Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Don't know if this question has been asked yet but, who are the other directors of Rangers football club and how much do they know of what is going on?

This may be quite important to them if it transpires there are legal irregularities.

"Yes your honour I was a director of the club and I know my responsibilities under the Companies Act, but I don't know anything about what's going on and I just did what Mr Whyte told me to do". :blink:

At the time of going into admin, Craig Whyte was the only executive director left on the board. Andrew Ellis was the only other (non-executive) director.

Could someone summarise what the current state of play is with Rangers. Trying to avoid hilarious posts of "THEY'RE FUCKED LOL!"

Surely the state of play is that they've been in administration for a week - and that's not long for the administrators to get to grips with much of anything. Lots will be going on behind the scenes, with more developments this week as the administrators start doing their job. Anything else is gossip and speculation. Much of the gossip and speculation is being undertaken on football forums, which for everyone but Rangers fans, has provided a week of sheer unadulterated LOL-tastic pleasure.

Popcorn sales up by a whopping 151%.

Surely the problem the Administrators will have at Ibrox is raising the funds to pay ongoing expenses.

All the other clubs in Scotland who went into administration would have had a relatively low ratio of season ticket to pay at the gate fans, but with Rangers having, what is it 35000? season ticket holders, then that money has already disappeared. The funds generated through the gates on match day will be relatively small and i'm sure won't go even part of the way to meet the wage bill never mind anything else.

Is this why the Administrators said that the players and staff were guaranteed their February salaries, but they couldn't guarantee any future wages?

The administrator could have declared the season tickets null and void and made everyone pay at the gate for the rest of the season. They chose not too.

You have given the facts of the Livi case correctly but you have omitted something which is now in the public domain as fact.

The Livi administrator was in a room at Hampden with a committee of SFL club reps and asked if he could provide a £700000 bond. His answer was obviously no. (as the committee already knew it would be) Gordon McDougall the new Livi chairman was standing outside with a cheque for that amount of money. He was not allowed in to the room. The result was that Livi were relegated two divisions.

This is all history now but I am bringing it up to remind people that football committees etc are full of self interested shady characters and subject to dodgy backroom deals. I have no reason to believe that it is any different in the elite atmosphere of the SPL. If there is any way to prevent Rangers from disappearing you can be sure that it will be found.

Nice story. You've missed one very important fact, though. At the time of that meeting, McDougall was not the new Livi chairman, he had nothing to do with the club as it was still being run by the administrator. Had McDougall given the cheque to the administrator, there would have been no problem.

The administrator could have declared the season tickets null and void and made everyone pay at the gate for the rest of the season. They chose not too.

That would have been really interesting. How many of the 'we'll not walk away mob' would pony up for tickets. Obviously some just couldn't afford to, but there'd be a fair number that could but wouldn't.

That would have been really interesting. How many of the 'we'll not walk away mob' would pony up for tickets. Obviously some just couldn't afford to, but there'd be a fair number that could but wouldn't.

Indeed. Does seem like a strange decision though. As far as I know, its pretty much standard practice when a football club goes into admin. From a financial point of view, playing in front of 10,000 paying punters would be better than playing in front of 30,000 season ticket holders.

Indeed. Does seem like a strange decision though. As far as I know, its pretty much standard practice when a football club goes into admin. From a financial point of view, playing in front of 10,000 paying punters would be better than playing in front of 30,000 season ticket holders.

Just another strange thing to add to all the other strange things that are going on in sunny Govan.

Not sure if this has been raised yet - but one of the biggest concerns about the Killie game even going ahead was that Strathclyde Police wanted guarantees on getting paid. I'm guessing that given the events leading up to the game, the police presence at Ibrox on Saturday was upped from a 'normal' Rangers v Killie game, therefore costing more. My eye is looking ahead to the upcoming OF game. It's going to be mental - even by OF derby standards. The police presence at this one will surely be well up on usual numbers. I wonder if, given the tensions, and Celtic being so close to actually clinching the title, that the police would rather see this one postponed - only played after the league was done and dusted and things had cooled a bit. Thoughts?

Is it? I thought they normally kept season tickets valid but asked fans to pay a donation to running costs. I'm sure Plymouth did that, for the simple reason that the club is relying on the goodwill of the fans to survive and if you cancelled the season tickets some might just say, well I can't/won't pay any more and chuck it.

My eye is looking ahead to the upcoming OF game. It's going to be mental - even by OF derby standards. The police presence at this one will surely be well up on usual numbers. I wonder if, given the tensions, and Celtic being so close to actually clinching the title, that the police would rather see this one postponed - only played after the league was done and dusted and things had cooled a bit. Thoughts?

Had this conversation in the pub yesterday. I have absolutely no doubt whatsoever that if the game at Ibrox ends up being the "Title winning match", it'll be postponed until the title is wrapped up. No chance they'll risk the inevitable blood bath.

Had this conversation in the pub yesterday. I have absolutely no doubt whatsoever that if the game at Ibrox ends up being the "Title winning match", it'll be postponed until the title is wrapped up. No chance they'll risk the inevitable blood bath.

... Certainly no-one wants to be up to their knees in blood.

Is it? I thought they normally kept season tickets valid but asked fans to pay a donation to running costs. I'm sure Plymouth did that, for the simple reason that the club is relying on the goodwill of the fans to survive and if you cancelled the season tickets some might just say, well I can't/won't pay any more and chuck it.

From what I remember, Gretna, Livy and Dundee all did it. Pretty sure I read somewhere that at least one club down south had done it.

Either way, given that the role of the administrator is to maximise the return for the creditors, turning their noses up at potential income is a strange decision.

1329736899[/url]' post='5986968']

When are they likely to give us a list of creditors? I thought it would have been published by now to be honest.

I think that this is one of the main issues. As there appears to be parent, child and other companies involved its taking the admin team longer to work out who owes who what and whats secured against whats not...might be a wee while yet....

Edited by EdinburghPar1975

Rumour kicking about today.

Apparently the five-year contracts signed by the likes of Whittaker and McGregor are with the parent company, Rangers FC Group (ex-Wavetower) not RFC PLC.

If true, that would break SPL rules on third-party ownership.

And potentially mean that Rangers would lose every point they've won this season with "unregistered" players in their team.

Which would put them on -10 points.

I think even that would be too good to be true :lol: