Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Just as an amusing side ditty to all of this...

The Rangers (and even some Celtic) fans that are trotting out the "You can't do this. Scottish football needs the Old Firm. They need a competitive Rangers" etc etc... Is that the same line they were spewing when they both shoved on their lowest cut tops and favourite push-up bras in their numerous attempts to woo the EPL chairmen?

Anyone know how the appeal process works? For example will one or more of the SFA officials explain why the punishment was deemed appropriate to the panel before the Rangers representatives get their say? Also can the appeal panel increase the punishment?

The Rangers (and even some Celtic) fans that are trotting out the "You can't do this. Scottish football needs the Old Firm. They need a competitive Rangers" etc etc... Is that the same line they were spewing when they both shoved on their lowest cut tops and favourite push-up bras in their numerous attempts to woo the EPL chairmen?

Very good point.

FTOF

Let Rangers die

There's a big difference in still taking over clubs like dungdee and Livi after they have been penalised. They weren't even a little close to the shit rankgers are in, or the amount of debt they owe.

People with a couple of million spare could take over these clubs regardless of how they found themselves, but the amounts we are talking about for rankgers is silly money that no one is going to spend without wanting a major return on their investment.

You're quite correct, Livingston didn't have anywhere near the same size of debt as Rangers. What we did have though, was zero cash flow - the season had finished and when the administrator came in, he found that the club had absolutely no money at all. No function bookings, very little goodwill from the support since Massone had sucked the life out of it.

Now obviously Rangers have their well documented problems, but they still have a huge support, who are dense enough to be spending money on them just now, and will probably continue to do so whatever incarnation of Rangers exists in a few months.

On another point - all this laughing and pointing at Rangers Media is all well and good, and by Christ it's good - but I just wonder what the less cerebrally challenged Rangers supporters make of it. Threats to disrupt the cup final, demands for any bluenose be it fan or player to walk from the national team? Would the whole support really want those things? I'd wager that there must be some, who are pretty embarrassed by it.

And don't forget the media rushing to slavishly print the old firm claims that they would be warmly welcomed in England and needed to get access to the pots of cash in the EPL to fully flourish, suddenly the press can't print enough "Scotland needs a strong old firm".

From f**k the SFA

f**k the SFA! They are so gay... Day after day, wasting our fucking time! f**k them and that w****r Craig Whyte! (to the tune of penny arcade)

-Fraser

Quick someone better give this guy an Ivor Novello!

I read, somehow, that you started to mock but appeared to change tack halfway through, as you have done again. A freak run by one club basically means nothing when comparing standards.

Ok, I'll put it a bit more simply then. I don't think our league would drop to the levels of Welsh league or the Irish league if Rangers went to the wall - either in terms of finance or quality. The fanbases of clubs in Scotland is too great for that IMO. I made a quip about Shamrock Rovers outperforming Scottish teams in Europe this year (again, apart from Celtic's reprieve) which is simply a fact and intended to highlight that the Old Firm are maybe not as important as they believe themselves to be.

Anyway, it's not really that big a deal. We essentially agree. Maybe you've just not realised how big a club St Johnstone have become these days! :D

Just hypothetically if Rangers did refuse to allow to release players for the national team I reckon suspension from the Scottish Cup would be an appropriate punishment.

Given the likely state of their first team squad, I think a tickertape parade and a thank-you card would suffice.

Good point my Killie friend.