Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/31094114

Health and safety warning.......

Please cover your phone or laptop screen with clingfilm prior to reading this,

Just laughed a cup of tea over my monitor.

Kenny Miller a striker in a team that managed ZERO shots on target in a game

claiming they ain't that bad and the gulf isn't that big....................PMSL

Does anyone know what happened to hellbhoy?

He was on CH5 last night.

The reality is that if I were to stand up at the next Queens game and belt out the songs we heard yesterday, I would rightly be arrested

Depends on whether or not if you were playing along with your banjo, a nice wee toe tapping tune would have made all the difference.

Edited by bennett

claiming they ain't that bad and the gulf isn't that big....................PMSL

yeah but look at what he is playing that toon on

gM2tyFJ.gif

The Daily Telegraph isn't normally my fish and chip wrapping of choice, but this article is worth a read:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/rangers/11383279/Old-Firm-fans-still-raking-over-old-dirt.html

"BBC Scotland’s anchorman Rob MacLean said at the start of the Old Firm broadcast that “coverage is winging its way to over 50 countries”. The Scottish Tourist Board should sue. BBC Scotland’s problem was this: the Old Firm game is about a lot of things, but it is not about football."

That article is a long overdue breath of fresh air. At last, a paper has the balls to publish the true raison d'etre of Scotland's ugliest football fixture.

I'd hope that someone with a bit of impartial credibility will mention this piece in the Scottish media (step forward Stuart Cosgrove).

Would love to have seen Ogilvie, Reagan & Cockwomble spluttering over their tea and biscuits as they read that.

Over to you, MSSM............... :o

Edited by Florentine_Pogen

The gulf is about the same as the gulf between Miller's view and reality; in other words enormous.

The Daily Telegraph isn't normally my fish and chip wrapping of choice, but this article is worth a read:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/rangers/11383279/Old-Firm-fans-still-raking-over-old-dirt.html

That's the first time I've read anything in the media that reflects a lot of my feeling's on that fixture, old or now new.

An excellent article, especially the last three paragraph.

It's the first time I've seen the grizliness of the OF's co-dependence so highlighted in a newspaper.

Depends on whether or not if you were playing along with your banjo, a nice wee toe tapping tune would have made all the difference.

I don't think that musical accompaniment is really the issue here Bennett, but thanks for bringing an additional nasty wee prejudice to the discussion.

"BBC Scotland’s anchorman Rob MacLean said at the start of the Old Firm broadcast that “coverage is winging its way to over 50 countries”. The Scottish Tourist Board should sue. BBC Scotland’s problem was this: the Old Firm game is about a lot of things, but it is not about football."

That article is a long overdue breath of fresh air. At last, a paper has the balls to publish the true raison d'etre of Scotland's ugliest football fixture.

I wouldn't especially disagree either with the article or your comments about it. I would ask, though, how 'long overdue' sensible remarks like this are?

It's mob rule. The police and stewards will not 'wade in' and make 'thousands of arrests' as it would quickly escalate into a scene from World War Z. The same situation applies to hordes of Celtic fans in St Mirren's North Stand in games at our place. If a single St Mirren fan tries to watch the game standing up - the stewards and police are on them like a rash. If a St Mirren fan lights up a fag - they'll be pounced on. A Celtic supporting mate of mine attends games in our away stand - the entire stand are on their feet, flares are let off, fans are openly smoking in the stand... No action.

I have it on good authority that Mill Street polis' just want the horde in and out as quickly as possible - just get them to fcuk out of Paisley ASAP. The visiting fans have their own stewards too.

The authorities in this country are not applying the laws of the land or stadium rules equally and fairly to all UK citizens within stadiums. If you are thousands strong wearing green and white scarves, the police and stewards ignore what they would hammer another person in another stand, wearing a diddy team scarf for doing.

The Celtic fans know it too, it's mob rule. Disgusting actually.

I can obviously understand why "wading in" would bot be sensible. Clearly, police need to make decisions based on maintaining order, containing situations and assessing risk.

It is galling however, that OF fans know that they can behave obnoxiously in ways that others simply can't, by virtue of the fact that there's lots of them and they can be violent.

I do think that more could be done preventatively though and that efforts could be made to follow up on the event.

Statements from the clubs, condemning not only those arrested, but the many, many singers would be good. Similarly, the police could offer comment on the reality, rather than heap praise on those incapable of behaving in a civilised way and who have in fact blatantly broken the law in front of hundreds of officers, live on TV.

I honestly can't see what all this f*cking nonsense about singing songs is about. Singing a song never hurt anybody. Just let them release their bile by singing about f*cking the pope, the queen or anybody else they fancy. The c*nts complaining about hearing sectarian or racist shite on their tv don't go to football matches anyway so all they have to do is just turn off.

I'm surprised there haven't been any major complaints about last week's Top Gear where Jazza said "Muschi, muschi, willkommen". "Muschi" is the German slang for "pussy" as in vagina.

Too many people wanting to be outraged on others' behalf these days.

Edited by WeeHectorPar