Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Knox blew it over Mac.

MIX-UP ... James McCarthy Pic: Lynne Cameron/EMPICS Sport

PAUL HUGHES

6 years ago

THE man who tipped Scotland off about James McCarthy last night told Archie Knox to admit he blew the opportunity to snare the highly-rated midfielder.

George Gray McCarthys adviser and family friend shot down Knoxs claims in SunSport that he didnt snub Wigans £3million man.

Knox was SFA youth supremo three years ago when McCarthy failed to win a place in the Scotland set-up.

The veteran star-spotter insisted hed been told McCarthy had already decided to play for Ireland.

But last night Gray hit back: At the time Archie didnt think he was good enough.

I know this because he was sitting beside me watching him.

I wrote his name down on a piece of paper as I didnt want him thinking it was James McArthur he was watching rather than James McCarthy.

No ones crying over this mess, but Archie should just put his hands up and admit he made a mistake.

I have known him for years and Im not going to fall out with him over this.

But for him to say James had chosen the Republic of Ireland first is just NONSENSE. I warned Archie at the time James had an Irish grandfather and this could come back to haunt him.

A week later I was in the boardroom at Accies with Bill McMurdo when he told me Archie didnt fancy James.

That was his choice to make but it was only AFTER that the chance to play for Ireland came up.

Gray, who has been with McCarthy since he made his debut at just 15, added: Im a proud Scot and want the best players but Archie didnt rate him. Scotland could have had him if they wanted.

Its just a real crying shame they didnt.

You claimed Archie Knox never picked him for sectarian reasons.

Reading that, it seems Archie Knox made a mistake in not spotting a 15yr old potential talent.

Celtic also had the chance to sign him before he went to Wigan. I'd consider that an even bigger f**k-up than Archie's.

Edited by Vanderlei

It's not that long since they banked the season ticket money so you needn't bother about that till at least Christmas

They shelled out a few fees and would've paid off a few people too.

They sold 10k less than hoped and have already paid June, July and August wages so I'd say they can't have too much cash floating round.

Have they told (bad guy) Ashley when he's getting his £5M back yet?

I know Dave is waiting for a more convenient time.

They shelled out a few fees and would've paid off a few people too.

They sold 10k less than hoped and have already paid June, July and August wages so I'd say they can't have too much cash floating round.

Have they told (bad guy) Ashley when he's getting his £5M back yet?

I know Dave is waiting for a more convenient time.

The Glib One said he'd make up the difference, so that 10k season ticket fail isn't a worry. I'm sure the bank transfer's just waiting to clear.

OLLOWING a meeting with the BBC the media privileges of Chris McLaughlin have been reinstated.

Rangers has received assurances from the BBC that their reporting of Rangers' affairs will be balanced.

RANGERS Football Club is pleased to confirm the appointment of Scott Steedman as Head of Commercial, initially on a fixed-term contract.

Scott has a wealth of experience in football and joins the Club following a successful period with the SPFL where he played an important role in securing Ladbrokes as the league’s title sponsor.

Before his spell at Hampden he was Head of Sales and Marketing at English Premier League side Southampton and has strong links with UEFA having fulfilled the role of External Venue Operations and Broadcast Manager since 2011.

Rangers Managing Director Stewart Robertson commented: “We are pleased to welcome Scott to Rangers as our new Head of Commercial.

“This is an area of the business that requires strengthening and Scott’s commercial and sponsorship experience will be an asset to the Club going forward. We wish him well in his new role.”

OLLOWING a meeting with the BBC the media privileges of Chris McLaughlin have been reinstated.Rangers has received assurances from the BBC that their reporting of Rangers' affairs will be balanced.

Balanced? So they'll still report the filthy bigoted element of your support, as well as who you beat on the Saturday?

You'd have been better off not posting, to be honest.

It was perfectly obvious from when Tedi said that The Beeb had climbed down then one of you Rangers-obsessed dolts would come along and say something like, "Ooooft what a capitulation by Rangers".

You happened to head the queue.

It was perfectly obvious from when Tedi said that The Beeb had climbed down then one of you Rangers-obsessed dolts would come along and say something like, "Ooooft what a capitulation by Rangers".

You happened to head the queue.

I thought you and I were above these rangers obsessed jibes. Gutted.