Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

@BBC Sport learns that "Ally knows where ALL the bodies are buried and who said what to whom and when and therefore will be at the helm of the holed-under-the-waterline ship SevcoRangers2012 for the forseeable future."

Huzzah! Let the Diddies rejoice !

8)

I think if this is true about manager number 13, then it sets things up nicely for Ashley. He will not be in the least concerned about the past indiscretions and dodgy dealings. So Ally can shout all he wants.

The board (meaning the chairman, the bus boys etc) are losing credibility by doing nothing about the state of Rangers football. They just seem clueless both in financial planning and control and making tough decisions. They will want to save their faces and Ashley can help them.

With cost cutting in mind he should tell Ally to get shot of say a dozen players from the squad. You know the ones we never see, plus some of the highest paid.

Then dump McDowall and Durrant. This would isolate Ally nicely. Leave him on his own for a few weeks then bring in a decent coach that is not of Ally's choosing. Ideally someone with a strong personality and thinks Ally is a dick and won't pay any attention to his legend status. Plenty to choose from but is this the ideal gig for Roy Keane? :o:guns

The more Ally keeps serving up a rubbish team, and the board are paralysed and incapable of making any decision, the greater the opportunities for Ashley to sweep the lot out the door. At a time of his choosing.

So come on Mike, take your time, but just get it right. :thumsup2

I think if this is true about manager number 13, then it sets things up nicely for Ashley. He will not be in the least concerned about the past indiscretions and dodgy dealings. So Ally can shout all he wants.

The board (meaning the chairman, the bus boys etc) are losing credibility by doing nothing about the state of Rangers football. They just seem clueless both in financial planning and control and making tough decisions. They will want to save their faces and Ashley can help them.

With cost cutting in mind he should tell Ally to get shot of say a dozen players from the squad. You know the ones we never see, plus some of the highest paid.

Then dump McDowall and Durrant. This would isolate Ally nicely. Leave him on his own for a few weeks then bring in a decent coach that is not of Ally's choosing. Ideally someone with a strong personality and thinks Ally is a dick and won't pay any attention to his legend status. Plenty to choose from but is this the ideal gig for Roy Keane? :o:guns

The more Ally keeps serving up a rubbish team, and the board are paralysed and incapable of making any decision, the greater the opportunities for Ashley to sweep the lot out the door. At a time of his choosing.

So come on Mike, take your time, but just get it right. :thumsup2

Did you lift that straight from Sun Tzu's 'Art of War' ? :)

Never tried it but I doubt it beats Anstruther Fish bar.

Shhhhh don't tell the tourists but the one in Pittenweem is just as good. ;)

The Haddock and Chips from the Tayvallich Inn takes some beating. You cant beat sitting out on a summers evening with a cold pint and Haddock and chips on the decking looking over towards Loch Sween

Shhhhh don't tell the tourists but the one in Pittenweem is just as good. ;)

The Haddock and Chips from the Tayvallich Inn takes some beating. You cant beat sitting out on a summers evening with a cold pint and Haddock and chips on the decking looking over towards Loch Sween

A cold pint with fish n' chips ? You feckin' heathen............

A pot of strong tea is the only thing to be drunk with a fish tea.

:rolleyes:

Did you lift that straight from Sun Tzu's 'Art of War' ? :)

No way. Machiavelli's The Prince is my first choice in such matters. :ph34r:

The fat sod isn't going to just walk, or at least not without a big payoff.

So isolate him, take his pals away from him, and dump more onto him. If anyone can do it, Ashley can. :) If he can get him to walk that's a million quid more or less he will have saved. So well worth a bit of effort.

Edited by thelegendthatis

I think you'll find the Cowboys connection had as much substance as the Adidas contracts and the rest of Charlie's Snake Oil.

Discussing bandits and cowboys in the same night, are you a bit of a western fan?

All we need now is Apache Don to post...

Come on Benny, give us the SP. What's the chances of Ally surviving to Christmas?

Is the Alloa result a 'Berwick Rangers' moment in the great and illustrious history?

Ffs a McGills bus driver on the telly just now.

Right Ally, well i can't see him giving up all that dosh and the board don't seem to give two F's

No8., on 04 Dec 2014 - 13:31, said:

Is that the one next to the Chinese? If it is then i have been there a couple of times as the Chippy shuts early. Aye that's not bad as well.

No that's Din Dins, although it's fine too.

#Perthshire #fastfoodthreadforthispish

SFA have been discussing Mike Ashley's involvement with two clubs today in a meeting at Hampden.

Twas mentioned on Reporting Scotland that there will be a statement later this evening.

Edited by CityDave

SFA have been discussing Mike Ashley's involvement with two clubs today in a meeting at Hampden.

Twas mentioned on Reporting Scotland that there will be a statement later this evening.

The statement will probably read "The SFA are pleased to announce that sports direct will now be the merchandise agent for Scotland tops"

I don't see why McCoist couldn't be replaced relatively cheaply.

If they move him upstairs on his existing salary as some apparently overseeing (but in reality, totally irrelevant) director of football, then yes, he'll still be taking scandalous money from the club, but they won't have to give him it in the one go they can't manage.

They could then bring in someone else. I'm not even being facetious in suggesting that almost anyone else would be better. Couldn't they pay someone like McCall something sane like £80,000?

Overall, it would cost them scarcely more than is currently the case and they'd have a chance of being less laughable on the park, certainly more capable looking, of promotion.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

I don't see why McCoist couldn't be replaced relatively cheaply.

If they move him upstairs on his existing salary as some apparently overseeing (but in reality, totally irrelevant) director of football, then yes, he'll still be taking scandalous money from the club, but they won't have to give him it in the one go they can't manage.

They could then bring in someone else. I'm not even being facetious in suggesting that almost anyone else would be better. Couldn't they pay someone like McCall something sane like £80,000?

Overall, it would cost them scarcely more than is currently the case and they'd have a chance of being less laughable on the park, certainly more capable looking, of promotion.

Didn't celtic put Mowbray on gardening leave for a while until he found another job and resigned.

Just get McCoist to f**k, the damage he;s doing to the club is horrific.

Didn't celtic put Mowbray on gardening leave for a while until he found another job and resigned.

Just get McCoist to f**k, the damage he;s doing to the club is horrific.

Yes, but Mowbray had the chance to get another decent job as he had some pedigree as a manager from elsewhere. McCoist doesn't. For a long time, he was kept on board, first by Green and then the Easdales (even after he effectively handed over the votes his shareholding allowed, to people who'd go against them) because he was seen as popular with the fans.

Now, sacking him would be popular with the fans, but paying up his contract is not an option. Moving him upstairs or putting him on paid gardening leave, while employing another for a tiny fraction of his wages, would strike me as sensible.