Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

What other reason would they play for Ireland?

McGeady always preferred Ireland over Scotland and McCarthy chose Ireland because the bigot Archie Knox refused repeatedly to pick him for the under 21s even though he was one of the best prospects in the country.

RHob KHiernn plays for plastic paddy land because hes not good enough for England.

Edited by THE KING

Out for a round this afternoon, one of our lads had invited this guy to play, who is staying nearby. An Aberdeen supporter who continued to whinge about Rangers for nearly 4 hours, what is wrong with these people?

I'll play a round with you all next time.

Meantime ..................

COME ON THE HIBEES !!!!!!! :thumsup2

The only people who seem to be bothered about kiernans nationality is the celtic fans on the thread , promising player who I hope continues to strengthen and enjoys his career at ibrox wether he is Irish or not

It is Rangers fans who refer to his type as plastics, and now for some reason cant handle him being called it?..strange.

The only people who seem to be bothered about kiernans nationality is the celtic fans on the thread , promising player who I hope continues to strengthen and enjoys his career at ibrox wether he is Irish or not

They need to get over themselves, utterly ridiculous that they can't accept him playing for Rangers.

Bullshit, both had the opportunity to play for Scotland, both said no for one reason or another.

Aiden McGeady had actually turned out for Scotland at youth level, but was unable to represent them further after he signed for Celtic. The club forbade any young player from turning out for their school side while the SFA at the time refused to select players who weren't affiliated to a schools team.

Due to this impasse McGeady believed he would just concentrate on his club career until he was older but a phone call from ex Celtic goalkeeper Pat Bonner inviting him to an Irish youths get together changed all that.

McCarthy's path to Ireland may have been less circulatory but it caused an even greater ill will amongst the tartan army. The story goes that he was overlooked for a Scotland under 17 squad in 2007 despite being watched by both Archie Knox and Ross Mathie who were overseers of the SFA youth system at the time. A few days later he was named in an Ireland under 17 squad for a match against Italy.

Asked to why he wasn't named for Scotland Mathie responded by saying the player had been approached by Ireland several months previously and it would go against the grain to approach a youngster who had already given the green light to the idea of representing another nation.

McCarthy was also interviewed back in 2007 where he stated that he just wanted to play international football and chose Ireland because they came in for him and Scotland didn't.

Aiden McGeady had actually turned out for Scotland at youth level, but was unable to represent them further after he signed for Celtic. The club forbade any young player from turning out for their school side while the SFA at the time refused to select players who weren't affiliated to a schools team.

Due to this impasse McGeady believed he would just concentrate on his club career until he was older but a phone call from ex Celtic goalkeeper Pat Bonner inviting him to an Irish youths get together changed all that.

McCarthy's path to Ireland may have been less circulatory but it caused an even greater ill will amongst the tartan army. The story goes that he was overlooked for a Scotland under 17 squad in 2007 despite being watched by both Archie Knox and Ross Mathie who were overseers of the SFA youth system at the time. A few days later he was named in an Ireland under 17 squad for a match against Italy.

Asked to why he wasn't named for Scotland Mathie responded by saying the player had been approached by Ireland several months previously and it would go against the grain to approach a youngster who had already given the green light to the idea of representing another nation.

McCarthy was also interviewed back in 2007 where he stated that he just wanted to play international football and chose Ireland because they came in for him and Scotland didn't.

Any time you want to know details about a celtic/the rangers player's career, just ask a the rangers/celtic fan.

Knox blew it over Mac.

MIX-UP ... James McCarthy Pic: Lynne Cameron/EMPICS Sport

PAUL HUGHES

6 years ago

THE man who tipped Scotland off about James McCarthy last night told Archie Knox to admit he blew the opportunity to snare the highly-rated midfielder.

George Gray McCarthys adviser and family friend shot down Knoxs claims in SunSport that he didnt snub Wigans £3million man.

Knox was SFA youth supremo three years ago when McCarthy failed to win a place in the Scotland set-up.

The veteran star-spotter insisted hed been told McCarthy had already decided to play for Ireland.

But last night Gray hit back: At the time Archie didnt think he was good enough.

I know this because he was sitting beside me watching him.

I wrote his name down on a piece of paper as I didnt want him thinking it was James McArthur he was watching rather than James McCarthy.

No ones crying over this mess, but Archie should just put his hands up and admit he made a mistake.

I have known him for years and Im not going to fall out with him over this.

But for him to say James had chosen the Republic of Ireland first is just NONSENSE. I warned Archie at the time James had an Irish grandfather and this could come back to haunt him.

A week later I was in the boardroom at Accies with Bill McMurdo when he told me Archie didnt fancy James.

That was his choice to make but it was only AFTER that the chance to play for Ireland came up.

Gray, who has been with McCarthy since he made his debut at just 15, added: Im a proud Scot and want the best players but Archie didnt rate him. Scotland could have had him if they wanted.

Its just a real crying shame they didnt.

Edited by THE KING

Knox blew it over Mac.

MIX-UP ... James McCarthy Pic: Lynne Cameron/EMPICS Sport

PAUL HUGHES

6 years ago

THE man who tipped Scotland off about James McCarthy last night told Archie Knox to admit he blew the opportunity to snare the highly-rated midfielder.

George Gray McCarthys adviser and family friend shot down Knoxs claims in SunSport that he didnt snub Wigans £3million man.

Knox was SFA youth supremo three years ago when McCarthy failed to win a place in the Scotland set-up.

The veteran star-spotter insisted hed been told McCarthy had already decided to play for Ireland.

But last night Gray hit back: At the time Archie didnt think he was good enough.

I know this because he was sitting beside me watching him.

I wrote his name down on a piece of paper as I didnt want him thinking it was James McArthur he was watching rather than James McCarthy.

No ones crying over this mess, but Archie should just put his hands up and admit he made a mistake.

I have known him for years and Im not going to fall out with him over this.

But for him to say James had chosen the Republic of Ireland first is just NONSENSE. I warned Archie at the time James had an Irish grandfather and this could come back to haunt him.

A week later I was in the boardroom at Accies with Bill McMurdo when he told me Archie didnt fancy James.

That was his choice to make but it was only AFTER that the chance to play for Ireland came up.

Gray, who has been with McCarthy since he made his debut at just 15, added: Im a proud Scot and want the best players but Archie didnt rate him. Scotland could have had him if they wanted.

Its just a real crying shame they didnt.

The fucks this got to do with rangers

We know, but your follow Rangers fans are saying his situation is the same as the 2 players mentioned, it's nothing like that. It is more like the handful of English players currently in the Scotland squad.

Kiernan can still play for England he still hasn't played a competitive game for Ireland :-P

Really couldnae give a f**k

Strange, I thought Rangers hated plastic traitors?

Going by your replies you do.

Again the only two people banging on about his nationality are yourselves , couldnae care less if he chooses to play for Ireland , England or Azerbaijan , as long as he continues to do a shift at Rangers

Edited by forever_blue