Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I feel like Im being pedantic, but what we're trying to get to the bottom of is if the creditors can do anything to stop the assets transferring from the oldco to the newco.

HMRC can block the asset transfer if they petition to do so.

I feel like Im being pedantic, but what we're trying to get to the bottom of is if the creditors can do anything to stop the assets transferring from the oldco to the newco.

Isnt there first priority to maintain the business though? AndyM posted their responsibilities a few posts ago. In the MLM Solutions blog, they said that the responsibilities were hierarchical ie they dont move onto number 2 unless they know they cant achieve number 1.

Creditors have won in court before to stop a Newco scam.. My link

Perhaps.

Ticketus deserve all they get IMHO. Stupid company.

Very stupid indeed. No sympathy from me either.

Collyer Bristow won't be liable for anything, and I suspect that D&Ps know this fine well. Their action is simply a PR stunt to make it seem that they are pursuing all avenue. An utter farce.

Edited by Drooper

Who says they'll walk for free?

They will like every Scottish player in the league be available for transfer.

They'll also be part of RFC2012 rather than the debt ridden Oldco.

Ticketus's lawyers don't agree.

I think we're all presuming that they have clauses in their contract allowing them to do so, or at least for a negligible sum, negotiated as part of the pay cut deal

HMRC can block the asset transfer if they petition to do so.

On the basis that the assets are being undervalued?

The best thing I can say about Tranent is that they are not over burdened with scholarship and indeed it's a very shallow gene pool.

That's what my friend says and he works at the local high school so he may well have a bias

I know Tranent pretty well,your talking about Ross High, rough old spot, big rivallry with Haddington over the years I remember the "Civic Square Mob" from years ago,mostly Hibs casuals,pretty much all cousins lol

Have you seen the attendances this season in the SPL? The fans have deserted their own clubs in droves. Maybe if they actually went along to the games and put the money into their own clubs we wouldn't have such a stale boring league which is dominated by the only 2 clubs who fill their stadium every second week.

It is just too easy to point the finger of blame at the OF rather than trying to get the fans of other clubs back where they are needed.

If supporters of other clubs think they can harm Rangers in any way by not attending games they are deluded. I could not care less if any of them went back ever again. They only people they will be hurting will be their own clubs and if that is what they choose to do then so be it.

Typical Ranger w**k, everybody else's fault and never your own.

The Chattanooga perspective.. "They're anti catholic but they're not racists"

My link

Gordon Heaton

8 hours ago

-5 updown

Share | Flag

Good report but Rangers are not anti-catholic, they are anti-republican and loyal to the monarchy and the UK. Rangers are an inclusive and progressive club and look forward to welcoming even more Americans too our global family.

Straight from the ministry of propaganda, that one...

Gordon Heaton

8 hours ago

-5 updown

Share | Flag

Good report but Rangers are not anti-catholic, they are anti-republican and loyal to the monarchy and the UK. Rangers are an inclusive and progressive club and look forward to welcoming even more Americans too our global family.

Straight from the ministry of propaganda, that one...

It's ok, it's already been posted and a few of us (I suspect :ph34r:) have put up the counter argument.

Who says they'll walk for free?

They will like every Scottish player in the league be available for transfer.

They'll also be part of RFC2012 rather than the debt ridden Oldco.

Serious question, the SPL may or may not agree to a transfer of share to the newco, that much is known. The SFA may or may not agree to a transfer of licence to the newco, that much is also known. There is, at the moment, an embargo on registering any player over the age of 18 years placed upon Rangers which transfers over to the newco, we know this. Under TUPE legislation the terms and conditions of players contracts can and have to be transfered to a newco should the player (employee) wish but should the player (employee) not wish to be employed by a newco he is free to walk away from the newco without sanction, this is the law. Players are registered to a club and their registrations held by that club for the term of their contract, simple enough, but when a player's registration is transfered to a newco does the embargo prevent the newco from registering said player? In other words, can a newco Rangers register oldco Rangers players when an embargo is in place?

Edited by stonedsailor

The idea in a hive down is that the companies are merged back together at some point. As far as I can tell, that's the only difference.

I'd have thought the same laws would apply for setting up the Newco. If, for example, the creditors thought the Administrators were undervaluing the assets they could appeal to the courts for a remedy including sacking the Administrators. It could work differently in Scotland of course..

Is it just me or do Rangers fans have a new found sense of 'we don't do integrity, deal with it'?

They seem to be completely unashamed about this whole business and the way they plan on dealing with it.

The way they reacted to the SFA was nothing short of childish and to blame everyone around for kicking them when they are down, well what do you want people to do?

If you ran over a kid whilst blind drunk and speeding you couldn't just use 'i will live with the guilt forever' as a means to avoid prison. You have to be punished.

As it stands with Rangers' attitude we would be as well ripping up our entire rulebook and just see what we feel like doing when someone does something.

The old firm attitude is 'we are special cases and deserve sympathy' so why not just play it by ear from now on?

Typical Ranger w**k, everybody else's fault and never your own.

I think you will find it is the Diddy 'supporters' who are passing the buck here...Everything is the big bad Rangers fault. :lol: :lol:

I support the Worlds most successful football club...I am not looking to blame anybody for anything. Ya fucking daftie :lol:

The Chattanooga perspective.. "They're anti catholic but they're not racists"

My link

Re the Miller quote "from now on, Rangers will live within its means - no excuses"

Is that not the line Calum Melville pedalled at Dens on a regular basis, before he was found out?

It wasn't a reporter, it was blue bigot mouthpiece Keith Jackson. I thankfully just caught a bit of this morning's propaganda but did hear the b*****d dramatically pronounce..The Old Firm IS Scottish football. Naturally Alky Brazil immediately agreed.

Jackson did mention the everyone else eg Dundee Utd bit but naturally failed to mention the rules would immediately changed after Rangers are saved to prevent anyone else doing it too.

The Scouser was excellent. God knows how he got through to speak on air. Brazil didn't have a clue and couldn't get rid of him quickly enough.

In fairness Brazil doesn`t normally have a clue...

... with the greatest respect laugh.gif

Edited by Desert Nomad