Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

To be quite honest, I think what Dave King is suggesting, will accelerate any sale and leaseback arrangement for the remaining assets.

If there is a further funding gap and slow season ticket sales make that gap wider, then shareholders of TRIFC Plc would be mad not to protect their position (IMHO).

Yours

aDONis

FFS that has been posted several times on here Bennett .,.. It was revealed in his South African tax case that he received monies back.

I can't say that i've read that before, someone will have a link for it as google doesn't seem to have heard about it either.

To be quite honest, I think what Dave King is suggesting, will accelerate any sale and leaseback arrangement for the remaining assets.

If there is a further funding gap and slow season ticket sales make that gap wider, then shareholders of TRIFC Plc would be mad not to protect their position (IMHO).

Yours

aDONis

Keep giving them money then they'll keep on taking it --- simples.

They should have been starved of cash last season.

Aofjays will provide, he's not the type to make something up like that.

I have faith in him.

Your google-fu is weak old man.

http://www.bdlive.co.za/articles/2008/11/11/king-s-tax-assessment-valid---sars;jsessionid=2A37EE4240C538D120BEDE7A8F306FE8.present1.bdfm

ETA this is only about 12million at current exchange rate but definitely considerably more than "losing it all". It's almost like he thinks rangers fans are clueless idiots that will believe any old rubbish as long as he uses the right sound-bites. How on earth could he have got that impression do you think?

Edited by aofjays

Keep giving them money then they'll keep on taking it --- simples.

They should have been starved of cash last season.

Whilst I agree with what you are saying. If backed into a corner, then the outcome is more likely to be acrimonious.

The Spivs have separated the 'football club' aka the subsidiary from the 'non-trading' parent company already. If they move the assets, then they can sell the subsidiary knowing that whoever buys it, has little or no option other than to pay a rental for the stadium.

It's a dangerous game, is all I'm saying.

Yours

aDONis

Your google-fu is weak old man.

http://www.bdlive.co.za/articles/2008/11/11/king-s-tax-assessment-valid---sars;jsessionid=2A37EE4240C538D120BEDE7A8F306FE8.present1.bdfm

ETA this is only about 12million at current exchange rate but definitely considerably more than "losing it all". It's almost like he thinks rangers fans are clueless idiots that will believe any old rubbish as long as he uses the right sound-bites. How on earth could he have got that impression do you think?

Your initial figure was correct though, as at the time he received his kickback the exchange rate would've been a lot worse.

King upholding his hard earned reputation as the glib and shameless liar we've all come to know.

Unbelievable that most Bears still see this shyster as the saviour. :lol:

I find Kings statement bewildering and offensive. It's all well and good him talking about transparency, the need for investment, fan representation and a sustainable business model to prevent Celtic winning 10 in a row. But the reality of the situation is we have just pumped them. Twice. Home and away, back to back, in the league and in the cup, in rain and shine, midweek and at the weekend. The real question is how can the newbuns compete with the Famous.

In all seriousness, big question. Buy the current board castles in France with your season ticket money, or withhold it and kill your club. Again. Conundrum for ye, let me know how it makes you feel eh

Edit to make this make a bit more sense :)

Edited by williemillersmoustache

King is playing a clever hand, in my opinion. On one side you have the current CEO talking about financial prudence and 120 day reviews of the finances and publicly, having, to admit to "borrowing" money mid-season. On the other side, you have a guy with pots of cash talking about fan ownership and a return to the good old days.

I know which one the Rangers fans should bet on, but I also know which, the majority, will actually back

The orcs will fluff the balls of anyone who promises to spunk millions into the squad to stop ra Sellick attaining 10 in a row and the next season equalling their old incarnations top tier title horde. It isn't about Rangers anymore to them but more like "we must stop the mhanky mob equalling or beating our records".

Their obsession towards stopping another club being more successful than their previous incarnation is most definitely their Achilles heel and will eventually bring them down and kill any Rangers clubs chances of survival. They just can't see past supporting a squad on the park pumping everyone in sight and the though of a mediocre squad competing within their budget is just too much too bear and not worth supporting after over 20 years of financial domination over their opposition.

Which would seem to be Dave King's intention - I imagine that a club in administration would be cheaper to buy into than one that's just barely ticking over.

Funny that he's not saying this directly. If anything, it sounds like he wants to con Rangers fans into bankrupting the club again, so that he can save a few million. Assuming he has any intention of buying in, that is.

King is a business man first and acquiring a club in crisis and in administration with a very low share price is just begging for an aggressive takeover by some other entity, the question is will the assets be syphoned off through some dodgy financial method meaning the club will be nothing other than pieces of paper that say this is a club ? well according to the SFA nowadays that a club to them is handing out pieces of scrap paper belonging to another dead club to a brand new club but somehow it is still the same member club apparently to them ! :huh::lol:

Stopped reading King Dave's rallying war cry at:

If we cut our costs to suit our present income we will remain a small club and Celtic will shoot through 10 in a row - and beyond - while we slug it out for the minor places. That is not the Rangers that I grew up with and not the Rangers that we should be passing down to our children and grandchildren.

:barf:barf:barf