Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Oh dear...I just read the McCoist article...Where is the face palm gif.?

WTF was he thinking about??? Rangers , Celtic,Gretna,Thrid Lanark...whoever should never be classed as a special case. I honestly cannot believe McCoist has said that in public even if he was deluded enough to think it in private. Taking a selfish view i doubt it will do our appeal hopes much good :rolleyes:

as for rangers fans claiming celtic and the rest need a strong rangers or the league will be meaningless they should recall their so called greatest period (the 9iar era) when the hoovered up silverware for fun came when celtic where financialy on their knees .

and during that period celtic where finishing 5th and forth in the league and it was aberdeen and motherwell who were rangers main challengers.

yet according to rangers fans that was rangers greatest era and that team are legends.

but now a weak rangers will be the end of scottish football!"...

die already.

WTF was he thinking about??? Rangers , Celtic,Gretna,Thrid Lanark...whoever should never be classed as a special case. I honestly cannot believe McCoist has said that in public even if he was deluded enough to think it in private. Taking a selfish view i doubt it will do our appeal hopes much good :rolleyes:

These comments should not have any effect on the appeal since they are only the words of one RFC individual. Totally unconnected with the view or actions of the club, of course. :rolleyes:

I look forward to the last game of the season (St. Johnstone v Rangers) which will mark the event of Rangers' passing. This will be a day remembered by many. I have decided to christen it 'Ice Cream Sunday', and I hope that it will henceforth be referred to by this name.

Comparing Rangers wrongdoings to Sean Connery commiting Mass Murder. :rolleyes:

Comparing the mismangement of a football club to the Captain of a ships whose errors led to the deaths of 50 passengers :rolleyes:

Aother Journalist still bleating on about '20 years of cheating'...This hearing was solely to do with the time Whyte has been in charge. The double contracts issue has still to be addressed. :rolleyes:

In short it was absolute nonsense even by his own low standards. :rolleyes:

if you read it again,he says after the ship hit rocks,he didnt say he hit the rocks.

the point being the captain deserted a sinking ship ( fvckin rat)

I don't think he was deluded in thinking that is how the Scottish game operates but he was truly clueless if he doesn't grasp that a setup like that can only keep going if the double standard remains an unacknowledged truth known to many but never openly stated. As an example the heated balls used in cup draws to keep the Old Firm apart had to stop when knowledge of it became widespread and people started to talk about it openly because to continue at that point would have removed all credibility from the competition.

For anyone like me who's confused by all the financial mumbo jumbo, this is worth a read.

A couple of excerpts:

"Even a bid for £33 million (three times the last Miller bid) would only satisfy the amount CW is owed and the debts to other football clubs".

That seems to assume the football creditors rule applies, which is not the case in Scotland.

As for Whyte's security, what is the value of it? Could it in the end be valued at the £1 he paid for the club?

Edited by Bearwithme

they have become they boy that owes the football. He wants to pick the best team for himself, and get the decisions his way, and if he doesnt he will pick up his ball and go home. So no one challenges him on it. But all it needs is for him to one day pick up his ball and storm off and for the rest of the lads to have brought a £1 each (irony hehe) and to all chip in, go to the sports shop (ideally, irony again, JJB) and buy a ball. When the spoiled wee brat comes back and wants a game, we just leave him standing on the touchline as he tries and pallies up to everyone so he can play, but in the end it leaves him trying to do keepy-uppies amongst the dog turds on his own.

Spot on

One thing that strikes me about the way the Rangers fans are behaving is that they are no different from the way that fans of other clubs behaved when their clubs were in similar positions.

Just look at the Dundee fans last season, blaming the people in charge of their club, talking about boycotts, etc.

Look at the way the Motherwell fans have behaved. The way the Morton fans turned on Hugh Scott, etc, etc.

Fans of all clubs seem incapable of accepting when their own club is in the wrong.

Edited by Captain_Sensible

One excellent point Tam made in midweek - Why did Rangers feel it necessary for an overnight stay in a top Edinburgh hotel before their game with Hearts, which wasn't even an early kick off? Who paid for it?

That point was made on this thread a few days earlier. So when you're reading this thread looking for new material: Hiya Tam, hiya pal!

With any luck he'll be pulling up Billy Dodds for his Dundee/Rangers hypocrisy, when it comes to supporting clubs going through an administration process entirely of their own doing. Which was also mentioned on this thread a good few days ago.

Apologies if someone's already posted along these lines (and with a bit more info than I have) but I've been looking at the timing of a possible AVC. Right now, Rangers debts total around £60M the £55M that Haudit & Daudit published earlier plus the £4M for the Wee Tax Case. Since 75%of creditors need to agree to the terms of an AVC, I assume that HMRC plus Ticketus control that decision between them. No other sensible split of the creditors adds up to 75%.

If H&D wait until the Big Tax Case decision comes in (pre-appeal), that takes the total debt up to around £135M and HMRC (£93M) just about hold the deciding votes all on their lonesome.

In either case, will HMRC settle for 4p or 10p in the pound when they can wind the company up and get 50p or 60p in the pound? I can almost imagine Hector agreeing to an AVC now if he thought there was a chance of significantly more tax from Rangers in the future (jam tomorrow) but Rangers aren't going to be a financial powerhousefor years, possibly decades, to come - so that's not going to happen.

They're fooked.

Edited by The DA

http://blogs.dailyrecord.co.uk/tamcowan/2012/04/why-all-the-fuss-over-signing.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheDailyRecord%2FTamCowan+%28The+Daily+Record+-+Tam+Cowan%29

Good blog from Tam, telling it like it really is.

http://leggoland2.blogspot.fr/

As for Leggy, that bit about Drysdale was posted word for word on RM yesterday by "Boss". Are Leggy and Boss one and the same? We, as Scottish fans, have the right to know! No secrecy, Leggy; journalists don't do secrecy!

Morning gentlemen. Apart from the million h*n march to Hampden, what other deadlines/bids/conspiracy theories do we have to look forward to today ?

Have a look at todays sun (their are plenty links 2 pages back) and prepare yourself for the rage that will consume your body.

Not they have go it in for Raith Rovers. :rolleyes:

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=218435

Following my article* on Drysdale's ostensible unfitness to sit in judgement on the SFA Tribunal that apparently sought to destroy our club, I have received the following silver bullet which destroys any remaining sense of justice in that abhorrent decision.

You should be aware that such revelations would ordinarily have required hours of painstaking and costly research. However in this instance I merely received an email from an indubitable acquintance to whom I am now indebted to the tune of one large Talisker. I thank ye, old master, for exercising remarkably perspicacious judgement in conveying this titbit; it deserves the widest audience.

I am informed that Raith Rovers last month received £70,000 from one rich benefactor in order to pay their wages. In the absence of that injection, the spectre of Administration was writ large, allegedly. Drysdale would, ipso facto, have been debarred from s(h)itting on high. And there would have been no more dancing in the streets of Raith. If this is untrue in any material respect, RM will of course give Raith Rovers a platform to publish clarification on the extent of their financial woes.

Who'd have thunk it? A director of a venerable, old football club with a history of over 100 years in the Scottish game and sitting on the precipice of extinction, sitting in judgement of a venerable, old football club with a history of over 100 years in the Scottish game and sitting on the precipice of extinction.

Only in Regan's super-duper, brand new and transparent SFA.

*Leggat is welcome to also plagiarise this article, however he may first require to dust down his trusty Johnson's

Just looks to me they are yet again trying to blame everyone else for the mess apart from Rangers or the fans dry.gif

As has been mentioned before, empires come and go. I'm sure the Romans never for a second imagined they would fall, or for that matter the British empire, etc, etc, etc. But they have. America maybe THE superpower right now, but in a few hundred years will that still be the case. Maybe, maybe not.

Look at clubs such as Nottingham Forest, Leeds, Aberdeen, Dundee Utd, etc. Massive clubs in their respective leagues and europe in the 70s and 80s but nowadays barely get a mention in world football.

My point is no other club outside the OF has won the league for over 27 years. Yet we are being told that we cant change things as it will be bad for scottish football. So do we just let these 2 win the league for the next 1000 years?

Ahhhh but its the same in the EPL, Germany, France, Spain, Italy we keep being told. Maybe to an extent, but any of these other leagues produce teams that would hammer any of our offerings. If the OF did bugger off to the EPL, what would the standard of the SPL be? 1st/2nd division of england?

This is how many different teams have won their respective league titles since Aberdeen won the SPL..........

Spain - 4

Germany - 7

Italy - 7

England - 8

France - 9

Holland 4

What is the point of playing the game in the SPL if you have no chance of gaining anything other than not being relegated because the rules are changed to keep the two strongest clubs on top.

Another analogy to go by is the Belgian League. The most successful club is Anderlecht, yet season after season they don't get the biggest gates - that honour goes to Standard Liege and FC Bruges.

It doesn't take too much research to discover why. Their spread of trophies since Aberdeen last won the Scottish league, despite the power of their big three, it goes like this:

Anderlecht - 13 Leagues,

FC Bruges - 7 Leagues,

Genk - 3 Leagues (had never won league previously, nor under previous incarnations Waterschei or Winterslag)

Standard Liege - 2 Leagues

Mechelen - 1 League (first time in 41 years)

Lierse - 1 League (first time in 37 years)

In the Belgian Cup, it's even more fluid.

FC Bruges - 6

Anderlecht - 4

Genk - 3

Germinal Beerschot - 2

Standard Liege - 2

Ghent - 1

Antwerp - 1 (first time in 37 years)

Circle Bruges - 1 (first time in 58 years)

Lierse - 1 (first time in 30 years)

Westerlo - 1 (first time in history)

Louviéroise - 1 (first time in history)

FC Liege - 1 (first time in history)

Zulte Waregem - 1 (first time in history)

Mechelen - 1 (first time in history and went on to win European Cup-Winners Cup)

Result - more exciting domestic competitions (loony Belgian FA initiatives aside) and more fan interest because there's a realistic chance for fans that this could be their club's "year" and it's not simply confined to two or three sides.

How do ours read in the days since Aberdeen last won the league? Old Firm have won the lot, and the Cup has only been won since 1984-85 by eight out of 26 occasions by a non-Old Firm side, six of those being Old Firm free finals.

Aberdeen

St Mirren

Motherwell

Dundee United (twice)

Kilmarnock

Hearts (twice)

And then they wonder why clubs stagnate when their realistic chances of winning a domestic trophy all season all boil down to the hope that both the Old Firm get knocked out of the Scottish Cup as soon as possible?

Edited by WaffenThinMint