Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

It was your wee "stand up for masel'" rangers poster on here who started this wee discussion. It was also him who introduced the "what about" element. Along with a shitload of assumptions and some quality back-pedalling when his anecdote didn't get the expected response.

The thing with stereotypes is that they do not develop spontaneously - as this particular poster showed with his original drunken insult and subsequent attempt to blame a team's fans with no evidence whatsoever.

Prejudice is to judge (judice) before (pre) evidence is presented. Not something I'm prone to. If you want to level that one at me, I'm afraid you'll be sadly wide of the mark.

I freely admit to being a pretty intolerant individual, but as I'm never going to change the world single-handedly, I find the adapted version of the serenity prayer pretty useful at times.

No bother wrk , I have apologised for claiming it be a hibs fan without the evidence although I am still guessing he was, as I said it did not bother me in the slightest and I found it a bit humorous.

So there is no sectarian problem to speak about yet there are literallt thousands of Old Firm supporters in the area.

Most of the OF fans down here, are attracted more by the weekly victories than anything else. Many are splendid fellows, but in terms of allegiance, they tend to divide along traditional religious lines.

Once more, of course the complexities of immigration patterns in certain parts of Scotland matter, but football has stoked what exists. Where sectarianism has traditionally had less of a foothold, it still does.

It's hardly a revelation.

Simple answer, their silence on the matter means they think it is perfectly ok to shout sectarian slurs at Rangers fans just because we are Rangers fans and deserve it, you must just take the abuse and carry on like it is perfectly ok.

I mean look at Mikey, spent the last few days blaming Rangers fans for all the sectarian hatred in Scotland, pulls across a video in some daft attempt to prove his point and the only sectarian thing on the video was hibs fans shouting 'Orange b*****ds"

:lol:

You should maybe have read a few more posts, Tedi. The really simple answer is that your wee buddy admits that he had no way of knowing whether these individuals were football fans, let alone which team they supported. And the number of posts since the one you've quoted are not what I'd call "silence" (at least in a forum sense).

How you get to the conclusion I've bolded in your post, I honestly don't know. Some kind of victim complex? Simple paranoia? I confess I cannot see anything since Forever Blue's initial Jackanory effort which would lead a sane individual to such a conclusion.

Nobody, nobody at all, has condoned sectarian abuse in this whole discussion.

It would appear, yet again, that you have Little Grasp of the context here.

That is what I have been arguin all along that yes the world is complicated and that religious bigotry would have existed and thrived in Glasgow without the use of Rangers and Celtic. Which people seem to use as a scapegoat as the thought of this wee country having a religious problem is a bit to unconfotarble for them to handle and therefor it is easy to throw the blame at rangers and celtics door rather than acknnowlege the actual situation

Rangers and Celtic were just excellent at what they did with sectarianism, it's this reputation which makes them the first name on everyone's mind when sectarianism is mentioned. You don't do the Dysoning, Hoovering is synonymous with vacuum cleaning but they are not the biggest or best now. Brand names get associated with certain characteristics, Rangers and Celtic brands are the best at Irish related sectarianism. Even Dundee Hibernian gave up on it.

No bother wrk , I have apologised for claiming it be a hibs fan without the evidence although I am still guessing he was, as I said it did not bother me in the slightest and I found it a bit humorous.

Fair enough. It's given some of your less well-adjusted fellow fans fuel for their own Bonfire of the Sanities, though. ;)

I was at Dens a few weeks ago, they were singing the same tune but this time it was arab blood, the majority were singing it, the Man city fans replied with their own version and again they were up to their knees in some groups blood.

I look forward to you condemning all these fans too.

Really? What an odd thing to look forward to.

Of course, I've no plans to condemn these songs.

They're attacks on football rivals, rather than attacks on people from a particular religious background. (And I do know what the f-word literally means by the way, just as I know that most of those singing it, don't)

Your attempts to equate the sentiments expressed in that song and those sung by Dundee or Man City fans does you no credit Ted.

That is what I have been arguin all along that yes the world is complicated and that religious bigotry would have existed and thrived in Glasgow without the use of Rangers and Celtic. Which people seem to use as a scapegoat as the thought of this wee country having a religious problem is a bit to unconfotarble for them to handle and therefor it is easy to throw the blame at rangers and celtics door rather than acknnowlege the actual situation

I have to argue that without the football connection the religious divide (properly, sectarian) would have withered and died. How many of the more hardcore arseholes on either side actually ever step inside a church when there isn't a christening, wedding or funeral on?

These cúnts don't have a religious bone in their body. What they have is a need to belong to a bigger group, and a fear and hatred of the "Other". Perfectly normal human emotions, which have been used to manipulate the masses (normally for profit or power) since time immemorial. For celtic/rangers, read Americans/brown people with beards*, Brits/Eastern Europeans, etc.

*Strangely, only a major issue since the fall of the USSR, and a stupider population needing a more obvious identifier than political views.

the funny thing is that since i posted my story , not one single person has condemned the actions of the hibs fans and instead put the blame solely at rangers and celtics door

Simply not true.

The little tit's actions have been condemned. I'm doing it again now. It's easy.

306264ca81514c18b9e07f22d4de5d3f_XL.jpg

This photie is begging to be 'shopped to death.

I predict it will become a Pn'B smash over the coming weeks.

I can't do Photoshop but Mark Dingwall's head should be in there and the blue card changed into a big cheque for £200K payable to "The Confirmed Bachelor Ltd."

You get the drift............................

Rangers Launch Club Membership

Written by Rangers Football Club

306264ca81514c18b9e07f22d4de5d3f_XL.jpg

MANAGER Ally McCoist and Captain Lee McCulloch joined a group of fans at Murray Park today (Tuesday 29, July 2014) to launch Rangers Club Membership – an initiative designed to bring supporters closer than ever to their Club.

As this is the inaugural season for Club Membership all supporters who join will become Founder Members including all season ticket holders, who will automatically receive complimentary Founder Membership.

Club Members will enjoy a series of exclusive benefits bringing them closer to the Club and the team as well as access to Member only events and promotions.

Membership will bring enhanced participation with the Club including the ability for Members to apply for a position on the Fans Board and to vote in the Fans Board elections; exclusive members only email in advance of every home game; Members only prize draws; behind the scenes experiences including Q&A sessions with the Manager/CEO/Players and a Members only training day at Ibrox.

Members will also have the chance to enjoy discounts across the Club including Matchday Hospitality, Ibrox Stadium Tours and non-matchday dining at the Argyle House Restaurant.

As a Rangers Junior Founder Member supporters will have the opportunity to be mascots at home games, have access to exclusive online content and competitions and will receive a Junior Founder Member only pack including a scarf, wristband, bag and stickers in addition to their Founder Member badge, certificate and card.

Season ticket holders can take up their benefits from today and their pack, which includes the Founder Member badge, certificate and card will be issued in the next 4-6 weeks.

Non season ticket holders can purchase Club Membership online at rangers.co.uk/membership priced £24.99 plus P&P* for adults and £14.99 plus P&P* for juniors. Members can benefit from the many benefits right away and Founder Member welcome packs will be posted within 4-6 weeks from purchase.

Ally McCoist commented: “This initiative is a fantastic way for our fans to get closer than ever to their Club. As Rangers Founder Members supporters can apply to join the Fans Board or vote in the upcoming Fans Board elections, have the opportunity to take part in exclusive Q&A sessions with the CEO and myself, attend a members only training session at Ibrox or have the chance of a behind the scenes tour of Murray Park.

“I am also delighted that all Rangers season ticket holders are being given Founder Member status automatically and will receive all the benefits associated with that. Our supporters have shown unbelievable passion, loyalty and commitment to Rangers, especially in the last few seasons, and I can’t thank them enough for their continued backing.

“I encourage all fans to become Founder Members of the Club, get even closer and take advantage of the exclusive range of benefits on offer. We are on our way back to the top of Scottish football and together the journey will be much easier.”

Lee McCulloch added: “The Rangers fans are the lifeblood of this great institution and initiatives like Club Membership are a key way to reward that incredible loyalty. Our supporters have backed the team in huge numbers at Ibrox and in away games in the past few seasons and I am sure they will get right behind us once again when the campaign begins.

“The players and management staff are all looking forward to the opening league game against Hearts where we will unfurl the League One flag and honour the late Sandy Jardine and I ask all Rangers fans to sign up for Club Membership and be part of this exciting initiative.”

Lee McCulloch is an official founder member of Rangers? That makes sense he was there at the start.

This photie is begging to be 'shopped to death.

I predict it will become a Pn'B smash over the coming weeks.

I can't do Photoshop but Mark Dingwall's head should be in there and the blue card changed into a big cheque for £200K payable to "The Confirmed Bachelor Ltd."

You get the drift............................

I thought it was photoshopped, no way would Rangers release a photo confirming they are a new club. Then the article does so, many times. Is this not a KDS special?

I thought it was photoshopped, no way would Rangers release a photo confirming they are a new club. Then the article does so, many times. Is this not a KDS special?

Whoever wrote that mince deserves to be garrotted. A horrible mess. If you were to remove all the boring repetition, the pathetic superlatives and the words member / membership, which are used interminably, you'd be left with about 4 sentences.

Just started sharing that photo, that admission of being a new club. Wonder if we could get it viral?

Whoever wrote that mince deserves to be garrotted. A horrible mess. If you were to remove all the boring repetition, the pathetic superlatives and the words member / membership, which are used interminably, you'd be left with about 4 sentences.

Yay, Jabba's back.

Jig, membership no 123456 ?

I know "wurlt woide" but over one hundred thousand members already and it's launch day?

I smell a rat..

Official founder member of Rangers.

It's a truly painful read.

Who in God's name wrote it?