Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

That's what I was wondering, if they are removed then wouldn't that breach whatever agreement they had when the loan was made? Or will King have to allow another two to take their place?

I imagine its a case of either "appoint who we want or we take back the £10m". The fact Dave King himself admits he hasn't bothered to check out what the loan entails is the interesting part.

Two takes from today that I found amusing and a question that I am pondering...

1) the old board were slammed for housing AGM people in the "away end" but King wasn't, Bears I fear for you as I doubt he is the messiah you are looking for!

2) If the club goes into admin to resolve (or absolve) it's debt, would they be an old club or new club in that event?

You are sure :lol:

Do you think Sports Direct give out money without having control on where it goes, does your inside track sorry salad tell you they hand it over with no conditions on how it is used and who makes those decisions on how it gets used :thumsup2

why is he not asking for his loan back then, his guys have just been booted out of the front door.

^^^ Thinks he's cleverer than Ashley :lol: ^^^ but is missing a question mark.............

No point doing it too quickly. Much more enjoyable to bleed the club/company/whatever slowly.

You tell me..

Shouldn't you be telling us why Secvo fans are celebrating the "return" of a man who sat on the board of the old club during years of financial mismanagement, administration and liquidation?

I really can't get my head around why some see this is a good thing. He did allow the old club to go to the wall despite his vast wealth after all

Dave King chose to kick them out of the front door.

Without ever reading the terms of the loan. At the moment of "kicking them out the door", he had literally no idea what the outcome of the that was going to be. He seems to be presuming its a case of "do what we want or we take our money back", and reckons they can cope without Ashleys millions, it could easily be a non-negotiable "we put whoever we want on the board, and the board can't reject them". We don't know, and Dave King doesn't know, only Ashley knows.

The loan agreement said nominate...nothing about appoint.

And you know it said nothing else , did your salad oops inside track tell you , is this the kind of hard fact that Standfree03 has been missing for you to answer his questions :1eye

The loan agreement said nominate...nothing about appoint.

In return, Sports Direct will take control of 26% of Rangers’ retail operation and will benefit from shirt sponsorship income from the 2017-18 season until the debt is repaid and have the power to appoint two directors. Security has been provided in the form of virtually all of the club’s assets apart from Ibrox Stadium itself, after supporters reacted with fury to that proposal being mooted.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jan/27/mike-ashley-rangers-loan-newcastle-united

Nominate away, Dave may choose to appoint them, however Appoint is not what is written.

If Dave does allow them to be 'appointed' then good luck on them having any power when Dave has 3 guys voting for him.

You seen the contract then? Cos Dave saus he hasn't?

How do you know he does not know the terms of the loan?

Because he admitted this morning he's never seen what the terms of the loans actually are.

Even if that means Ashley, who has loaned the club £5m with a further £5m in the process of being drawn down, demanding his cash back.

'I have not seen the nature of the loans,' King told Sportsmail. 'That may be possible, it may not"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30996809

In addition to security over Murray Park, Edmiston House and Albion Car Park, Sports Direct will also have the right to nominate two directors to Rangers' board for the duration of the loan.

I might be missing something but is that the legally binding document that the former Rangers regime signed or an article on a website reporting only the pertinent facts ?

The nominations are because they have to give the board the right to refuse the nominee, as they are held responsible via their NOMAD to govern the business properly, but not the right to refuse the seat at the board be filled by one of the nominees provided by Sports Direct, which is not necessarily limited to 2 :1eye