Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

"Indeed, McCoist is prepared to argue that he needs to spend more, rather than less, on his squad in order to ensure that he can guide them to the Premiership by the summer of 2015."

Aye good luck with that Sally.

Do you think McCoist is a bit thick? The obvious answer is yes, given such outpourings, but I don't actually mean it facetiously.

I've never imagined him to be a very clever man, but he's usually fairly articulate and quick witted enough to suggest he isn't stupid.

The more I hear though, I really wonder. I used to think he merely pleaded ignorance, but increasingly, he looks genuinely ignorant and stuck with a mind which isn't inquisitive enough to change things.

Views on McCoist please: A cynical dog whistler; or just a bit of a daftie?

Edited by Monkey Tennis

Do you think McCoist is a bit thick? The obvious answer is yes, given such outpourings, but I don't actually mean it facetiously.

I've never imagined him to be a very clever man, but he's usually fairly articulate and quick witted enough to suggest he isn't stupid.

The more I hear though, I really wonder. I used to think he merely pleaded ignorance, but increasingly, he looks genuinely ignorant and stuck with a mind which isn't inquisitive enough to change things.

Views on McCoist please: A cynical dog whistler; or just a bit of a daftie?

I always thought he must have some brains about him as he clearly figured out early on it would be very beneficial to latch onto Walter Smith and keep tight with him. However, the fact that he's bounced from being Craig Whyte's lapdog and mouthpiece to being Charles Green's and then Craig Mather's and so on suggests that he is a bit thick and lacks the common sense to question dodgy sounding things and just says whatever the person in charge tells him to say until they are exposed as a crook or a shyster. And at that point he moves and starts trotting out the party line of the next authority figure at Ibrox.

I always thought he must have some brains about him as he clearly figured out early on it would be very beneficial to latch onto Walter Smith and keep tight with him. However, the fact that he's bounced from being Craig Whyte's lapdog and mouthpiece to being Charles Green's and then Craig Mather's and so on suggests that he is a bit thick and lacks the common sense to question dodgy sounding things and just says whatever the person in charge tells him to say until they are exposed as a crook or a shyster. And at that point he moves and starts trotting out the party line of the next authority figure at Ibrox.

Is it not a bit more straightforward than that-keep saying what the boss wants you to say and you'll continue getting paid tens of thousands of pounds a month that you wouldn't possibly earn elsewhere for a job you're clearly not up to...

I always thought he must have some brains about him as he clearly figured out early on it would be very beneficial to latch onto Walter Smith and keep tight with him. However, the fact that he's bounced from being Craig Whyte's lapdog and mouthpiece to being Charles Green's and then Craig Mather's and so on suggests that he is a bit thick and lacks the common sense to question dodgy sounding things and just says whatever the person in charge tells him to say until they are exposed as a crook or a shyster. And at that point he moves and starts trotting out the party line of the next authority figure at Ibrox.

I think you'll find that McCoist has pocketed one of the highest paydays in this sorrid affair, what with wages and shares etc, he's also outlasted anyone else with his nose in the trough.

He's smarter than the average bear.

One of the most delicious and ironic aspects of this is that the best hope ra berzz have of having a team is to stick with the spivs.

The spipz are there to make money and will do their utmost to have some sort of team playing in Govan for as long as possible.

Once the spivs go it's hello hello to games against Benburb and St Anthonys. Come on Cotter!!!

McCoist has trousered an absolute fortune from a club in dire financial straits whilst still making it seem to every Rangers fan that he's one of them with only the club's interest at heart.