Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Spier's just repeated what his blogging pals have blogged and got hysterical whenever someone disagreed with them. Spier's just couldn't handle that what victor said was spot on.

Is there anyone not entirely sympathetic to Rangers, Bennett, who you don't think is entirely reliant on blogs?

Wilson successfully steered the discussion away from points that actually mattered. It was frustrating to hear it allowed by his opponent.

The footballers' offerings were just embarrassing.

Is there anyone not entirely sympathetic to Rangers, Bennett, who you don't think is entirely reliant on blogs?

Wilson successfully steered the discussion away from points that actually mattered. It was frustrating to hear it allowed by his opponent.

The footballers' offerings were just embarrassing.

Even if you don't have twitter, go and check spiers timeline, you'll see where he gets his ideas from.

Wilson was pretty balanced and was able to debate while Spiers shouted.

I seem to recall that back in 2012 when HMRC lost the Big Tax Case that the party line on here was that the verdict had no impact whatsoever on the SPFL tribunal and it should press ahead.

Seems to be really relevant again.

I actually agree with this. There is a relationship between the big tax case and title stripping, but in my view the latter needn't be reliant on the former.

I said this at FTTT time and I'm saying it now.

This latest verdict may provide impetus to re-visit the ruling, but I don't think it will.

I hope it does though, because I think LNS's decision was unjust.

'Winning it on the pitch' is embarrassing but comes way behind the Lance Armstrong/financial doping analogy.

That is cant of the highest order.

'Financial Doping' doesn't interest me as a concept. Many, many clubs have overspent. Rangers' sins are different and greater.

The Lance Armstrong analogy is crude, but parallels exist in terms of arguments over retrospective punishment.

^^^^ its been heard and the punishments have been handed out for it. I'm also pretty sure that the SPL agreed that there would be no going back on William Nimmo smith's verdict.

Finito..

You were saying the other day that you thought title stripping would happen.

It sounds here as if you've changed your mind on that. Have you?

You were saying the other day that you thought title stripping would happen.

It sounds here as if you've changed your mind on that. Have you?

No, I think it'll still happen. The online vocal minority/certain journos will keep on pushing until they get what they want, rules will be changed.

Yes, because I think his ruling was unjust.

I'm not sure that it can be though.

Didn't you have a go At rangers fans before the hearing because you thought they wouldn't accept the hearing and you felt that everyone should accept it?

Didn't you have a go At rangers fans before the hearing because you thought they wouldn't accept the hearing and you felt that everyone should accept it?

I really don't think so Bennett.

I might have done I suppose, but I don't think I did.

Show me some evidence and I'll obviously accept that I did, before saying I've changed my mind.

So no statements or charges then?

I have no idea why you are repeating this. Firstly I never claimed that there were any and secondly I have specifically addressed the issue ofcriminal behaviour and criminal charges.

I will save you the bother of your next post. I guess it will be something very similar to

So no statements or charges then?

Yes, because I think his ruling was unjust. I'm not sure that it can be though.

Difference between can and will.

Similar to there being no "mechanism" for the player registrations to be declared invalid, there is apparently no-way the verdict can be re-visited. If there is a will it can be done, I just don't believe there is anyone with enough mettle in a position of authority.

I laugh at the concept that title-stripping is somehow a punishment for Rangers, like it is something being done to them. The SPFL and the SFA, the competition, was corrupted and it is those competitions that were wronged. They should, as a matter of course, remove any club from the list of victors who cheated and won. It's a consequence, not a punishment.

Anyway. I think we've reached a new low on The BRALT tonight.

The easy accusations of 'rapists and criminals' is just desperate and shows how far we've detached from the rest of the board.

I don't know what the solution is but there has, surely, to be a way of discussing 'this' without taking everything to the brink of good taste and legality. Again!

Aye you need to watch that, no-one can see you grinning as you type and there's a curiously low offence threshold for some.

For the record there is always a smile on my face when I write here, you violent-knife-wielding-rapey-c***s.

Edited by williemillersmoustache

Difference between can and will.

Similar to there being no "mechanism" for the player registrations to be declared invalid, there is apparently no-way the verdict can be re-visited. If there is a will it can be done, I just don't believe there is anyone with enough mettle in a position of authority.

I laugh at the concept that title-stripping is somehow a punishment for Rangers, like it is something being done to them. The SPFL and the SFA, the competition, was corrupted and it is those competitions that were wronged. They should, as a matter of course, remove any club from the list of victors who cheated and won. It's a consequence, not a punishment.

Yes, I'd agree with all of that.

This probably does come down to whether the authorities have the stomach to do something bold.

This should properly be seen as about the competitions, rather than Rangers.

Anyway. I think we've reached a new low on The BRALT tonight.

The easy accusations of 'rapists and criminals' is just desperate and shows how far we've detached from the rest of the board.

I don't know what the solution is but there has, surely, to be a way of discussing 'this' without taking everything to the brink of good taste and legality. Again!

Most of us can manage that fine Kincardine.

Don't pretend the isolated crap evident tonight, is typical of exchanges on here.