Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

This could of course place Duff and Phelps back in the spotlight.

You must be grateful to Mark Daly for the work he's done in exposing the fact that they shouldn't have been in position at all, due to a clear conflict of interest.

Are you deliberately being a bit more of a tit than usual over the last couple of pages as a rhetorical exercise, a social experiment perhaps; or are you actually attempting to say things you believe to be relevant and true?

It was the record who broke those stories.

My opinion differs from yours, deal with it.

Nah, all the evidence is on my side I'm afraid.

Everything that Daly says is qualified and he simply does not speak with the certainty you claim.

I've even found you some examples of what I mean:

He refers early on to "The tax man who claims he's owed a fortune"

He presses on similarly - HMRC claim that this scheme was tax evasion; Rangers just say they were exploiting a loophole".

That Baxendale bloke is given a platform to say "It's only a problem if HMRC win. If HMRC don't win..."

I really recommend Bennett that you watch the section between fifteen and twenty one minutes because the balance and equivocation come particularly thick and fast here.

A selection: "But was it legal? David Murray thinks so"

"The Murray group insisted they were playing by the rules"

Our evidence suggests they were not playing by the rules"

"So it seems that tax free trust payments were being regularly used as a substitute for salary"

"The case against Rangers is yet to be decided by tribunal. They could face a charge of £50m; they could be cleared"

"Evidence to be revealed for the first time tonight casts serious doubt on that (Murray's) claim"

"The case against Rangers is not just that they could have broken tax law..."

"Whether the tax case finds against the club is yet to be decided"

So plenty of things that are claimed or that seem to suggest something or cast doubt in areas or that could have been the case. Plenty of opportunity also for a Rangers friendly perspective to be offered and lots of reminders that a verdict is awaited and different ones are possible.

Obviously, you'll wish to mock me for actually watching the thing and providing quotes from it, but that's fine - I'm comfortable with my obsession.

Even you however, must surely recognise that your earlier claims about the programme in this thread, were simply examples of received nonsense that bear no scrutiny at all.

Stop baiting them, man!

Listening to the BT Sport interview, does Warburton understand what he's let himself in for? He's talking about 'the club' but does he understand what's happening at the company level?

Never mind about Warburton, how do you feel about Dundee Utd being Celtic's feeder club.

Aye, you're probably right there. Too much of an obsession about Rangers too realise that Thompson's ripping the pish out of them.

How're you doing anyway, Youngsy? How was your hiatus? What's your take on us this season?

After 3 competitive matches we're averaging 4 goals. The downside is we're conceding a goal a game.

How're you doing anyway, Youngsy? How was your hiatus? What's your take on us this season?

After 3 competitive matches we're averaging 4 goals. The downside is we're conceding a goal a game.

Warburton has us playing good football, it's great to watch, i was at the game on Sunday v Peterhead and tbh you can see that every player has bought into his ethos of working at the game during the week to bring results during the game. We'll score far more than we'll concede but his priority has to be a tightening up at the back. I'm not too sure about the keeper but it may well be he needs a bit of time to settle. One thing's for sure though, Warburton will takes us back to the top of the Scottish game. (We now await the usual about us never having been at the top, get's a bit boring and predictable from them all, i have to say).

We'll score far more than we'll concede but his priority has to be a tightening up at the back.

I think this is Sir Davie's job.

I may be a dinosaur and I've banged on about this over the years but Rangers always need a 'blood and snotters' centre half. Kiernan looks like he's a decent player but he needs someone along side him to give some backbone and I don't think McGregor is that man.

One thing's for sure though, Warburton will takes us back to the top of the Scottish game. (We now await the usual about us never having been at the top, get's a bit boring and predictable from them all, i have to say).

Hi Youngsy.

I've no real problem with the idea of 'back'. The notion of continuity doesn't trouble me too much and I find myself on neither side of the polarised debate.

So let's leave the 'back' word aside and concentrate on your confidence about where Warburton will take your club.

I'm sorry but the above prediction about "one thing that's for sure..." is one that even thepundit would balk at.

Are you merely suggesting that Warburton will take Rangers into the top flight, or are you, as I suspect, predicting that during his tenure, Rangers will attain a position that sees them winning League titles and Cups aplenty?

If it's the latter, I'd suggest it's a Hell of a leap based on three games.

I think this is Sir Davie's job.

I may be a dinosaur and I've banged on about this over the years but Rangers always need a 'blood and snotters' centre half. Kiernan looks like he's a decent player but he needs someone along side him to give some backbone and I don't think McGregor is that man.

I think it's more likely that we need a ball winner sitting in front of the central defenders. Kiernan is decent as is Wilson but while we look good going forward we leave some gaps at the back, having a defensive midfielder there will improve us. Only my opinion though.

Hi Youngsy. I've no real problem with the idea of 'back'. The notion of continuity doesn't trouble me too much and I find myself on neither side of the polarised debate. So let's leave the 'back' word aside and concentrate on your confidence about where Warburton will take your club. I'm sorry but the above prediction about "one thing that's for sure..." is one that even thepundit would balk at. Are you merely suggesting that Warburton will take Rangers into the top flight, or are you, as I suspect, predicting that during his tenure, Rangers will attain a position that sees them winning League titles and Cups aplenty? If it's the latter, I'd suggest it's a Hell of a leap based on three games.

I'm saying that Warburton will take the club to the top of Scottish football during his tenure, that means he will deliver the Scottish Premiership title at some point and tbh i would think that after we go up, and that will happen this season, he will have that ambition to take the club to the very top of the Scottish game. So i'm saying that Warburton will deliver our 55th Scottish Champions title before he leaves the club.. Btw you spelt Baulk wrong.

where Warburton will take your club. I'm sorry but the above prediction about "one thing that's for sure..." is one that even thepundit would balk at.

The word is 'baulk'.

Also, I bet you're great at your kids' birthday parties. "Hey Palmerston, put down that water pistol. Do you think you're here to have fun?"

Oh dear guys. The spelling "balk" is perfectly and absolutely acceptable as an alternative spelling to the one you favour.

And you really are predicting that Rangers will win the top flight with this manager then?

There's an irony in your failed attempts to criticise someone's learning, while demonstrating such limited capacity to learn a bloody thing, yourselves.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

Oh dear guys. The spelling "balk" is perfectly and absolutely acceptable as an alternative spelling to the one you favour.

Stop it. There are enough Ps&Ds arguing that black is white without you jumping in. 'Balk' and 'baulk' are two different words.