F.C. Pro Vercelli 1892

Smurph

March 2020

Please turn it around.

gVKCe.png

Injuries hit us hard in defence and midfield against Bari and before the game I had to recall a few youths from their loan spells to make up the numbers. It started well as we went in the lead, but our inexperience saw us pick up a horrible result. However, Maringá came back from his holiday in Brazil, and he is sublime. Honestly, I might just offer him all the money I have to make him sign a new contract. This is the type of player we've been needing and he's been exceptional, and I reckon he's going to get better. He's put Le Moal out of the team (Pazzini is playing alongside Maringá because he assists more and drops deeper). You cannot go wrong with seven goals in four games since his return. We've been brilliant recently. Long may it continue.

ksvOm.png

It's tight up here. Seven more games to play, but three of them are against the top three. We'll see how it goes, though. A top half finish would still be excellent, but I really want more.

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheers lad. Glad you're enjoying it.

April 2020

Look at him.

TPhNs.png

LOOK AT HIM.

MVh5L.png

LOOK AT THAT. JUST. LOOK. AT. THAT.

SEVEN GOALS IN FOUR GAMES. SIXTEEN GOALS IN SIXTEEN GAMES.

He is simply unstoppable. Why did he come here? He could get games at Real Madrid and would be exceptional. Why Pro Vercelli? I don't know. What I do know is, that he has signed a new contract at Pro, and this extends his stay from 2022 to 2024. His minimum release clause has also went from €8.5M to €20.5M, although I would like that to be A LOT higher.

The other players have been performing sensationally too - not just him. Hauck has hit form again, Ritter and Murray (guy on loan from Arsenal - I've never mentioned him before, but he's just back-up (though he does has potential to be one of the best players in the world just not yet, and he doesn't want to come full-time)) getting their first goals, and Le Moal sneaked up with one.

Edit- Oh, and see the game against Milan, not only did Maringá get a hat-trick - he also got a goal ruled offside. Oh, and Dolci hit the bar three times. Wow.

So, how does this leave the league?

fMtFW.png

I still don't quite believe this.

Season 2019/2020

xpH8l.png

Great performance against Palermo, and then slightly disappointing ones against Parma and Udinese, but still not too bad.

The game against Udinese was a little emotional, actually. Disabato and De Paolo's contracts are up at the end of the season and I don't think I'm going to be renewing them. They have both been at the club for ten years - and this is simply amazing. Sadly, they're just not good enough for cutting it up at the top of the league, and I'd rather they could still get first team football. They have both been incredible. In the game against Udinese, I put them both on as substitutes in the 80th minute (10 minutes to go/10 years of service) for their final appearances for the club.

m0DkR.png

And there we have it. The Serie A table.

To go from 16th to 3rd in one season is simply outstanding. I knew we were going to do better, but not anything like what we have done. Some of the performances were incredible. We beat Juventus and AC Milan (twice!) and held our own against the very best that Italy has to offer. I didn't expect anything like this. Imagine how different it could have been if we never went through that horrible spell again? We had the third best defence in the league and the third best goal different overall.

These are the lads that have done it.

bvxg8.png

I don't think I really need to say much about that. Just take in all that information. They all performed admirably (De Paolo and two strikers who never got games) aren't mentioned in this. Everyone was excellent - and just look at how young they are too.

And thus concludes the season.

It's been incredible as I've said before. It's obviously now the close season and what I need to do is keep the majority of these players together to improve yet again next season and see what we can do in Serie A.

Not just Serie A though.

cfG0Y.png

Europe: Bianchi are coming.

You might even get in the paper over there Smurph.

There was some American guy doing a FIFA career with Swindon Town on youtube and I'm sure he was in the local newspaper or the program :lol:

Forza Smurph!

Archived