Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

For the so-called 'establishment club', Sevco are an embarrassment.

They are the footballing equivelant of some Tarquin Hooray Biscuit-Barrel, a pupil at Fettes College whose daddy has lost everything due to 'bad investments', standing at the school gates trying to cadge his lunch money from passers-by.

:(

i know darren mcgregor is on 3k a week as well added to that. but if the club can afford it?.

i don't think anyone on this thread knows the true gross income and spending at the club since there still is little transparency and to make matters worse on that subject it looks like jack irvine is back on the scene.

Was he ever really away ?

It appears a lot of fans are not renewing season tickets.

You can try and spin it however you like. It's a bit of a disaster for the clumpany

I'd say the 17,000 ST renewals is bad news for both the Club's BoD's & the Union of Fans in respect that the figure is too low for one party and too high for the other...........The money raised potentially doesn't get the Club over the line for the coming season but it's enough to prolong the current Boards stay for the Union of fans.

Stalemate continues.

Edited by sjc

I'd say the 17,000 ST renewals is bad news for both the Club's BoD's & the Union of Fans in respect that the figure is too low for one party and too high for the other...........The money raised potentially doesn't get the Club over the line for the coming season but it's enough to prolong the current Boards stay for the Union of fans.

Stalemate continues.

17k plus selling more shares limps them financially over the line - spivvy win

Edited by NotfromFifehonest

spin it by giving an impartial and logical reply. :lol:

season tickets go on public sale starting monday, lets see how many supporters buy over the next few weeks. I would guess added to the 17k it will be between 25 and 30k supporters

btw did anyone forget that the 17k was just renewals?

17k of 36k that renewed from the same period last year was it not?

wait and see.

tedi has said he thinks most fans will be buying on a game to game basis, which is the way i see it as well, so regardless of how many season tickets are sold most games ibrox will be more than 85% full.

That may be so but in doing this the Club will be restricted in terms of what it can invest in the team as funds are essentially being drip fed by the supporters.

How many of these are concession tickets and how many have only paid the first installment ... They better get a move on with the first phase of the share issue .... ;)

I'm sure they'll have the exact figures on KDS....

wait and see.

tedi has said he thinks most fans will be buying on a game to game basis, which is the way i see it as well, so regardless of how many season tickets are sold most games ibrox will be more than 85% full.

Not saying they definitely will, but will the place still be 85% full when you get pumped off hearts, hibs, and raith. One draw at home to Alloa and what will the gate receipts be like the next week?

Also it's a bit risky to bank on pay at the gate money when there is a full Friday night of beating your wife and drinking methelated spirits to get through before a game. Chances are a number of bears will have spent their giros and/or be detained pending a court appearance come 3pm Saturday.

Not saying they definitely will, but will the place still be 85% full when you get pumped off hearts, hibs, and raith. One draw at home to Alloa and what will the gate receipts be like the next week?

Also it's a bit risky to bank on pay at the gate money when there is a full Friday night of beating your wife and drinking methelated spirits to get through before a game. Chances are a number of bears will have spent their giros and/or be detained pending a court appearance come 3pm Saturday.

I think you'll find that the stereotype you have described - if it exists - never went to games anyway. I can't see Rangers getting pumped by anyone next season unless they get Celtic in a cup tie. Outwith Celtic none of the top league clubs will want to be drawn with any of Hearts, Hibs or Rangers in the cups next season IMO.

I'd particularly relish a Hearts V Aberdeen tie myself, knocking the big pretenders out in an early round would be so sweet. Looks like my first outing in Hearts' colours will be a close season testimonial V St Johnstone, that'll get me into the swing of it just fine. :)

What do you mean "your first outing in Hearts colours..."?

Have you only just discovered football ?

Are you a convert from American gridiron ?

:huh:

No but it is well documented on here, that I am a convert, which seems to make me a leper to some but I refuse to deny it. I could just close this account and start again but what's the point? I'm not ashamed of my decision.

Whilst the level of season ticket sales at this stage neither benefit the current board, nor the Union of King Dave, it's conceiveably the best possible situation for the spectating Diddies. I did fear that one way, or another, this whole saga would have played out by now, but here we are in June and it's still the best entertainment in world football. It really could go either way still. Popcorn producers must be having a bumper time of it!

My ideal senario would be for Sevco to limp through this season financially, failing yet again to win any cups, before finally being pumped in a league play-off with Hamilton. Finanical meltdown follows. King Dave buys the club out of admin for a £1 (which is frankly as much as he's willing, or capable of providing), the company do the leaseback and the team are destined to another year in the Championship after being docked the admin points.

If everything falls into place this thread will still be alive and kicking in 2017. We have a lot to look forward to.

Edited by Munter