shyster put us into Administration.

Of course i support the same club. You can argue all day long with Tedi and whoever over that nonsense but I use the same season ticket..sit in the same seat..surrounded by the same people..watching Rangers playing at Ibrox. If you want to tell yourself it is a new club you knock yourself out but you are fooling nobody but yourself

I don't know any "club" that allows you to use the same ticket every year.