Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Dangerous Dave must be absolutely shiting it now, it looks like he might have to put serious cash in rather than just talk about it.

he won't, but. He'll put other folks's money in but not his own. I don't trust him at all. We're better off with Wallace . At least he tells the truth and is a bit more transparent despite the losses the decline is easing up a bit in my opinion.

he won't, but. He'll put other folks's money in but not his own. I don't trust him at all. We're better off with Wallace . At least he tells the truth and is a bit more transparent despite the losses the decline is easing up a bit in my opinion.

The Truth?? Remember he said there was no cash flow problem and Rangers did not need a cash injection...that truth?

:) , did you expect anything less you plonker ?, as for sensible ? Tedi ? :lol:

So why the return numbnut ?, any excuse was it to partake in some mudslinging towards anyone who is not of the blue persuasion and the King is returning and you can envision ra mighty Gers bulldozing all opposition into a pulp ?.

Christ almighty Hellbhoy. Give it a rest.

It's actually been alright having Ted back on here. As you may see, there's been some semblance of discussion in places. Then you come along with your latest brand of tiresome, unpleasant pish.

Cut it out.

Re the UoF statement, it ends with a reference to "Dave King' s offer of £30m". Has there ever really been such a thing though? He's talked of such sums being necessary, he's even said he'd be willing to plough money in for no return.

I'm not sure that anything he's said amounts to a firm offer though and even if it did, would you believe him?

FWIW, I can actually see the logic in attempting to withhold or divert ST money, given how poorly the fans have been served since Newco, by simply handing it over. The problem however is the jeopardy the club may be placed in by doing so. Throw in the fact that the champion of such a scheme is far from entirely stable or trustworthy, and you really do have a rock / hard place scenario.

Re the UoF statement, it ends with a reference to "Dave King' s offer of £30m". Has there ever really been such a thing though? He's talked of such sums being necessary, he's even said he'd be willing to plough money in for no return.

I'm not sure that anything he's said amounts to a firm offer though and even if it did, would you believe him?

FWIW, I can actually see the logic in attempting to withhold or divert ST money, given how poorly the fans have been served since Newco, by simply handing it over. The problem however is the jeopardy the club may be placed in by doing so. Throw in the fact that the champion of such a scheme is far from entirely stable or trustworthy, and you really do have a rock / hard place scenario.

That's it in a nutshell for me too.....

I prefer to call it a popcorn/popcorn scenario!

Is it really though? In the event of an administration won't King be able to pick to Club up for a song? {albeit possibly without the assets (Ibrox, Murray Park etc)}

His words were;

“I’ve lost £20m in Rangers already and I’m happy to lose another £30m as I love the team. I don’t want to be arrogant but it might be easier for me to lose £30m than it is for some fans to afford season tickets."

and

"But I would say I would probably have to put in £30m of the £50m over the period of time. And I could probably get other people to put in £20m."

and

‘Would I be willing to invest £30m despite what happened previously? Of course. Sure.’

Seems to be 'over a period of time' is the telling phrase.

Doesn't actually constitute an offer though does it? I wouldn't be taking that statement as Dave Kings' £30m sitting there ready to be invested tbh.

I think we could be heading for a Coventry scenario where one company owned the assets and another the club, they failed a a CVA because the largest creditor was the asset owner and were forced to go down the newco route and find another stadium.

The spivs may feel they have a stronger hand though for a few reasons (1) it appears that newco`s in Scotland can not simply carry on in the same division like Coventry and Ibrox is a huge part of Rangers and there are no near by stadiums that could be used.

That's how I'm reading it too.........could they not use Hampden in a worst case scenario?

Is it really though? In the event of an administration won't King be able to pick to Club up for a song? {albeit possibly without the assets (Ibrox, Murray Park etc)}

Even if king did pick up the "club for a song".

Who would he get to invest?

Another bunch of crooks/criminals/shysters just like him (tax dodging cronies)?

That's how I'm reading it too.........could they not use Hampden in a worst case scenario?

Would Rangers fans turn out at Hampden? Given a large element of them blame the SFA/SPFL for a lot of what has happened, would they swallow their pride and fund the national stadium?

They could but unfortunately many Rangers fans seem convinced the owner of that stadium is on the list of enemies, daft but there you go.

Should have refreshed to see that comment before adding mines!

They could but unfortunately many Rangers fans seem convinced the owner of that stadium is on the list of enemies, daft but there you go.

True....but surely by doing this (or even threatening to do so) would force the owners of Ibrox to do a deal......not as if it's a "multi use" venue.....

Even if king did pick up the "club for a song".

Who would he get to invest?

Another bunch of crooks/criminals/shysters just like him (tax dodging cronies)?

I understand that.....but call this old fashioned but King (& the supporters) run the Club within its means?

I know I know!......not really the Rangers way is it!

The assets are the "club" remember