Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I imagine these chats would be unnecessary if people just accepted that, for better or for worse, the whole "being Irish even if you're only 1/16 Irish" thing has now become a big part of being a Celtic supporter for some folk and it's not going to go away, however much it's complained about*.

And for folk emitting wails about refusal to assimilate and continued waving of flags of their great-grandad's nations, a word of advice on booking holidays - probably best to avoid America completely.

*I'm charitably assuming that the complaining isn't the point in itself.

I imagine these chats would be unnecessary if people just accepted that, for better or for worse, the whole "being Irish even if you're only 1/16 Irish" thing has now become a big part of being a Celtic supporter for some folk and it's not going to go away, however much it's complained about*.

And for folk emitting wails about refusal to assimilate and continued waving of flags of their great-grandad's nations, a word of advice on booking holidays - probably best to avoid America completely.

*I'm charitably assuming that the complaining isn't the point in itself.

Keep the blarney, ditch the applauding historical violence. No-one could condemn you if you shrugged off that pish

Aye well done mate, just f*ck off with the rest of your pals like Monkey and WRK, who desperately strive for any attention and significance they may achieve on any Rangers related threads on here, sad as f*ck!

FOLLOW YOUR OWN CLUB

I will follow my club and be at Dens on Saturday hoping to beat the "other cheek"

If we manage a shot on target and yet get beat 4-0 I will know we put up a better fight than your poor excuse of a team of overpaid c***s did last Sunday.

Hey, how would you feel if we took them to a replay, or, heaven forbid beat them?

accie, you don't happen to have dark side of the moon on vinyl, with the solid blue triangle, it goes for anything up to £1k

I don't sadly :bairn , all my floyd is on flac these days not worth anything but friends can't destroy is or accidentally permanently borrow it :thumsup2

That will be a historical thing. Celtic support comes from all different groups, not just Catholic, 4th/5th Gen Irish.

Every club in Scotland has support from all different groups.

Clubs other than the blue and green bigots don't define themselves through hatred of other communities.

Perhaps you can tell me how this 'broad church' of Celtic fandom reacts to Celtic fans singing.. Just for example.. 'Soon there'll be no Protestants at all' ?

Keep the blarney, ditch the applauding historical violence. No-one could condemn you if you shrugged off that pish

That'll happen naturally, I imagine. Celtic today is pretty much unrecognisable from what it was as recently as the 80s and the further we get away from the late-century bullshit, the better it should get.

Although as ever, I'm not writing any blank cheques for zoomers.

I don't sadly :bairn , all my floyd is on flac these days not worth anything but friends can't destroy is or accidentally permanently borrow it :thumsup2

I had a copy of DSOTM with all the posters and stuff - no idea whether the prism was solid blue or not. Then I went to Uni, and a lot of things got lost - albums, tapes, weekends - so I'll never know... :(

You clearly have no clue what demographic means in statistical analysis in relation to anything do you?

Demograhic - the statistical characteristics of human populations (as age or income) used especially to identify markets. 2 : a market or segment of the population identified by demographics.

As I said, if you were inferring that Celtic are any less capable of attracting support from "all backgrounds" you are talking out of your hole .. in fact it's likely to be the opposite since our supporters are drawn from a wider geographical area (courtesy of your last rambling post .. trying to stray off point). The effect being; the backgrounds of our customers are likely to be more varied ...

If you weren't inferring that the other three teams were better or different from Celtic at attracting fans from all backgrounds ... you could simply have said so ... though it's a bit late in the day since you appear to have picked it up and tried to run with it ...

Were the words I used too complicated?

I'd have went for "Statistical study of human populations"

On that note this, admittedly old, research conducted for Glasgow City Council in 2003

https://glasgow.gov.uk/CHttpHandler.ashx?id=9735&p=0

You may have more up to date data but page 10 indicates that researchers found that about 74% of Celtic supporters identified as Roman Catholic. Given that Celtic's attendances at the time constituted around a quarter of the whole of Scottish Football and that 1/6 of the population as a whole in the 2001 census identified as Roman Catholic this implies that Catholic Celtic supporters made up a bigger proportion of football fans than Catholics did of the population in general. It's a wonder there were any RCs left over at all to support any other clubs.

But there is the possibility that we're looking at the causality the wrong way round. Rather than portraying Celtic as a sectarian Catholic club it may be truer to depict Scottish Roman Catholicism as being a Celtic minded sect.

In the context of the male half of the population that makes a lot more sense, in an era when the pope brings less men to Bellahouston park than Henrik Larson took to Seville.

IIt's a wonder there were any RCs left over at all to support any other clubs.

But there is the possibility that we're looking at the causality the wrong way round. Rather than portraying Celtic as a sectarian Catholic club it may be truer to depict Scottish Roman Catholicism as being a Celtic minded sect.

In my experience, there's a lot in that, but it's a two way street. Edited by Monkey Tennis

Do you know what Celtic do in the community? Or even Hibs or Dundee Utd?

Still waiting on your facts, that both clubs draw their support from a wider base than Celtic do.

Ask an Arab or a Hibee, better still ask any other Scottish football fan.

That'll happen naturally, I imagine. Celtic today is pretty much unrecognisable from what it was as recently as the 80s and the further we get away from the late-century bullshit, the better it should get.

Although as ever, I'm not writing any blank cheques for zoomers.

Uh huh: your club is just wildly deflecting on the behalf of a proven racist, while its scumbag fans smash a bottle off a 12 year old's coupon.

Progress!

Uh huh: your club is just wildly deflecting on the behalf of a proven racist, while its scumbag fans smash a bottle off a 12 year old's coupon.

Progress!

A devastating rejoinder to all Celtic fans who applaud smashing 10-year-olds with bottles, AND an invitation to get into a huge rammy over Tonev again!

Barely resistable, but maybe later, eh?

So if the geographical area covered a village of bumpkins like yourself versus whole of Europe ... you'd have larger demographic pool to draw your customers from ... Well played Einstein. A little knowledge clearly produces astounding logic.

We still looking for you to provide the proof to back up your claims ... you know a breakdown of the various profiles within each support (from a reputable source) ...

I suspect we'll have more of your evasive drivel through ...

The guy who posts endless links to MacGilligans blogs is asking for reputable sources....

You couldn't make it up.

They would be far more credible if they just chose not to observe remembrance. By throwing money at the poppy society it is just paying for bad behaviour. Not opposed to Celtic choosing not to take part, that is absolutely their right, but don't think throwing some pennies (or loads of pennies) somehow puts you on the high ground. It doesn't.

Don't get me wrong money is important and it goes to excellent causes but the message of remembrance is not 'lets raise money'. Frankly I find the idea of donating money but not participating a bit offensive, it cheapens the occasion and misses the point. But I'm not going to dwell on the ins and outs of a club that supports racists and fuels bigotry.

Lets dwell on the other cheating c***s across the city. The time lines are going to be interesting here, am I right in thinking the egm would be the same day as one of the SFA hearings?

f**k it mun. Poppy Scotland are guaranteed to receive a few grand every year from Celtic due to a few bellends refusing to be decent at a time which is totally out of synch with traditional moments of remembrance. Kerrching protests are the best advertisement for poppy Scotland. Not to mention the Sevconian counter protests raising thousands from faux offended, seethe filled orcs. Poppy Scotland must love the old firm fans.