Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Anyway, will someone please answer my question about "the traditions, standards of behaviour and values" that Murray wants Rangers to get back to, please?

It's been days now and if nobody can tell me, I'll wind up believing that it's simply meaningless shite.

You were right, it's the latter.

Anyway, will someone please answer my question about "the traditions, standards of behaviour and values" that Murray wants Rangers to get back to, please?

It's been days now and if nobody can tell me, I'll wind up believing that it's simply meaningless shite.

You could be onto something there.

Trying to imagine angry thistle fans, nah not happening.

I was a guest of a Thistle supporting mate at Firhill a couple of years ago for our cup tie, so I had to sit among them.

I can testify that they were fair " beelin " when wee Danny scored that late winner :)

I was a guest of a Thistle supporting mate at Firhill a couple of years ago for our cup tie, so I had to sit among them.I can testify that they were fair " beelin " when wee Danny scored that late winner :)
I was a guest of a Thistle supporting mate at Firhill a couple of years ago for our cup tie, so I had to sit among them.I can testify that they were fair " beelin " when wee Danny scored that late winner :)
All lies! I would guess that the only reason the were beelin' was that you must've knocked over our usual tipple of Dom Perignon. That is unforgiveable!

I am perfectly happy to have a go at this. I am also perfectly happy to use The P Word.

The traditions are those of prowess. We have always sought to be a successful team and have proven to be so over 143 years.

As for, "standards of behaviour and values" one can't comment on that without being a coward and shirking the obvious link to our acquired Protestant association.

I'm not sure when it happened? Maybe in the 1920s? What followed was a strong association between Rangers and Scottish Protestant values of hard work, honesty, diligence and duty.

I haven't a single issue with that as long as we acknowledge that a. other groups could have similar values and b. we don't discriminate.

So quick sum: "the traditions, standards of behaviour and values" of Rangers are wedded in our fortitude and our desire for the Reformation values of rectitude and honesty.

Edited by The_Kincardine

I am perfectly happy to have a go at this. I am also perfectly happy to use The P Word.

The traditions are those of prowess. We have always sought to be a successful team and have proven to be so over 143 years.

As for, "standards of behaviour and values" one can't comment on that without being a coward and shirking the obvious link to our acquired Protestant association.

I'm not sure when it happened? Maybe in the 1920s? What followed was a strong association between Rangers and Scottish Protestant values of hard work, honesty, diligence and duty.

I haven't a single issue with that as long as we acknowledge that a. other groups could have similar values and b. we don't discriminate.

So quick sum: "the traditions, standards of behaviour and values" of Rangers are wedded in our fortitude and our desire for the Reformation values of rectitude and honesty.

Meaningless shite spouted by morons then :1eye

^^^^^ Aff his nut.

Cringe oh dear. I think it was better when there was ambiguity to MT's question.

The galling bit was the hypocrisy in not admitting Rangers to the SPL to avoid upsetting fans of the clubs there; but then putting SFL clubs under pressure to admit them in order to minimise any top flight pain. It was despicable.

And they would have gotten away with it to, if it wasn't for those meddling Diddy Teams.

Very honourable, but ultimately a meaningless exultation of a culture that never existed in the first place and has been resolutely forgotten since. If such a culture was so strong in the foundations of Rangers then other supporters would give some sort of credit for it; it is, however, little more than cringeworthy lip-service to somehow justify the more unsavoury behaviours of your wider support.