Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Just me, FB and rob left then.

If young FB is as sensible as I suspect he is then he will kick you and rob right into touch.

Just on the grounds that you are a pair of absolute roasters and being associated with either one of you would be the worlds biggest rid neck.

Why was the club vs. company debate relevant to this case anyway? Judging by this old article, the clause said "Club or the company", so it would seem that Green had all bases covered in this regard.

Wish I could listen to the whole argument instead of just those tweets, I wonder why Green's council went into this.

The old article with the clause, from November: http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-34932541

And this is only a preliminary case about expenses and we already have law Lords dismissing the same club shite, just wait till we get to Sir Craig's story, and the meaty bit about Greens CVA failing resulting in liquidation,another year ahead of laughing at the zombies, wonderful.

And this is only a preliminary case about expenses and we already have law Lords dismissing the same club shite, just wait till we get to Sir Craig's story, and the meaty bit about Greens CVA failing resulting in liquidation,another year ahead of laughing at the zombies, wonderful.

And Green, who created the new company, having his legal team describe the club's existence as an idea only in the hearts of die hard fans.

And Green, who created the new company, having his legal team describe the club's existence as an idea only in the hearts of die hard fans.

Kick in the baws, seeing as he was the one who invented the same club myth, now arguing in court it was bullshit...ooffft

Since they've now had 4 years without success and it's going to be a few years yet before they can pull themselves out of the financial mess they're in, I wonder if a generation of glory-hunters will be lost. Their current full-houses must have some foundation in backs-to-the-wall-up-ye behavior but will there be a dip in 10 or 20 years from now, a lost generation?

(Legal note: the above does not necessarily constitute any recognition of unbroken continuity and also stretches credibility in assuming that they'll survive for the next 10 years.)

There are those of us who well remember the barren years of the early 80's and the emergence of the 'new firm' when we were really struggling as a club.

We certainly weren't a generation of glory hunters that the club then lost due to a lack of success on the park. Most of us are still here in numbers over 30 years later.

There isn't the money to fund another Souness style revolution so we'll just have to be patient, build from within and be smart in the transfer market. There's no reason at all why we shouldn't be able to compete as a stable club in the top tier. The support is the club's biggest asset, it ensures our future. Our fan base is aware of its responsibility, of that I am sure.

What responsibility? Did this just begin 3 years ago or was there a reason that the fans allowed liquidation?

You think the fans could have stumped up for the reported £120m tax bill that was supposedly in the post (and then buy the club) when no other investor would touch it with a barge pole!?

The fans continued loyal support has been the only shining light in this whole debacle. It is the sole reason we are still here.

There are those of us who well remember the barren years of the early 80's and the emergence of the 'new firm' when we were really struggling as a club.

We certainly weren't a generation of glory hunters that the club then lost due to a lack of success on the park. Most of us are still here in numbers over 30 years later.

There isn't the money to fund another Souness style revolution so we'll just have to be patient, build from within and be smart in the transfer market. There's no reason at all why we shouldn't be able to compete as a stable club in the top tier. The support is the club's biggest asset, it ensures our future. Our fan base is aware of its responsibility, of that I am sure.

weirdly to opposite of what DK promised..£5/10m this season to ensure Rangers were ready to challenge Celtic and not just be also rans

This utter shit makes me laugh each time we're treated to it.

During the "barren" years you refer to, Rangers won four League Cups, reached a couple of Scottish Cup finals and didn't once fail to get into Europe.

For nearly every Scottish club, this would represent an absolute golden age.

You guys haven't a bloody clue.

A couple of posters have been "asked" to take a couple of days away from the forum to consider if they want to continue posting here or not.
I hope they come back.
I probably should point out, though, that the "warning" the other day was in no way aimed solely at Rangers fans.

The fact that youre still here is evidence enough that your first statement isnt true, I would have thought - and we all know how much you Rangers fans like your evidence.

As for the second part, if you see something that breaks the forum rules, report it and it will be dealt with.

As you're taking this moralistic stance over phrases such as 'green yins', does this also mean that terms like 'currant buns' and 'The Klan' which are thrown about here just about every day by certain posters are going to be banned from this forum? The term 'The Klan' is quoted on here by one poster in particular on a regular basis, it's a term that is derogatory and offensive, so let's see some consistency of banning on all these phrases or terms of speech by yourself and the other mods.