Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

The BBC report Whytes a crook - banned, report sectarian arrests at Easter road - banned.

That's only a half-truth, Cal.

Rangers - The Inside Story was well received down Govan way and showed Whyte as the charlatan that he is.

Now while I eschew bannings et al I do think there is a case to be made against BBC Scotland. In general, it does not serve the football fan well. Their budget is (relatively) large but I cant think of many of their journalists and reporters who can actually asses a game and report back in a cogent and insightful manner.

I also have doubts that match-reporting is really that important to them nor is reporting on Scottish football on broad scale.

What Pacific Quay does seem to revel in is gossip, innuendo and tattle-tales. This, for me, is exactly what I don't want from a national broadcaster.

The trouble, and the barrier to improving The BBC, is that too many P&B posters revel in exactly what Pacific Quay purveys. Gossip, innuendo and tattle-tales. The stock in trade of both The Beeb and The P&B Diddy.

Edited by The_Kincardine

Were the arrests at Easter road just a rumour? And for FFS kinky, the BBC have a much, much stronger editorial standard than any Murdoch outlet or Scottish rag. You just don't like criticism, because you, your fellows and your club are speaking from the weakest of stand points. Knowing something is accurate but not liking it waaaaaah.

Were the arrests at Easter road just a rumour? And for FFS kinky, the BBC have a much, much stronger editorial standard than any Murdoch outlet or Scottish rag. You just don't like criticism, because you, your fellows and your club are speaking from the weakest of stand points. Knowing something is accurate but not liking it waaaaaah.

This is exactly the reaction I expected from you. You're exhibiting your partiality and superficiality yet again. Let me try and break it down in a way that even you understand,

The reason I don't want the Beeb banned: When Celtic deliver as much gossip as we do The Beeb (and the P&B Diddies) will be all over it. I don't see them as partial but I do see their so-called football reporting pandering to the basest qualities and lapped up by diddies.

The reason I want BBC Scotland improved: They are poor servants of football in Scotland. P&B delivers more about games/teams/clubs/matches than our national broadcaster who seem desperate to become The Dorothy Parker of football rather than serving the fans.

No, you're dragging the argument all over the place. You'd be delighted if the coverage was just as poor but was all fluffing pieces about how brilliant ra sevco / ra sellik are.

If it was all wee glasgow nyaff mouth-pieces felating your surrogate ego, like in the bad old days, we wouldn't be hearing a peep about quality of journalism, coverage or reporting on a broad-scale.

The amusing thing is, is that it is exactly that cronyism, that you so long to return to, that led to the ridiculous situation where nobody questioned the establishment club, cheating themselves into the dirt and dragging our game through the gutter.

Kinky, even if the Beeb were to suddenly to admit that they were being a tad biased in their reporting and in future would report R & C's arseholery, would that make Rangers' actions any more acceptable?

Or is this just a case of whataboutery?

The reason I want BBC Scotland improved: They are poor servants of football in Scotland. P&B delivers more about games/teams/clubs/matches than our national broadcaster who seem desperate to become The Dorothy Parker of football rather than serving the fans.

No, you're dragging the argument all over the place.

I'm not. I'm saying plainly that The BBC shouldn't be banned but should improve in their journalistic standards. This is incontrovertible.

If it was all wee glasgow nyaff mouth-pieces felating your surrogate ego, like in the bad old days, we wouldn't be hearing a peep about quality of journalism, coverage or reporting on a broad-scale.

The amusing thing is, is that it is exactly that cronyism, that you so long to return to, that led to the ridiculous situation where nobody questioned the establishment club, cheating themselves into the dirt and dragging our game through the gutter.

This is a product of your febrile and, I have to say, rather fucked-up mind and please don't try and press your social inadequacies on to me.

Kinky, even if the Beeb were to suddenly to admit that they were being a tad biased in their reporting and in future would report R & C's arseholery, would that make Rangers' actions any more acceptable?

Or is this just a case of whataboutery?

Here's the thing, DA: I think we deserve all the pelters we get and haven't accused, ever, The Beeb of partiality.

I do think Scottish football gets a poor service from Pacific Quay but some chunts won't allow me to say that and think I'm accusing The BBC of bias - which I'm not!

Here's the thing, DA: I think we deserve all the pelters we get and haven't accused, ever, The Beeb of partiality.

I do think Scottish football gets a poor service from Pacific Quay but some chunts won't allow me to say that and think I'm accusing The BBC of bias - which I'm not!

Fair dos.

I'm not. I'm saying plainly that The BBC shouldn't be banned but should improve in their journalistic standards. This is incontrovertible.

This is a product of your febrile and, I have to say, rather fucked-up mind and please don't try and press your social inadequacies on to me.

I don't believe you. Neither does anybody else (come on DA), including you.

Could the BBC improve its coverage in Scotland, absolutely. But that's not what you are arguing, you're just grinding your axe at a slightly different angle.

I am perfectly happy to say that The BBC isn't biased but should move from being sweetie-wifes (not sic) to good standards of journalism.

That you, or anyone, has an issue with that is incredible.

You're trying to turn your problem in to mine, chap.

Regarding the reporting of an admittedly relatively low number of arrests for serious (in terms of football) offences as poor journalism, is horseshit kinky.

You're still trying to make an argument with me where none exists. You really need to learn to read what a poster says and make an appropriate response.

I think it is perfectly reasonable to suggest your criticism of the beeb is disingenuous.

There is some excellent sports journalism at bbc Scotland and you're just trying to be not as big a roaster as the club and the majority of the fans yet still sufficiently tow the party line to avoid getting an 'h' thrown in to your username. Aren't you khinky?

Could the BBC improve its coverage in Scotland, absolutely. But that's not what you are arguing, you're just grinding your axe at a slightly different angle.

Some of the Beeb's reporters obviously have an agenda, But, so what? They're only human.