Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Ah, you like us really. I was disappointed with your result at the weekend. As it is, I really do get excited at the prospect of getting a shot at putting Rangers in their place in such a huge match with such high stakes. I actually struggle to see us beating them over two legs though. I'd feel much the same about Hibs, although they maybe do have that brittle quality that would make me slightly more optimistic. Either way, we'll be up against it though.

Dinna be daft! They are there for the taking. Poorer teams than QoS have taken points off them.

SD bought up brands like Everlast and Slazenger who were past their heyday, have the products made in the far east and sell them at knock down prices. Does this apply to the Rangers brand?.

Of course it does, all he need is 500 million Sevco fans to buy cheaply made sportswear with a 'RFC' brand name on it and the cash rolls in!

But 'RFC' has to still alive for the brand name to be worth anything and attract these sales. Can he do this by keeping them on a 'drip' so they are not dead but just in a coma for years so he gets all his money back and more?

This was last month's trope, chap. We've moved on since then.

You might want to share that message with the boys in the faintly camp uniforms male bonding on the streets of Scotland and Northern Ireland this summer.

;)

How did payday go this month?

Haven't heard any rumblings that wages weren't met yet but hard to believe they could afford them.

Did the 3 Bears not give them a loan again?

Edited by sjc

The sporting sanctions for financial collapse are principally retributive as opposed to preventative measures.

There's the rub, Topcat. Some clubs may be in need of adult supervision - which I suppose rules the SFA out. You'd think the looking the other way as the the Rangers lurches from one crisis to the next might be deliberate.

They got another 'bridging' loan from T3B.

This takes their debt to £8m. The overheads are clearly crippling them and will prevent any real challenge going forward above a mid table SPL finish. I don't know how they intend to improve their squad while bringing costs down enough at the same time. If they could get 50k at Ibrox each week then they could do it, but as we all know that crowd is reliant on a massively dominant side that expects to win every home game by at least 3 goals. I also think that they are failing to appreciate the increasingly relevent dynamic of the impact that the EPL has on support. Many of Rangers new intake of glory hunters in places like Cowdenbeath or Bo'ness supported Rangers because they were a 'big team', but now they all support the big teams in England, and even now moving onto Real and Barca. Without new batches of glory hunting fans they are gubbed and will have to settle with only having twice as much money as everyone else.

There's the rub, Topcat. Some clubs may be in need of adult supervision - which I suppose rules the SFA out. You'd think the looking the other way as the the Rangers lurches from one crisis to the next might be deliberate.

That seems a reasonable assumption, the SFA have allowed this club/company to burn through a projected debt of £32 million through the leagues without as much as a whimper about the reckless spending habits. That's nearly £11 million a season and would send alarm bells ringing if it were any other club.

The SFA are all about sporting integrity and shit supposedly. How they allow a club to get itself into a position they could fold over in a nano second if promotion is a failure just shows the lengths these cnuts will go to to get a Rangers FC into the top tier.

Now we await to see if the associations and the refs will play fair come the play offs, will we see some of the most bizarre refereeing decisions in favour towards Sevco to ensure they will be playing in the top tier next season. In fact will we see some dodgy refereeing this weekend to ensure Sevco finishes second ?, Hibs and Hearts denied obvious penalties and goals and possibly sending off's were no contact was made ?

Could be a fun weekend this weekend if Sevco get the refs favour and still lose the game because they were that shit on the day. :)

In an industry like professional sport where risk and uncertainty are intrinsic to the nature of the business the governing bodies are never going to be able to guarantee that nobody will ever go into administration even if they were to insist on counter signing every cheque that left every club from Parkhead to Peterhead.

The idea that it's the responsibility of the SFA or SPFL to ensure that anybody who lends money to one of its members under whatever terms gets it back is a new one and one that the bodies themselves should be wary of lest they find themselves having to stand behind the debts of its members.

Because they're under pressure to "do something" they've brought in the "Administration Event" rules which punish clubs for taking excessive financial risks but only long after the event and only in cases where those risks didn't pay off.

Does anybody really believe the refs do them favours still? If they did surely they wouldn't have left it so late.

Celtic fans.

They believe the refs have it in for Celtic, therefore, must favour Rangers.

It's a completely moronic conclusion but to them totally logical.

Billy McNeil claimed it had been going on for 60 years, harking back to Celtic's darkest days in the 1950's.

It seemed to escape Billy that during his time as a player with Celtic won 9 in a row and reached 17 of the 18 cup finals during those 9 years. That is total domination.

What were the referees doing then?

Does anybody really believe the refs do them favours still? If they did surely they wouldn't have left it so late.

League reconstruction !, remember ?

I remember the old way of only two promotion places into the top tier at most and that came with a play off between 2nd bottom in the top tier and the club who finished second in the old 1st division IIRC.

Now we have four clubs involved in the Championship vying for the second promotion play off, that's two extra clubs involved in the play off's. Forward thinking from the association should Sevco only reach 4th in the Championship perhaps. Give the B'stard abomination of a clone more chances to reach the top tier should they fail to first win the division and only come fourth ?

The SFA & SPFL have been quiet all through the clones progress and as long as it's still in with a chance to reach the top tier even via the play off method I'm still expecting some real dodgy decisions AT THE LAST MINUTE to help the clone get to where the associations want it to be in the Premiership division.

Anyhoo we'll find out when the play off's come.

League reconstruction !, remember ?

I remember the old way of only two promotion places into the top tier at most and that came with a play off between 2nd bottom in the top tier and the club who finished second in the old 1st division IIRC.

Now we have four clubs involved in the Championship vying for the second promotion play off, that's two extra clubs involved in the play off's. Forward thinking from the association should Sevco only reach 4th in the Championship perhaps. Give the B'stard abomination of a clone more chances to reach the top tier should they fail to first win the division and only come fourth ?

The SFA & SPFL have been quiet all through the clones progress and as long as it's still in with a chance to reach the top tier even via the play off method I'm still expecting some real dodgy decisions AT THE LAST MINUTE to help the clone get to where the associations want it to be in the Premiership division.

Anyhoo we'll find out when the play off's come.

But the change to four-clubs-in-the-play-offs was more likely to disadvantage Rangers - at least from the perspective of a year or so ago. Did anyone really see them finishing third or fourth rather than first or second? Apart from the more perceptive members of this forum, of course.