Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Err............are you saying that Duff & Phelps weren't friendly ? :lol::lol:

Benny, your constant drivel is draining my faith in the human spirit. Please, post something that contains proof of a modicum of mental accuity or sign up to the CBeebies site.

:thumbsdown

Our old friend irony...

This all happened post admin, they were as powerless as Rangers fans pre-admin and did nothing.

This board have absolutely no intention of passing ownership to anyone other than themselves, I am sure if someone had a spare £70M then they may sell.

At this stage the best chance Rangers fans have is to force the BOD through starving of cash to hold an EGM that allows external investment through dilution of shares to the stage where they lose the majority of power, failing this the best option is to force administration and hope that they get friendly administrators, this was another advantage Hearts fans had.

I understand all that Tedi......but if, as looks likely, the Club is forced into Administration are the fans in a position to take control of the Club or are all their eggs in Dave King's basket?

If so, I'd be worried if I were a Rangers fan as he seems to want to follow the same tried & trusted failed business plan................at least Ann Budge/FoH were open and upfront about how our financial restraints will hamstring our Club for the foreseeable future.

Question. RFC (nearly in admin again) can't take credit card/DD payments due to lack of confidence from process suppliers, have to use cash. Surely King (Billy) would be in the same position for his "security" scheme?

And i thought that Claymores was a right bugger to figure out...

Can someone please answer a question for me.

If they limp along and go into Administration after the end of the current season, then have a CVA in place thus exiting Administrtion prior to the start of the new season can they still be penalised by means of a points deduction or other sanctions from the SPFL/SFA?

Thanks

you can't compare the two situations, utter mentalness from you.

On one hand you say "en mass" the fans have the power yet on the other you say you don't........simply using this as an excuse not to mobilise your support to form some sort of rescue plan WILL see you Club die.......and for good.

Question. RFC (nearly in admin again) can't take credit card/DD payments due to lack of confidence from process suppliers, have to use cash. Surely King (Billy) would be in the same position for his "security" scheme?

Dont think so. If I understood Kings plan, the money would be paid into a fund and the released to the club on a match by match basis (although how the fans ended up with a season ticket isnt clear)

If this happened and the club were to go under, the money in the fund would still be there and, more importantly, wouldnt be touchable by the administrators/creditors. Presumably, it would then be refunded back to the fans. From the credit card companies point of view, there isnt really any risk associated with that.

Unless my memory deceives me, our season ticket cash from last summer was ring-fenced in a separate account that was untouchable by BDO & was only available if/when we exited administration to be used as on-going working capital by the new owners. If we went into liquidation all monies would be refunded. We got that in writing.

Dont think so. If I understood Kings plan, the money would be paid into a fund and the released to the club on a match by match basis (although how the fans ended up with a season ticket isnt clear)

If this happened and the club were to go under, the money in the fund would still be there and, more importantly, wouldnt be touchable by the administrators/creditors. Presumably, it would then be refunded back to the fans. From the credit card companies point of view, there isnt really any risk associated with that.

In a statement from UOF, it was made clear that ''the money would not be drip fed on a game to game basis but paid to the club, as a lump sum once the club had met the condition of security as requested''. Game to game would be no use in terms of budgeting. TBF there are lots of reasons why this is a totally ridiculous scheme and therefor IMO a complete non-starter.

DK has only said he would invest if the money could not be found elsewhere...eg the fans

Many fans would be willing to fork out if there was a real chance of fan ownership, that does not exist at all presently or in the past.

It only existed with Hearts after BDO were appointed, Ann Budge / FoH did nothing prior to this.

I believe a plan was discussed prior to Administration but like you say nothing could be done until Administration actually happened...........You don't have to be a clairvoyant to see what is coming for Rangers. I'd suggest the Supporters groups start devising a plan.

PS - I take on board what you say about "for whom the Administrator has the best interests for" but leaving it to someone else won't help will it?

Since they've admitted they brought in players they can't afford, if Sevco go into admin the SPFL should have the balls to deny them promotion, otherwise you're saying financial doping is ok

NewRangers and OldRangers fans have made almost no attempt to buy some influence, why havn't they tried to organise and buy the Spivs out.

It seems to me, that for to many, it is all about the confrontation.

All the would-be suitors have tried to gain control, without putting their money where their mouths were (it is very seldom a winning formula).

Instead they've spent their time in a perma-rage at imagined enemies such as Turnbull Hutton, Stephen Thompson or the BBC (often at the behest of a supposedly despised spiv).

Oh they can organise, but not in a constructive way.

And so here we are, two massive loss making sets of accounts then another disasterous 120 day review, it's been circa two years in the making and the only thing they've organised is a boycott of Tannadice, for reasons unbeknown to them :).

Yours

aDONis