Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I don't know any "club" that allows you to use the same ticket every year.

Mate of mines gf works for Scottish Hydro and gets into the Hydro for gigs for with a special employee reduced rate ticket. The amazing thing is she uses the same ticket and sits with the same people at the same venue every time but - and you'll never believe this - it's not the same act every time. It's almost like those things No.8 listed were absolutely meaningless irrelevances.

No it is the same. We don't get a new one every year.

That's kinda how smartcard systems work.

Well if you're going to buy a smartcard system as part of the assets of a dead club you'd have to be more than a wee bit simple to not use it for your new club wouldn't you?

You would need to increase turnover by £14m just to break even.

Would love to hear your suggestions on how to do this whilst maintaining or reducing current expenditure!

Not if you also cut non-playing costs, which have been very substantial and some of which are of the one-off variety (and others of which should be of the one-off variety).

Edited by Bearwithme

Not if you also cut non-playing costs, which have been very substantial and some of which are of the one-off variety (and others of which should be of the one-off variety).

Your now valued for less than what the IPO raised a year ago, your running costs don't need cut they need slashed and burned whilst at the same time your revenue streams need to be increased dramatically and thats just to get to break even point. Your cost base is more akin to getting Champions League qualification cash year on year which is some way in the future.

How much an increase in season tickets would the support stomach, I reckon even a 200% increase wouldn't make a dent in getting you back on an even keel. You still require someone from somewhere to pump in a hell of a lot of cash in the knowledge that it won't be used to improve the club but to be used for day to day running.

Have never gone through the shock of my club being liquidated and starting a new, though can tell you from experience the pain from entering a second period of administration is even more gutting and wouldn't wish it on any group of football fans.

Expect the "journey must continue" type speeches and more consummate arse licking of the fan base.

One off costs are nowhere near £14m and there are potentially more to come in this years accounts (Mather, Imran Ahmed, Neil Alexander, possibly Stockbridge ). I agree there is non footballing excess which could be trimmed, but £14m worth?

Specifically, what non playing costs will be reduced? The BOD have just been given a considerable mandate from the shareholders to decide theirs and their auditors renumeration. Other fixed operational costs for running MP and ibrox can't be cut to any significant extent. The reality is that the playing squad, which is already the poorest Rangers squad since the early eighties is about to have its costs slashed.

How will this be reflected in supporter and sponsorship investment?

How will this impact on the journey?

Not easy in real world economics is it?

Time for Rangers fans to decide what they're after:

A club they can boast about, for it can stack up 20 straight wins or whatever it is,

OR

A club that doesn't wildly overspend and invite another insolvency.

They can't have both.

You have previously agreed with me that the playing staff's wages are not the problem, the problem is coming from management/boardroom and special one off/introduction fees and OTT loans etc.

TBF to No8 I have not read his comments on the forum and nor do I intend to .. but I accept his explanation that he gave and he has 'to my knowledge' apologised if it offended anyone (my memory ain't the best)

I honestly think that it should be dropped now and not used as a stick in every argument on the thread ..

That's Bennett's job ..... Play the ball ...not the man.

Fair play, in the interests of chruistmas and loving all men, i've deleted my post.... i'm happy to move on from it, if you and No8 are happy to delete the posts you quoted me in...

You have previously agreed with me that the playing staff's wages are not the problem, the problem is coming from management/boardroom and special one off/introduction fees and OTT loans etc.

The problem is that Rangers have never accepted the state that they allowed themselves to get into. Still thought that they were a major financial force. Any other club with their problems would have drastically cut wages, staff, got rid of expensive assets (Murray Park), and at least stopped booking 40 people into expensive hotels overnight when the away ground is probably only an hour away on the coach. They are going to wake up now that a sense of realism has hit them.

The problem is that Rangers have never accepted the state that they allowed themselves to get into. Still thought that they were a major financial force. Any other club with their problems would have drastically cut wages, staff, got rid of expensive assets (Murray Park), and at least stopped booking 40 people into expensive hotels overnight when the away ground is probably only an hour away on the coach. They are going to wake up now that a sense of realism has hit them.

Are they though?

The finances are still not great but still no sense of urgency even though the chairman was being as transparent as can be by telling the shareholders that the cost/wages was way too high.

So they are going to assess it over a period of time to see what they can cut, but in the time they are assessing areas to be cuts they are continuing to overspend! Mental.

I have my doubts!!

Did you read what i posted?

The problem is that money is being skimmed left, right and centre through various fees and bonuses, as well as OTT wages at boardroom/management level.

The playing staff wages are not the issue.

I'll believe it when we see it.

Fat Sally is probably booking the Old Course hotel as we speak.