Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Jim Spence is having a field day today

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1446642963.076991.jpg

Why do so many **** think that HMRC have only won the right to appeal and not the appeal itself by the way? Who's feeding them their bullshit?

I'm guessing they are just reading this:

"we will accordingly allow HMRC’s appeal"

wrongly.

I just keep hoping pozbaird unchecked the "send notifications" on this thread. :lol:

Haven't been on here for a good while now... Just saw the tribute act's stadium pop up on a TV screen during the main BBC news programme and wondered what was going on.

So briefly reading some pages on here it appears to be currently The Rangers 2 HMRC 1. I assume one of the verdicts was a last minute dodgy verdict that was clearly offside.

Scottish Cup Semi :(

We'll take the 2000 Scottish Cup while we're at it. The Discount Option Scheme which was stomped on by HMRC, was operated up to 2001. It was proved beyond any reasonable doubt by HMRC that these were taxable payments that Deadco hid from the Taxman.

For some as yet unknown reason the SPL decided to lump the DOS and EBT rulings together without considering any of the DOS evidence. Funny that. Championees etc.

Edited by williemillersmoustache

Please correct me here.

Old Rangers have lost the Big Tax case and owe HMRC £42,000,000 now.

New Rangers don't need to pay anything as they are a new entity?

But how come SEVCO fans seem to think they are the same club? If they are they will have a £42 million Tax bill.

Please correct me here.

Old Rangers have lost the Big Tax case and owe HMRC £42,000,000 now.

New Rangers don't need to pay anything as they are a new entity?

But how come SEVCO fans seem to think they are the same club? If they are they will have a £42 million Tax bill.

Ahhh the Westcoastian question

I'm guessing they are just reading this:

"we will accordingly allow HMRC’s appeal"

wrongly.

And that is why they have been conned on every issue from the beginning of this saga.

Conclusion
[92] For the foregoing reasons we will accordingly allow HMRC’s appeal on the first ground advanced by them. On that basis we will answer the fourth question in the appeal in the affirmative, and hold that the First-tier Tribunal erred in allowing the original appeal and that the Upper Tribunal erred in refusing the appeal before it. The other questions in the appeal do not therefore arise. The assessments to PAYE have been correctly made, for the reasons already discussed. On that basis we will recall the orders of the First-tier and Upper Tribunals and affirm the determinations appealed against, including that relating to PAYE, with the exception of the determinations and decisions concerning Sir David Murray in relation to the Bel Azur property transaction, which is conceded by HMRC. We will reserve the question of expenses in view of the history of the appeals.