Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

English would have been on firmer ground had he been able to explain exactly why the Jim Spence situation at Dundee was different.

Other than that though, Houston just came across as an idiot who can't construct sentences properly. I suspect his problem with English chiefly concerns where he comes from. His view that there is a Rangers/Celtic divide that everyone is on a side of, just proves how thick he is.

As Kincardine says, it's designed to appeal to the LCD. Depressing, yet funny.

English can't explain why the various bannings of Spence by Dundee, Keevins and klaxon by celtic are different because on this matter he's being a hypocrite.

Houston came across as an average guy who talks like an average guy, if anything it was English who was constantly flustered and shouting.

Richard Wilson showed English how a journalist should act, impartial and prepared to listen to both sides.

Edited by bennett

English can't explain why the various bannings of Spence by Dundee, Keevins and klaxon by celtic are different because on this matter he's being a hypocrite.

Houston came across as an average guy who talks like an average guy, if anything it was English who was constantly flustered and shouting.

Richard Wilson showed English how a journalist should act, impartial and prepared to listen to both sides.

Richard Wilson did handle it all quite well.

The problem with Houston though was that his entire "anti-Rangers" thing was so bloody juvenile. When he accused English of such sentiment, he had nothing to support it with.

When he tried to suggest that the arrests hadn't happened, because he hadn't seen them, he sounded not just childish, but actually a little bit mental.

I'd always thought Houston was relatively alright, certainly in comparison to Chris Graham, but he's now looking really foolish too.

Rangers really need to find a fans' spokesperson who isn't a roaster. How representative such a figure would be though, I'm not sure.

Quick question for orcs: If the scores had been reversed and yous had lost 6-2 at Easter road, where would you have wanted the story about fan arrests? Top middle or bottom of the running order?

I particularly enjoyed the line last night"well i never saw any flares" like it needs to be lit and waved about before it's an offence. I thought English et al did really well not to just laugh at him and call him a massive simpleton.

English was a seething mess, wanted to get into specifics then shied away from them, what about how it is done in America shite, the Jim Spence situation was different because it was just different and of course he just talks over the top of people rather than discuss things in a civil manner.

Where do you stand on the banning and the reasons for it then?

Richard Wilson did handle it all quite well.

The problem with Houston though was that his entire "anti-Rangers" thing was so bloody juvenile. When he accused English of such sentiment, he had nothing to support it with.

When he tried to suggest that the arrests hadn't happened, because he hadn't seen them, he sounded not just childish, but actually a little bit mental.

I'd always thought Houston was relatively alright, certainly in comparison to Chris Graham, but he's now looking really foolish too.

Rangers really need to find a fans' spokesperson who isn't a roaster. How representative such a figure would be though, I'm not sure.

There are a few presenters/journalists on the beeb who don't like Rangers, dick Gordon has admitted it several times, similar with Cosgrove. English likes to take controversial lines especially with Rangers, he does back himself into corners at times.

The SOS guy couldn't back up his English anti Rangers claims just like English couldn't back up his claims that Jums Dundee banning was different, it just was.

Wilson and MacIntyre (?) Both made the usually worthwhile English seem petty and childish.

There must be two Richard Wilsons in the business. The one I keep coming across is a craw.

Was it not McGlauchlin that called Kevin Thomson a c**t? somebody at the BBC did, highly professional.

I have to admit that Houston suggesting English favours the other side (celtic I guess) was ludicrous though, he has obvious disdain for both Glasgow clubs.

It was on a jpg PIC wasn't it? Can't remember if it was his article of not. Stuff like that only helps with the view that they have an agenda against Rangers.

English has been one of the few to stand up and slate Celtic for ira shite, I think he just likes being controversial with Rangers.

Edit .. The SOS guy did say that to be involved in football you have to support a team and I kind if get where he was coming from but he played the English bit wrong.

Edited by bennett

I have to admit that Houston suggesting English favours the other side (celtic I guess) was ludicrous though, he has obvious disdain for both Glasgow clubs.

Agreed and it's usually at the heart of all this type of nonsense.

You must see how ridiculous it looks to most of us. The OF get vastly more coverage than the others. Most of it is positive and contributes to their bloody irritating ubiquity.

This notion that they're treated unfairly is just, just absurd.

Houston tried to cite the Mark Daly documentaries, the ones that highlighted the true nature of Whyte and saw PQ picketed by imbeciles.

He goes on about people paying licence fees - well most of us do that and our teams' matches are very rarely covered. He claims to just want Rangers treated equally - I guess he doesn't mean equally to Gretna.

It's absolutely nuts, yet he feels that he can claim to be able to speak for most Rangers fans. It's kind of worrying if he can.

The Mark Daly documentaries which claimed that Rangers were guilty of tax evasion and refused to acknowledge that Rangers might be cleared in the upcoming ftt case.

Praise where its due and criticism where its due.

The Mark Daly documentaries which claimed that Rangers were guilty of tax evasion and refused to acknowledge that Rangers might be cleared in the upcoming ftt case. Praise where its due and criticism where its due.

I thought Rangers admitted culpability in a number of EBT cases?