Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

My point was very simple: yes, we threw good money after bad in CL success. However, were I a genuine Killie fan I'd reference my own team achieving something Rangers never did.

It really isn't that hard. You just need to get a bit of perspective.

I have done many times, The_Neologist. We had financial problems - not for the first time. We survived.

As for perspective, maybe you could get your head out of the "No' wan ae us.." view, and realise that that lot winning the European Cup was (and in all fairness still is)kind of a big deal. I reckon most football fans, and all football fans in Scotland, are aware of it. Not least because your green chums like to ram it down everybody's throat all the fucking time.

My point was very simple: yes, we threw good money after bad in CL success. However, were I a genuine Killie fan I'd reference my own team achieving something Rangers never did.

It really isn't that hard. You just need to get a bit of perspective.

Tell me O wise sage what part of Rangers death was caused by chasing Killie, as as far as I can ascertain the only thing Killie have up on the dear departed is the fact they have still got a pulse.

I have done many times, The_Neologist. We had financial problems - not for the first time. We survived.

You've used that term a few times. You even used the utterly risible 'The Auto Neologist' which, at the time, I let go since I disdain picking on the terminally stupid.

You have a choice: try making sensible comments or keep hoping that imbecilic terms of abuse that you don't even understand will stick.

On your last point Kincardine, I would rather die with our history than live with theirs.

You wouldn't though. Were it reversed and your club had the unpalatable elements of their history and vice versa, you'd similarly play up their offences, while minimising your club's.

It's what OF fans tend to do. There is no moral dimension to your distaste over things associated with Celtic's past. It's just a useful stick to beat them with.

Is it Stupid Day on The Big Thread?

He's right though.

WRK mentioned Celtic's main European triumph rather than his own club's because he has the view that Rangers overspent, at least in part, in trying to match Celtic's.

Nobody in their right mind would suggest that they did so in order to keep pace with Kilmarnock.

The rumour was that attendance figures were fabricated in order to deny the taxman his due take.

I think he's taking issue with the idea of Celtic Park being expanded, as opposed to rebuilt.

As I recall, the attendance when they beat Dundee to clinch the League in 88, was given as 60,000, but was felt to be much more. The re-built version completed in the late 90s also had a 60,000 capacity. It must have dropped before they moved out to Hampden though when the jungle got benches put in it. Similarly, the re-opened Parkhead would have been lower at first, as sections weren't complete.

I've been in Parkhead when there were 66,000 in it, and it wasn't a crush, either.

You've used that term a few times. You even used the utterly risible 'The Auto Neologist' which, at the time, I let go since I disdain picking on the terminally stupid.

You have a choice: try making sensible comments or keep hoping that imbecilic terms of abuse that you don't even understand will stick.

You used the word "disingeuoune"* several times as well. Maybe you'd like to hazard a guess as to a slight difference between my vocabulary and your desire to appear intelligent?

*Spelling? Not that it makes any difference.

Edited by WhiteRoseKillie

You used the word "disingeuoune"* several times as well. Maybe you'd like to hazard a guess as to a slight difference between my vocabulary and your desire to appear intelligent?

*Spelling? Not that it makes any difference.

The phrase, "The disingeuoune" is absolutely sensible and easily understood by anyone.

The phrase, "The Auto Neologist'" is a pathetic attempt at playing catch-up seeing as it's self-contradictory.

Still, we Bears are used to the plastics and diddies having envy. This time it's word-envy.

The phrase, "The disingeuoune" is absolutely sensible and easily understood by anyone.

The phrase, "The Auto Neologist'" is a pathetic attempt at playing catch-up seeing as it's self-contradictory.

Still, we Bears are used to the plastics and diddies having envy. This time it's word-envy.

"Disingenuoune" - and you've even taken a fairly important letter out in your latest attempt, if you're looking for the effect and meaning I think you are - is entirely made up.

The phrase "Auto Neologist" is, as you say, pretty meaningless. Unless it's someone who thinks up new names for cars.

"Auto-Neologist", on the other hand, as with auto-didact (and you can have either with or without the hyphen), clearly combines to mean " a lexicographer of new words and expressions" who does so on his own initiative.

Which is a long-winded way of saying that you made your word up, whereas I used the tools which are available in the written language to make myself understood to those of a certain comprehension level.

HTH.

It isn't. Not at all. Do not try and defend your stupidity.

Of course it is.

Piss poor attempt to deflect from your own behaviour. Being poorly educated is not necessarily the person concerned's fault. Attempting to appear clever by using big words which you don't understand, or by making words up, most certainly is. When such behaviour is built upon the same shaky foundations as your laughable criticism of others' grammar, it really does make you look a bit of a buffoon.

"Auto-Neologist", on the other hand, as with auto-didact (and you can have either with or without the hyphen), clearly combines to mean " a lexicographer of new words and expressions" who does so on his own initiative.

Autodidact: Someone who is self-taught.

Neologist: Someone who coins words.

AutoNeologist: A self-made phrase by a total roaster.

What about me??????[/quote)

Nah, you might be a kunt but not a big enough kunt to be put on ignore.

The only other one who comes close is Snafu. There's a bit st the end of a Pink Panther movie where Cheif Inspector Dreyfus is in a straitjacket in a padded cell writing "kill clouseau" with a crayon clamped between his toes. That's the picture I get of Snafu with a different colour crayon in each foot.