Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

It was Clyde. There was huge publicity about it and they released a stonking statement as to why. Falkirk voted FOR them to be put in division one along with QOS and some of their fans haven't forgotten about it. Ask Monkey Tennis, a Queens fan, who posts fairly regularly on here.

You do have a sense of humour afterall...

http://www.clydefc.co.uk/news/2012/06/30/4134/#.Uvc26WJ_u1U

Statement should be carved onto a granite monument and erected outside Hampden Park.

Whilst it was decent, I'm not so sure it deserves a permanent placement anywhere other than it's web page.

we will have to disagree for once......

:lol:

it's nice to look back at events with hindsight.......

25 of the 30 SFL clubs voted for Newco to SFL3.

I can't identify any single club who voted to totally exclude them......

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/18798033

Some of those comments are hilarious.

Noticed after 18 months of Orcs greeting about P&Ds posting on their match day threads, that they are all over the Celtic - Aberdeen thread.

I've never gret about the Ps&Ds on our match threads per se. I have though commented on 2 match-thread phenomena:

1. The Ps&Ds tend to trot out the same inane, regurgitated pap on the match threads as they do on every other Rangers-related thread on the board. It is very tedious. Friday was classic. A few of us wanted to discuss the game and to hear reports back from blokes (from both sides) who actually went to Ibrox but were drowned out by the, "Fat Sa££y is a w****r and what do you expect against a team of joiners and PE teachers" brigade.

2. The number of folk on a match thread is in inverse proportion to our success. As our goals go in the number of viewers decline. Aye, I know we're decent 'point and laugh' material but you know that these guys are motivated more by schadenfreude than football.

Also, the guy is "hamstrung" by a lot of the support who want "glory at all costs" and who do not want to face the cuts that are required.

You're at least 2 years out of date with that remark. OK so there are one or two who want a sugar daddy (Dave King?) to come to our rescue but the overwhelming majority want us to live or die by dint of our annual revenues.

What's more, our playing budget is about 30% of annual revenue - which is about the smallest in Scotland. Pretty-much every other club would want such a low salary ratio.

What we do want to know is:

1. What's the other 70% being spent on?

2. How was the £22 Million IPO spent?

3. Can we have a financial forecast for the rump of this season and for the next which shows income and outgoings?

Oh and anyone who says, "Aye but you still spend £50 a night on a 5 star hotel in Carnoustie and Fat Sa££y earns more than Croesus" is a ham-shanker.

I've never gret about the Ps&Ds on our match threads per se. I have though commented on 2 match-thread phenomena:

1. The Ps&Ds tend to trot out the same inane, regurgitated pap on the match threads as they do on every other Rangers-related thread on the board. It is very tedious. Friday was classic. A few of us wanted to discuss the game and to hear reports back from blokes (from both sides) who actually went to Ibrox but were drowned out by the, "Fat Sa££y is a w****r and what do you expect against a team of joiners and PE teachers" brigade.

2. The number of folk on a match thread is in inverse proportion to our success. As our goals go in the number of viewers decline. Aye, I know we're decent 'point and laugh' material but you know that these guys are motivated more by schadenfreude than football.

You're at least 2 years out of date with that remark. OK so there are one or two who want a sugar daddy (Dave King?) to come to our rescue but the overwhelming majority want us to live or die by dint of our annual revenues.

What's more, our playing budget is about 30% of annual revenue - which is about the smallest in Scotland. Pretty-much every other club would want such a low salary ratio.

What we do want to know is:

1. What's the other 70% being spent on?

2. How was the £22 Million IPO spent?

3. Can we have a financial forecast for the rump of this season and for the next which shows income and outgoings?

Oh and anyone who says, "Aye but you still spend £50 a night on a 5 star hotel in Carnoustie and Fat Sa££y earns more than Croesus" is a ham-shanker.

Is that "every other, Rangers thread" or "every, other Rangers thread"?

25 of the 30 SFL clubs voted for Newco to SFL3.

I can't identify any single club who voted to totally exclude them......

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/18798033

Had a good laugh at the Gers fan welcoming the lack of special treatment for them. Right! They were admitted after a vote off involving all clubs interested in joining the league :-)

I'm sure one of the club's chairmen announced they were voting no .... the other four abstained?

I'm absolutely certain it was reported as being Clyde, who said they were against.

ETA:- researched it and although there was a heavy suspicion of it having been Clyde, this has never been confirmed. Apparently it's still an unsolved mystery.

Edited by Apache Don

I'm absolutely certain, it was reported as being Clyde who said they were against.

ETA:- researched it and although there was a heavy suspicion of it having been Clyde, this has never been confirmed. Apparently it's still an unsolved mystery.

like where did all the IPO money go.......?

I'm absolutely certain it was reported as being Clyde, who said they were against.

"who are these people? I want to know who these people are." said Sally McMoist.

Since everyone appears to be of the opinion The Rangers have just been handed a bye to the semis and there really ought not to be any pressure on Rovers at all, could this tie turn out to be a wee bit nervy for them? Penalty kicks please. :)

ETA:- I've been thread hopping a bit today and am aware this should be in the cup section, sorry.

Edited by Apache Don

Richard MacMillan: "MallorcaSaint, Gers fans been propping up the SPL for too long. Not arrogance. Just plain fact. Let's see how u cope on ur own #bbcsportsound"

Hey Richard! How are we coping on our own? Tit.