Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I think you're first sentence is absolutely bang on the money ... no pun intended.

Theres a good chance their wouldnt have been any merchandise if it hadnt been for this deal. With no money to pay for stock and no credit terms available, how would the club have produced the merchandise themselves?

That doesnt stop them, then, looking at the T&Cs of the deal and going "Oh shit" at a later date. Or, maybe, it was all part of Greens cunning plan - get Ashley to stump up for the merchandise, and take on the risk, then when things picked up, weasle out of the deal and take on all the stock to sell themselves. Except Ashley was one step ahead.

Im not an expert in corporate law (certainly not in the same way you are an expert in the SPFL rules) but I dont see how this is possible. Surely, a contract with a company cannot survive if that company doesnt exist any more?

And even if they did break the contract by going into admin the question then becomes would the club survive? And in what capacity.

Can't see the fans being enthused to support if they collapsed again no matter how strongly they feel about the club.

A few years back a quid got you all of Rangers. Now it just gets you the naming rights. Instead of showing them with abuse, why aren't the Rangers fans praising Green, the Easdales, Wallace, Ahmed, Whyte and the rest of these upstanding guys for this remarkable turnaround in fortunes at the Sports Direct Arena?

Whytey buys the club for a pound, Cashley buys the name of the stadium for a pound. Jeez a pound goes a long way these days...lol. Long gone are the days when the Rangers fans were salivating over Moonbeams "for every fiver that lot spend, we will spend a tenner" Feckin hilarious!!

A few years back a quid got you all of Rangers. Now it just gets you the naming rights. Instead of showing them with abuse, why aren't the Rangers fans praising Green, the Easdales, Wallace, Ahmed, Whyte and the rest of these upstanding guys for this remarkable turnaround in fortunes at the Sports Direct Arena?

Have to admit, Sevco at the Sports Direct Arena has a nice wee ring to it...lol

Edited by Sting777

A lot of Rangers fans have already accepted that admin may well be inevitable, some believe it is our best shot at getting rid of the parasites, it really depends on which administrators are appointed by the court, fair and impartial like BDO or puppets like D & P.

Who is it that appoints the administrators?

The current board? Cause if so isn't this just going to be history repeating itself in where an insufficient board hires an insufficient administrator etc etc.

The thing about that article is they Keith Jackson doesn't actually ask any questions the fans want to know.

How bad is the current position?

Why didn't you try trim wage budget?

Sell players in transfer window etc.

What's the contingency if share issue fails?

It's all, you like mike but not Dave, why don't you like Dave?

Utter crap journalism.

Depends what you mean, liquidation, yes, they can basically be ripped up.

However I also believe that every contract would have a means to convert it to a cash value should the company wish to get out of it, in the event of administration then this could be done, the receiving company would then become a creditor and be able to vote in the CVA.

That would be my understanding too. However, the rumour is that the contract will survive liquidation

I'm no expert either .. but the 'brand image rights' to restart the 'company' as clone pretenders will mean everything .... without the badge the 'pretence' is over.

They can restart ... but will they be able to use 'brand image and crest' ... you really need to see the clauses in these onerous contracts.

I am merely speculating .... but the rumour that these contracts survive liquidation is out there, I cannot come up with anything else that may prevent them liquidating and 'cloning the club'.

So, Sports Direct retain the rights to the merchandise of the "Rangers" brand, irrespective of which company owns and trades under it? Interesting

A lot of Rangers fans have already accepted that admin may well be inevitable, some believe it is our best shot at getting rid of the parasites, it really depends on which administrators are appointed by the court, fair and impartial like BDO or puppets like D & P.

Haudit and Daudit did a fine job, you couldn't see by them for admin 2 tbh.

The thing about that article is they Keith Jackson doesn't actually ask any questions the fans want to know.

How bad is the current position?

Why didn't you try trim wage budget?

Sell players in transfer window etc.

What's the contingency if share issue fails?

It's all, you like mike but not Dave, why don't you like Dave?

Utter crap journalism.

jackson is an arse of a journalist , his credibilty was lost after the "wealth of the radar" article and he has been trying to regain his reputation ever since, as he will always be known as the guy who done tha craig whyte article.

The courts appoint administrators after they receive a petition to do so, the company can put forward a preferred administrator but the court can ignore this and appoint who they want if they feel it is in the best interest of the creditors.

Spot on, probably got a better chance of decent ones being appointed if one of the creditors pushes sevco into admin than if the board do it themselves.

Can the clause not simply be that if the company/club fails to fulfill the terms of the contract the brand and image rights transfer to them ... I'm sure Ashley was smart enough to ensure the contract included the company that owned these rights.

Whatever it is it will be aired with the dirty laundry coming out of Ayebrokes in the coming months.

Yes, that sounds possible too. However, that would be beyond the realms of "unfavourable" contracts and well into the area of "what the fcuk were you thinking".

Although, that could explain why they were, subsequently, so keen to renege on the deal.

I thought it was the stadium naming rights that had been rumoured to have been sold? Daily record and Daily express.

Can you point me to the source of the rumours that the brand and image rights for Rangers have been sold too?

No. As far as I know, there are no sources just rumours. Its not about them being sold, its a theory on how the Sports Direct contracts could survive liquidation of the current company.

Its not related to todays "announcement" about the naming rights, other than it involves Ashley

The courts appoint administrators after they receive a petition to do so, the company can put forward a preferred administrator but the court can ignore this and appoint who they want if they feel it is in the best interest of the creditors.

D&P were certainly not in the creditors best interest in February 2012.

Allowing the overnight hotel stays for games a few miles away and not sacking a single high earner like happens at every other club. Amazing stuff.

On here?

from who? you must surely know or why mention them?

The rumours about the stadium naming rights might well be true, they are being mentioned in more than 1 newspaper, however I have not heard anything about 'brand and image' rights until the last few pages.

There have been rumours going around for a while that Ashleys Sports Direct contract would "survive liquidation". I dont remember who first mentioned them but they have been mentioned several times, again mainly - possibly only - on here.

There are no rumours about brand and image rights. That is pure speculation as to how a contract might "survive" in the event of the company being liquidated.

I must admit, I think this notion that there are contracts that survive liquidation are wishful thinking in the extreme.

Contracts are agreements between two or more legal personalities (corporate or private individuals). The notion that they are transferable to a third party by default is fanciful (even TUPE law doesn't go that far).

Now, had NewRangers SOLD it's brand (not just rights to use the brand) to Sports Direct, then that would be a different kettle of fish, but I don't think anyone believes that NewRangers are using the brand under licence.

Yours

aDONis

Speculation by who?

What? Are you being deliberately obtuse?

I must admit, I think this notion that there are contracts that survive liquidation are wishful thinking in the extreme.

Contracts are agreements between two or more legal personalities (corporate or private individuals). The notion that they are transferable to a third party by default is fanciful (even TUPE law doesn't go that far).

Now, had NewRangers SOLD it's brand (not just rights to use the brand) to Sports Direct, then that would be a different kettle of fish, but I don't think anyone believes that NewRangers are using the brand under licence.

Yours

aDONis

Again, I would tend to agree. However, is it possible that a clause in the current contract states the brand rights transfer to Ashely on an insolvency event?