F.C. Pro Vercelli 1892

Smurph

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Parma have scored 101 goals in 35 games. :o

Céderic Bakambu has scored 44 league goals in 31 league appearances. He's an absolute beast.

However, just like Maringá, he's injured for the end of the season. Only he's out for six weeks - not eight months...

Week 36

xhmsG.png

They all kicked off at the same time. We played Fiorentina away, Inter played Pescara at home and Parma travelled to Udine.

Nathan Murray, the Arsenal loanee is in space in the middle...

He plays a brilliant ball up field and finds Esposito...

hdUBX.png

Esposito with the shot...

GOAL!

1-0 to Pro Vercelli! Esposito with an astute finish past Dubus in the Fiorentina goal.

Vandam on the right wing, hits in a hopeful cross into the Pro box...

...and it finds Escobar in space!

KDulX.png

Escobar gets the equaliser! He just has to tap it in! 1-1 here at the Artemio Franchi!

The half finished 1-1 with both teams fairly even.

Nathan Murray plays another excellent ball to Alessio Esposito...

KqhWp.png

...and he applies the finish again for his fourth of the season. 2-1 Pro Vercelli!

Mario Toplek gets the free kick and lines it up twenty yards from goal.

8YyCM.png

Oh! What a finish from Toplek! Straight from the free kick he curls it round the wall and the goalkeeper didn't move! Superb strike! 3-1 to Pro Vercelli!

And it finished Fiorentina 1-3 Pro Vercelli!

STlo3.png

A fairly even game but our finishing was far superior and it showed in the win. Good three points.

0CF1T.png

Inter Milan and Parma also pick up the three points each so no change at the top of the table. Two games left, six points to go.

l6cGe.png

COME ON!

Argh! You stopped before the final 2 matches? How could you?

Even a football manager needs his beauty sleep.

Week 37

Empoli v Inter Milan

Parma v Napoli

Pro Vercelli v Mantova

EjhGB.png

A fairly solid win for Pro Vercelli. Toprak scored again, a Le Moal brace and substitute Benetti getting the final goal. Mantova get a consolation in what was otherwise a comfortable win.

We had done our job, but how did the other teams fare?

QxQGx.png

A solid win for Inter - however, with my win, it means that they're out the title race and cannot win the league!

How did Parma get on?

They needed a win.

A loss would see them out of the title race and Pro Vercelli would win the league.

A draw would see them lose it too. They needed the three points.

yOQp7.png

VHRlF.png

jLaR5.png

yIab7.png

And there we have it. Pro Vercelli are champions of Italy for the eighth time.

YYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

End of season report 2020/2021

Our final league game was a fairly boring 0-0 draw with Roma but Parma drew 1-1 with Bari so we were fine.

The final league table looked like this:

0ciHx.png

Holders - Pro Vercelli has a nice ring to it.

You could argue we were lucky. Parma drew a lot of games and we lost seven, but what we used to draw we turned into wins and that's incredibly important. We had the third best attack in the league (with Maringá for the full season I reckon we could have been second) and the best defence too. Our points total, 89, was the best in any Serie A season since I took charge though, so based on that we definitely deserved to win it.

HTFdX.png

I think that part is excellent. As I've said time and time again - I want to focus on getting young players and building a team out of them. I've had some experienced players like Sashi Chalwe and Giampaolo Pazzini in and out the team throughout the years, but this season the oldest player was Vittoro Ferrero (30) and he's been here since my second season in charge. It's incredible how quickly they've gelled though and all came together. I'm going to give a list and talk about each of the players and how they've fared.

5pXYs.png

Here we have the goalkeepers. Buonagura was the only one to make any appearances this season and played in all 50 of our games. His average rating of 6.93 is decent and he'll get better yet. He conceded 32 goals in all competitions which is really good, but what's even better is that he had 27 clean sheets. In over 50% of our games we went without conceding a single goal. He deservedly picked up a man of the match award 4 times throughout the season. It wasn't just him, though, it was the excellent defence too.

Fxm7k.png

Balaj and Trotta were mainly the right-backs this term. Balaj made most of the appearances but injury got to him towards the end and Trotta finished off the season very brightly. I don't play down the wings so I don't know how Balaj managed to rack up 7 assists but I can't complain. They both worked excellently at right back and obviously helped attacking wise too. Balaj has been at the club for seven seasons now and has been excellent in each, but perhaps Trotta will nudge him out of his place in the near future. We'll need to see.

On the other side of defence we had Cameroon superstar Jean-Paul Leonard. He's been here for six years now after being signed for a sum of €35K from Coton Sport. I've just ha to reject an offer of €25M from Arsenal for him. The first two seasons he was here he was used sporadically but he's improved amazingly and I hope he's here for years to come. I don't want to ever have to replace him.

We played mainly with Reinaldo and club captain Pererya in the centre of defence. The two South American's soon formed an excellent partnership and our defence was sorted. 11 goals between them is an excellent tally and they rarely made a mistake in defence too. Carlos Valencia was drafted in to centre back when Leonard was on international duty, so Reinaldo went to the left where he's equally as good. Valencia wasn't great but he's still young and I'm sure he'll be excellent soon. It's going to be tough to keep a hold of these three players but I'm sure the chance of Champions League football will be enough to keep them again. Ferrero rarely got a chance and I don't like that, but he isn't good enough any more. He's the longest serving member at the club now but I might need to try and find a new home for him.

6VEME.png

Midfield is probably my favourite position. We play with one defensive midfielder and three central midfielders who push up. Rizzi was utilised in both these positions and came off the bench most of the time. He usually came on as other players tired and added a bit more life into the team. His two goals were screamers and he grabbed a few assists too. The main defensive midfielder was Anthony Ritter though. He had a superb season. It's hard to judge the role that he does but he continuously stops attacks coming down the middle and acts as a guard to the defence. His only goal was a penalty but he's a corner superstar and racked up 11 assists this season.

In the centre, I usually fielded Dolci, Hauck and Murray, until Toplek came into the team. All four players were absolutely amazing this season. Excluding Toplek, the three of them made 34 assists between them all and none of them are set piece takers. This was Dolci's 6th season at the club and he's getting better and better though Flavio Roma doesn't seem to agree. Hauck was a cheap signing at only €2.7M but he's the heart of the defence and although he may have only scored the one time this season (opposed to his ten last) he's still got it when it comes to assists and got eleven this time. Murray is a player I love but hate at the same time. I love him because he's helped us so much over the last season and a half, scoring five times and assisting thirteen - but he just won't sign another contract at the club! I might try and loan him again next season. We'll see what happens. I need to mention Toplek again. €20M is a ridiculous amount for one player for a club our size, but he's not failed at his second spell. Four goals and two assists in just the 11 appearances is excellent from the Croatian, and I look forward to seeing him in action again next season where he's going to get better. A special mention has to go to Erdozia who didn't do too badly at all and did well to cover people when they were injured.

The guys assists weren't for nothing though.

fVgid.png

All of our strikers, bar the very young Ambrosi, had an excellent season I feel. Ambrosi didn't actually do too badly for someone his age, but both his goals came in the one game and came off the bench most of the time.

Maringá. I can't believe I managed to sign this guy on a free transfer. 32 goals in 33 appearances and 12 assists into the bargain. What a player he is. He finished absolutely everything and I hope he comes back and fires them in again when he recovers from his injury.

Benoit Le Moal. He had an incredible season. Maringá plays as the poacher and Le Moal is the grafter. He may have scored less and assisted less but he played an incredible role and scored some very vital goals this season. He ended up the clubs top goalscorer in the league and deserves the plaudits. Flavio Roma doesn't seem to rate him which is strange.

Benetti and Esposito did very well to grab a few goals. They came off the bench a few times and grabbed a few goals. Both are still very young and have a lot of potential to fulfil so I hope they can improve again next season.

xRvgM.gif

And there we have it. Pro Vercelli win their 8th Scudetto trophy, exactly 99 years since they lifted their last one. Let's hope they don't need to wait as long for their next Scudetto - and hopefully, just maybe, the Champions League.

XwheF.png

Pro Vercelli captain Leandro Pereyra lifting up the clubs' first Serie A trophy in 99 years

A genuine thanks to everyone who's been following this and giving praise. It feels quite cheesy saying that but it's true. I'm really enjoying this game so far (though, I'd take those words with a pinch of salt because I don't know how much longer I'll go) and it makes it a lot better if other people are enjoying it too.

Pre-season 2021/2022

So after our championship winning season we're back to the start and trying to do it again.

We only released on first team player and that was De Goisa. He has rarely featured in goal recently so he left in search of first team football. There was the usual mass sending of loans but I won't name the names. Mostly the same players as last season. I was quite tempted by this though...

sOOG9.png

We had paid €20M for him just the six months ago and Inter Milan offered that much for him. The board never accepted it though, and I would have had to have found another star midfielder, so I rejected it. It was a tough move to make so I hope he doesn't get injured in the first few matches!

gvbba.png

And that's who we brought in.

"Rémi Salles?!" I hear you cry?

8azc0.png

That is correct. The midfield maestro is back with a point to prove. He was only at Bordeaux for one and a half years but I thought it was time to get him back. €27M is a hefty fee but he means that I didn't need to faff about and try and get Murray back from Arsenal. It wasn't paid all at once. I'm delighted I've managed to get him back.

IUiZ8.png

Káká is not the Káká, but in fact a Brazilian right-back. He cost us quite a chunk of our budget but he's a better player than Balaj is (who spends this season on loan at Mallorca) and we still have Trotta as back up. He should be very good though and has the potential to become better than he is now.

jRRiH.png

The final signing was Wolfgang Hain. I've had my eyes on him for a while but I decided just to go for it and sign him up. He will be used where Maringá should be played and hopefully he can form a good partnership with Le Moal. I expect him to actually be Benoit's replacement in the first-team as he's rated a lot higher but we'll see how he performs. He could well be a flop...

That was it. Just the three signings this season, but all should improve the squad immensely.

CR396.png

Pre-season was fairly uninspiring. I wanted a few easy games instead of what we had last season and we dealt with them fairly comfortably. The game against Atletico Madrid was obviously a challenge and we got a decent 2-2 draw out of it. It should be a good Champions League experience, because...

MZDeW.png

...that is our Champions League group. We're third seeds so I don't know why we're placed second but hey. That's quite tough.

In other news, we managed to win the Super Cup incredibly comfortably!

n6OAs.png

And that's about it. This season's going to be quite tough again. The Scudetto has been won, that was last seasons aim. That's old news. We have the championship title t-shirts. Il Bianco Leoni are hungry for more.

Untitled-1copy.png

Archived