F.C. Pro Vercelli 1892

Smurph

Ninety-three minutes

It's last chance saloon for Brazil now. They need to just get up the park as they have no time left at all. Santos in goals throws to to Reinaldo, who launches the ball up the park...

g4xxY.jpg

...and that's it! The final whistle has gone...

41aBZ.png

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

6qNEo.png

LdrZy.png

And there we have it. Italy have won the World Cup, with Mazzon, Antonioli, Piovanelli, Salles, Palmieri and Eposito playing in the final (Russo on the bench), representing Pro Vercelli, which was more than half the starting eleven. That's what I wanted. I wanted to win the World Cup with Pro Vercelli. There was nothing else for me to do with the actual Pro club, we were dominating Europe and the world, so I had to find something else to do - and that was to win the greatest and most acclaimed trophy in football with as many club players as possible. Not every player in that Italy side was a Pro player, but that's nigh on impossible to replicate unless I just buy them all - and that's not what I wanted to do. I could go on and invest even more heavily in the youth system and play for another sixteen years and have ever player in the national team having played for Pro Vercelli since they were two years old, but I sadly don't have the time for that.

In real life, starting in around 1910 when the Italian national side was being formed, the Italian squad had nine Pro Vercelli players representing the club. This was obviously a time before the World Cup was founded and there were no official international tournaments, so they were unable to represent their country and win trophies at the same time. Today, however, I feel I have done the Pro Vercelli players of old justice, and participate in it with as many players as possible playing for the Italian national side, and of course, winning the trophy.

Italy captain and Pro Vercelli midfielder Remi Salles holding the World Cup trophy aloft after beating Brazil 1-0 in the final.

wP5E3.jpg

orgreenic cookware set Do you know if any BIA devices have electronic intefaces so that an appliance, such as Mirth, could be ytlized to convert patient BIA data and transmit using a standard (not sure if HL7 applies?) to be automatically imported into a patient EMR? God Bless Dick Clark...Back in the 80s i had the Pleasure to work for Dick Clark's company and met Him on Several occasions He was very Nice to me<br />God Bless<br /> Double C Here, here, T & L does grow the finest Living Walls and Green Roofs IN THE WORLD. And I can say that because I have worked with numerous growers over the years for my garden designs, as well as been lucky enough to travel and see fantastic green designs, and I have never seen anyone do it better. Their meticulous attention to detail, extraordinary horticulture knowledge, perfect maintenance program and passionate collaborative spirit made this all. Richard, to have come so far, is a sign of your determination to do what you believe is what God truly meant for you to do in your life~ use your real talents. I am honoured to know you. When I refer to the apple users as sheep I say that because it SEEMS like the simplicity makes you blind to the influence these machines gain over you. For instance you look at the response you guys had to a new product you knew nothing about? People pre ordering and waiting out side for it like its the cure for aids. I'm not conspiracy theorist who thinks this is the frame work for skynet but I do think yall Mac characters act like sheep. Could be just me though

You have defiled this celebration of football.

Have you won the Euro's or the Confederations Cup like said above!?

Or even better, have you won on a cold winters night in Stoke? Well, have you?

I haven't won either of those, but the World Cup is the pinnacle. No-one aims for the Euros or the Confederations Cup. The World Cup is the crème de la crème.

I reckon a fitting way to end this thread is a screenshot of your HOF entry and final honours list as manager of Pro Vercelli, Italy and Belgium.

I was planning on doing something like that today but I napped in between shifts and don't have the time any more. I'll try and rustle something up tonight whilst watching the NFL and post it on Monday afternoon.

My thread has been spammed. Does this mean I've made it?

Win the European Super Cup

Win the World Club Championship

Retain the Champions League

Replace Inter as best club in Italy

Win that World Cup with your Pro Vercelli flavoured Italy team

Forameus' check-list has been completed. 5/5 done. Initially it has started as getting Pro Vercelli into Serie A for the first time since 1932, instead it led to fifteen seasons of Italian domination. It never started like that. We propelled through the leagues and my initial target had been completed in five seasons but I wanted more. I wanted that title. We suffered heartbreak when we were relegated in our first season back in the top flight, but I vowed to change that, and we won Serie B the next season. It took us a while to find our feet and in our second season in A we finished 16th. In our third? 3rd. In our 4th? We won it. Ten seasons it took from languishing in the lower regions of the Italian footballing system to becoming Serie A champions for the first time since 1922. There was no stopping the Pro Vercelli train, and after tasting Europe for the first time the season before, we wanted to dominate that. We won the Europa League the season after and finished high in the league again, and that was great, but there was one trophy that alluded us - and that was the Champions League. No fear, though, as Pro continued and won the Serie A again, and won the Champions League too. Two more seasons of complete and utter domination, winning the Serie A title and the Champions League three times in a row, we still wanted more, and there was only one way to do that - to win the World Cup. An Italian side with no less than seven Pro Vercelli players took on this challenge, and defeated Brazil in the final. That was it. There wasn't anything else to do...

IOpDm.png

That was it. The Pro Vercelli journey was over. After 15 years in charge there was nothing else for me to do and it was time for me to leave. It was time for someone else to take charge. That person could be you, if you really want to. I've put the save file on Rapidshare (

click) for you to download and play - or just look around. It should take around five minutes on an average broadband speed. I'm not too bothered about what you do, but it saves me from having to post screenshots of absolutely everything. If you want me to post a screenshot of something, don't hesitate to ask, but I thought it would be cool if you could have a look around for yourself. Just remember it's FM2011. I'm still manager in the save so you can look at tactics and stuff if you want, but the resignation is more to signal the end of the thread, and I don't really know how to end something like this.

djchapsticks suggested finishing on my Hall of Fame entry and my list of achievements, so here goes. In Italy-

yMAD3.png

Best manager to have ever managed in Italy, apparently. Bettering Trapattoni and Lippi. The world?

799e1.png

Trapattoni trumps me this time, by a solitary point, but I'll take the bronze medal. I never thought I'd get to the stage where I was 3rd best manager in the world. I'll definitely take being the 2nd greatest ever Scottish manager. How many of those managers have the Supercoppa di Lega di Seconde Divisione though? Exactly.

EGkti.png

There's a list of them on the very first post too which I've been editing since I started. I just read through the whole thread again before writing this and I forgot so much about what happened during the career. I completely forgot that Mario Balotelli had an unsuccessful stint at the club, and Sashi Chalwe was captain in the Serie B winning season. It got me thinking, so I'm going to compile a Pro Vercelli best eleven of my own.

Giovanni Mazzon

Giamarco Corsini - Vittorio Ferrero - Andrea De Paola - Jean-Paul Leonard

Donato Disabato

Rémi Salles - Mario Toplek - Christoph Hauck

Maringá - Benoit Le Moal

That was a lot tougher than I thought, actually. Mazzon gets in because he's been one of the best regens in the game and I chased him for years. Corsini was back in the beginning and he was a wonderful right-back. Ferrero and De Paola don't need explaining. Both are still Juventus youths, Ferrero on loan at San Marino Calcio and De Paola at Carrarese. I really hope they make it in real life and become superstars (just noticed: De Paola, in this whole career, has been going by the name De Paolo!). Jean-Paul Leonard cost me €80K. Disabato was a rock in midfield and was brilliant in the time he spent at the club. Not as much assists as Ritter (who narrowly misses out) but he helped us since the C2 days. Salles and Toplek. Both cost lots of money, both sold for massive profit, both bought back again. Two fantastic footballers. Hauck is probably the most subtly brilliant footballer in the game. Le Moal was our first striker who got goals constantly and Maringá, well... perhaps the greatest free transfer in the history of world football. My favourite player in the whole game and it's an honour to be beside him, finally...

TSSO7.png

A club legend at long last.

QjlIO.png

A massive thank you to South Lanarkshire Jag for the top, and a massive thank you for reading. Forza Pro Vercelli.

Archived