Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Right enough, so we did.... and plunged ourselves into an Armageddon scenario that saw TV companies walk away, sponsors desert us in droves, and staff redundancies at St Mirren Park... Isn't that right Mr Gilmour.

To be fair he wasn't the only one and his task is/was to make your club viable so in any business uncertainty is never a good thing so the major change would have created anxiety amongst many. Ok, we can reflect on guys like Turnbull Hutton at Raith but then the defunct Rangers meant financially nothing, but to St Mirren it would.

Its a sport and if we are going to do a Lance Armstrong then the stigma and loss of credibility is something that can be just as toxic.

Given the dysfunctional existence of Sevco the fans and chairmen who took that stance have been vindicated but I can understand Gilmour who overall his tenure has been positive despite possible relegation this season. He saved you from being asset stripped and progressed the club, it has a a decent infrastructure, don't think he ever claimed to have millions to throw at you but he has worked extremely hard in difficult circumstances.

To be fair he wasn't the only one and his task is/was to make your club viable so in any business uncertainty is never a good thing so the major change would have created anxiety amongst many. Ok, we can reflect on guys like Turnbull Hutton at Raith but then the defunct Rangers meant financially nothing, but to St Mirren it would.

Its a sport and if we are going to do a Lance Armstrong then the stigma and loss of credibility is something that can be just as toxic.

Given the dysfunctional existence of Sevco the fans and chairmen who took that stance have been vindicated but I can understand Gilmour who overall his tenure has been positive despite possible relegation this season. He saved you from being asset stripped and progressed the club, it has a a decent infrastructure, don't think he ever claimed to have millions to throw at you but he has worked extremely hard in difficult circumstances.

I was at two meetings with the St Mirren BoD and listened first hand to them during the Rangers crisis. My view is based on those meetings. The club was saved from Spivs in 1998/9. We remain grateful for that. The goodwill in that particular tank has been eroded by ring fencing the shares into a 51% controlling consortium and freezing out larger individual shareholders, and over five years later, still unsold, zero communication from our want-away BoD to the support, and complete apathy surrounding the place.

Hey, just my personal,opinion, I do not demand or expect anyone to agree with me.

I was at two meetings with the St Mirren BoD and listened first hand to them during the Rangers crisis. My view is based on those meetings. The club was saved from Spivs in 1998/9. We remain grateful for that. The goodwill in that particular tank has been eroded by ring fencing the shares into a 51% controlling consortium and freezing out larger individual shareholders, and over five years later, still unsold, zero communication from our want-away BoD to the support, and complete apathy surrounding the place. Hey, just my personal,opinion, I do not demand or expect anyone to agree with me.

No I give you there are aspects of the workings of the club you have more experience and the share issue I was completely oblivious of. Hey if you didn't offer an opinion on your club you'd be watching football in Govan. Was the consortium idea not to ensure you didn't have another Brearley type character, we did and it nearly sunk us. At the time we had John Wilson as Chairman and he was a marmite character we brought through lots of players sold them in a fashion that would make the guy from the Cillit Bang commercials blush. He eventually sold out to Hugh Scott after trying to sell the club and our goose was cooked. I don't know if that is the ultimate reason but may offer a rationale.

Over the years my opinion of JW has shifted ok selling to HS was a monumental fuckup but like King, Green, Whyte and Minty they came with promising everything the supporters wanted to hear but we only fell for it once, Wilson did lots of unpopular things that needed to be done, perhaps thats how Gilmour will be perceived in the future. So you never know what will come next although I understand the frustration and the lack of energy that seems to prevail at your club at moment and that change is needed as long as its a positive one for the club.

Keith Jackson: None of this is the new owners' fault, all they're doing is trying to mop up the mess of the last three years' worth of spivs and charlatans.... It's all WH Ireland's fault too. So, if I've got this right, it isnae' Potless Paul and the convicted tax fraudster's fault (although both have previous high level involvement at the Rangers), it isnae' Charlie Green's fault - he blamed Craigie Boy Whyte, it isnae' Craigie boy's fault, he inherited Minty Moonbeam's mess, and Minty Moonbeams says it isnae' his fault, they were doing fine until Whyte duped him. So, it must be Mr Custard the Clown's fault. What a cnut.

You forgot the most complained about on the AIM, who was doing the complaining , wouldnae be Rangers Shareholding Fans not happy at the old boards existence by any chance , the do like their old get rid of the board protests :1eye

Good man Ashley, knows how to run a business.

He is a bit like the Fergus McCann of Newcastle.

I was chatting to my Rangers supporting friend the other day and asking about the latest owners.

We'll be all right now, these guys are 'Rangers men', was the reply.

I was too polite to say that they were the same 'Rangers men' who had previously let their club down.

Apparently in today's papers klaxon has claimed that Rangers have had the most complaints made against them in the history of the aim markets.

You just know that the QC, densboy, mad Norman etc have been getting stuck right in there.....

Edited by bennett

Apparently in today's papers klaxon has claimed that Rangers have had the most complaints made against them in the history of the aim markets.

You just know that the QC, densboy, mad Norman etc have been getting stuck right in there.....

They would be completely lost without the Gets mate!!,,

Another world record for the trophy room.

More likely Rangers fans when the previous regime were in situ?