Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

SD lawyers quoting the Daily Record now

@jamesdoleman 16s16 seconds ago

Counsel for Sports Direct says "what triggered this application was an article in the Daily Record titled 'Rangers board ready for war"'

:lol:

Battle fever...!!

SD lawyers quoting the Daily Record now

@jamesdoleman 16s16 seconds ago

Counsel for Sports Direct says "what triggered this application was an article in the Daily Record titled 'Rangers board ready for war"'

:lol:

Top Trolling from SD, quoting Paul Murray's paper of choice.

Edited by dave.j

They're accusing sevco of breaking confidentially of commercial sensitive information by leaking it to the Daily Record.

So Fat mike is upset about;

Counsel for Sports Direct says that information about the percentage of income going to RFC from merchandise should not be disclosed.

the 7 year deal becoming public knowledge

You mean the daily record of breaking details of Fat Mikes onerous contracts right?

It's not just his contracts.

It was a contract agreed by both Sports Direct and Sevco.

You shouldn't be agreeing contracts if you can't abide by them

Basically Fat Mikes is saying 'I want to rape Rangers, but I want to do it quietly, I think someone from Rangers leaked details of my dodgy contract and my evidence is the Daily Record'

Does that about cover it?

Evidence the contacts are "dodgy"?

Your clumpany did agree to them after all.

Basically Fat Mikes is saying 'I want to rape Rangers, but I want to do it quietly, I think someone from Rangers leaked details of my dodgy contract and my evidence is the Daily Record'

The other possibility is that Ashley wants a court to confirm that the contract was broken, which he can then use as ammo for whatever he plans next.

The gagging order makes no sense at this point as everyone with even a remote knowledge of this saga knows that the deal is heavily skewed in Ashleys favour. The specific numbers are an irrelevance.

Guilty as charged, now, whats for lunch.

keith jackson ‏@tedermeatballs 1 min1 minute ago

I notice Sports Direct have not challenged the accuracy of my 'seven year notice period' story. Wonder why they wanted it kept hush-hush?

Look at the state of Wacko. Boasting his story was accurate, further condemning the source who leaked confidential information. Maybe they wanted it kept hush hush because its a confidential agreement Keith, you fckin spanner...

Yep that is why he has 5 lawyers turning up at court and producing a Daily Record as evidence.

Pretty strong evidence to provide if the accusation is that confidential information was leaked to the press. It would be foolish to not submit evidence, surely?

I wouldn't be surprised if somehow King manages to scrape the dough together or the outcome provides a clarified repayment structure. What it all really hinges on is how much Ashley wants to tighten the screws. It has been suggested elsewhere that he's not overjoyed at his boys being put off the board, but he's not known for any great sentimentality when it comes to business but more for using his ample resources to shift prevailing circumstances entirely into his favour. I think therefore a winding up order would be fairly unlikely, given that he could be going for the cash grab instead. Then again, if he succeeds, regaining his £5m doesn't represent a great win for him either, more meaning that he gets out without any great loss.

Fascinating stuff really; the next 48 hours are likely to be very interesting indeed and will expose Big Mike's motives along with a lot of what GASL has been/not been up to.

Don't forget that Ashley is down another ~£3-5 million in the value of his 8% holding in the PLC (now no longer publicly listed) He'll be wanting to get something more than 2p per share for that. So I'm guessing he'll be going for the full asset strip via admin. Remember Ibrox is only think not secured