Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

If they hadn't behaved, in the main, like such stupid, petulant, aggressive children, they'd deserve some sympathy.

Again with your revisionism it was Scottish football fans egged on by bloggers who behaved like aggressive, petulant, stupid children.

Show some humility.

Edited by bennett

Look how daft your arguments are getting here, Benny.

Obviously, it's true that nobody "can say that liquidation would have happened if there was no fraudulent activities from Whyte and friends".

It's also equally true that "nobody can say that liquidation would have happened" if Souness had bought Rangers in a consortium with Godzilla, because Godzilla might have frozen the wage bill with his icy nuclear breath.

Perhaps it's true that a hypothetical owner (x) would've run Rangers better than Whyte, just as it's true that Godzilla might have convinced HMRC to drop the tax cases by taking a big radioactive shit on their headquarters.

But there was no hypothetical owner (x), because the club was an utter basket case. And it's impossible to deny that Rangers were an utter basket case, only one minor crisis away from liquidation, because one minor crisis was more than enough to bring the liquidators in.

Wow that was well thought out.

I see that the new bandwagon which will be repeated until the masses take it as gospel will be this basket case rubbish and it would have happened anyway.

Edited by bennett

I think Rangers were indeed something of a basket case before Whyte came aboard. That's why the bank had seized a chunk of control. I think it's possible that admin may have happened at some point anyway, especially given that McCoist was by then in place.

I don't think it would have happened when it did however, and I do think that any later admin could have been emerged from and liquidation avoided. I would also admit that Whyte would never have got anywhere near the club, were it not for the hovering BTC.

However, for me, this just makes it better. The EBT scheme was immoral and it's entirely fitting that it's what brought a shit like Whyte into the picture.

Rangers have been the victim of crooked behaviour and I doubt if their fans could have done much to prevent it.

If they hadn't behaved, in the main, like such stupid, petulant, aggressive children, they'd deserve some sympathy.

Again with your revisionism it was Scottish football fans egged on by bloggers who behaved like aggressive, petulant, stupid children.

Show some humility.

And as if by magic, along comes a stupid, petulant, aggressive moron with the reasoning skills of a particularly dim child.

Vicky - the scumbag's scumbag.

Show some humility.

What should these blogger-egged Scottish football fans have done instead of urging their clubs to adhere to the rules, Benny?

No evasions here, please.

Wow that was well thought out.

I see that the new bandwagon which will be repeated until the masses take it as gospel will be this basket case rubbish and it would have happened anyway.

If that's a bandwagon, it's got better wheels than the "victims" vehicle you lot have been whining about.

Again with your revisionism it was Scottish football fans egged on by bloggers who behaved like aggressive, petulant, stupid children.Show some humility.

Don't be daft Bennett.

There were of course plenty of good examples of aggressive, petulant, stupid behaviour from Rangers fans during this elongated episode, but the very best was the attack on the BBC for blowing a whistle on the guy you now all want behind bars.

Fans of other clubs objected to one club being treated blatantly in ways that others certainly wouldn't be.

Of course, you know this.

. Fans of other clubs objected to one club being treated blatantly in ways that others certainly wouldn't be. Of course, you know this.

Fans of other clubs had already branded Rangers guilty, thanks to the word of a discredited blogger and through intimidation and bully boy tactics demanding that Rangers be made to pay for their crimes and pay heavily.

Through misinformation and downright lies Scottish football fans behaved disgracefully.

Rangers should have been treated fairly and received a fair hearing rather than the predetermined shams that we had to endure.

Now that the Ashley wheels are in motion, we are seeing the results with 10 people being sacked.

Many on here seem preoccupied about who said what to whom on P&B in the past. Who cares? The most important stage for Rangers is the future and what will happen over the next year.

Ashley will bail out Rangers to ensure the wages are paid. He will do it a few times during this season. Every time he puts in, he will get more control by return.

First stage is to trim the bloated staffing levels. He has started with 'backroom' staff. Some on here suggested other staff should give up part of their wages to ensure these 10 did not lose their jobs. No way. This is more than Ashley getting those 10 out the door. It is making sure every other employee knows they are at risk. Trying the argument "but I am a legend at Ibrox" won't cut any ice, especially if you aren't delivering value.

So month by month we will see Ashley tighten his grip on the club. At last some hard nosed business decisions, just showing what a bunch of wasters have sat in the boardroom until now.

Just in case anyone has a soft spot for David Murray and sees him as a victim in all this either from Lloyds or Craig Whyte, I would suggest they read this. http://tinyurl.com/pzfownh

Unfortunately Murray's business methods were not well respected by the business community before he ever came near Rangers. This article merely confirms one experience.

Edited by thelegendthatis

Fans of other clubs had already branded Rangers guilty, thanks to the word of a discredited blogger and through intimidation and bully boy tactics demanding that Rangers be made to pay for their crimes and pay heavily.

Through misinformation and downright lies Scottish football fans behaved disgracefully.

Rangers should have been treated fairly and received a fair hearing rather than the predetermined shams that we had to endure.

Forget some guy with a website, hard as you seem to find it.

What, in your opinion, should fans of other Scottish clubs have done, other than insist that their clubs follow the rules?

You seem to be trying to say that it was unfair that Rangers were branded as guilty. I think you are totally wrong. They were guilty and still are. But moving in the right direction.

Looking at those who sat in the boardroom since Murray came on board, who amongst them all was actually innocent?

Some were genuine crooks, some dodgy and lined their pockets big time, and then others who were so stupid they gave their public approval to the shysters therefore endorsing them in the eyes of the fans. You can put John Greig, Sandy Jardine, Gordon Smith in that bracket, but they would have been well rewarded at the time.Walter also but his pockets led his loyalty. You can't beat a good lump sum when you retire. :rolleyes:

Out of the lot, it embarrasses me to suggest that John Brown was one of the very few to display any real honesty and commitment to the club. Shame he comes across as totally mad.

2. Politically correct arseholes banging on about the racist, homophobic, abusive crowds. It used to be the working class's weekly catharsis. Abuse anyone and evryone, then come out cleansed for the working week. Now it's a forum for middle-class wankers to show how right-on they are. Taken to the logical conclusion, we should ban Internationals - though that might not be a bad idea at the moment.....

Abuse anyone and everyone, quite a statement to make; especially when said person spends most of his time being offended by everything and anything.

Forget some guy with a website, hard as you seem to find it.

What, in your opinion, should fans of other Scottish clubs have done, other than insist that their clubs follow the rules?

I don't see how can you forget "some guy with a website" especially when that guy had most of scottish football frothing at the mouth and taking his every blog as being gospel.

Now it was pointed out to Scottish football fans to wait and until the various hearings and investigations were completed before they dished out their brand of justice but no they had to have their pound of flesh.

Now, even you don't believe that rubbish.

Nothing about the fact that Newco Rangers should not have been allowed to join the top flight or the second one, owed anything at all to the work of bloggers. It's simply fair that they shouldn't have been admitted at such elevated levels.

Rangers were liquidated. That's the telling fact that meant they shouldn't have been - and thankfully weren't - allowed to re-form and carry on in the same place as if nothing had happened.

If it took pressure from fans of other clubs to ensure that justice was done, then that's quite uplifting.

I don't see how can you forget "some guy with a website" especially when that guy had most of scottish football frothing at the mouth and taking his every blog as being gospel.

Now it was pointed out to Scottish football fans to wait and until the various hearings and investigations were completed before they dished out their brand of justice but no they had to have their pound of flesh.

Which outcomes from hearings and investigations have meant, or could mean, that the 'brand of justice' delivered, was unjust?

No matter how many people read or believed what was on some guy's website, he was still just some guy with a website.

Can you tell me in what way did Scottish football fans "dish out their brand of justice" and get "their pound of flesh"?

And for the third time, what exactly should Scottish football fans have done, apart from insisting that their clubs adhere to the rules of the game?

Edited by flyingrodent