Islam Feruz

Post traumatic syndrome after recent choke acts. I'm built like Armand One if he was under 6 foot, white and didn't eat for 6 months

Ah, I'm the same, with longer hair. I'd describe myself as a 9 stone Akinfenwa. :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

Sky Sports understands Chelsea are in talks with Islam Feruz about a new deal, with a number of Premier League rivals weighing up moves for the teenager. Arsenal, Manchester United, Manchester City, Liverpool, West Ham and Fulham are all monitoring his contract situation, while West Brom, Crystal Palace, Wigan, Brighton, QPR, Birmingham, Reading, Bolton and Blackpool are all believed to have expressed an interest in taking Feruz on loan.

He's nowhere near good enough to play in the Premier League yet so if he goes on loan a move to the Championship would be better for him I reckon.

Yeah you've got to imagine he'll eventually go out on loan to prove himself as he'll be 18 in this upcoming season, Chelsea don't seem the type of club that will give him many chances in the first team, apart from the odd League Cup appearance

Chelsea have a shockingly bad record of bringing kids through. There must be one or two I've forgotten but struggling to recall a single one since Terry who has been any good.

I don't think there is anyone. In fact the only player I can remember coming through their ranks in recent years is Ryan Bertrand, and he's fairly pish

They have decent youth players. The side that beat us in the Yoof Cup Final two or three years ago was the best youth team I've ever seen. They'd rather just spend £10-£20 million on filling a problem position rather than take a chance and stick a youngster in. Maybe the attractions of Landan don't help either.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ex-Celtic footballer Islam Feruz has appeared in court charged with dangerous driving.

The 17-year-old Chelsea striker appeared from custody at Glasgow's Justice of the Peace Court yesterday.

He allegedly drove at excessive speed, repeatedly braked sharply at pedestrian crossings, repeatedly accelerated, and drove on the opposite carriageway at a bend on George Street, Glasgow, with poor visibility in a BMW 3-series.

Feruz, from London, also faces a charge of driving with only a provisional licence and without 'L' plates and a qualified driver with him, on December 30 last year.

He is also accused of driving without insurance.

The former Celtic youth player pled not guilty to the charges when he appeared, represented by defence lawyer Matthew Berlow.

He was released on bail and the hearing was continued until a date later this year.

Feruz was discovered by Celtic and joined their youth academy at 10 years old.

He was playing in the under-14 team at 11 years old.

His debut match for Celtic was in 2009 when he made an appearance in Tommy Burns' memorial match.

Born in Somalia, Feruz moved to Glasgow with his family in 2002 and has since become a British citizen.

Feruz was the first footballer to benefit from a rule change in 2009 and played for Scotland at youth level after a ruling that allowed British passport holders to represent any of the home nations, as long as they had been in education for five years.

In September 2011, he joined Chelsea after rejecting a professional contract at Celtic.

Only 18 but played over 40 games on loan at Watford last season, rumoured to be going out on loan to a Premiership club this season.

I think there's another good prospect called Ake. He played a few games for them last season and looked quite good

I don't think there is anyone. In fact the only player I can remember coming through their ranks in recent years is Ryan Bertrand, and he's fairly pish

Yeah he's Pish.

Ex-Celtic footballer Islam Feruz has appeared in court charged with dangerous driving.

He's a fud.

Talking about Chelsea's youth they have that young boy Nathaniel Chalobah coming through, he looks like a good prospect.

There's also Jamal Blackman who's a goalie, who's relativly decent. Would finally solve Chelsea's problem - They'd have a decent backup goalie.

There's also Jamal Blackman who's a goalie, who's relativly decent. Would finally solve Chelsea's problem - They'd have a decent backup goalie.

What problem? They have Schwarzer as a more than capable replacement if Cech get injured or suspended. After this season coming, Courtois will be ack in contention for a number one spot.

• 2 months later...

Was watching highlights from some of Chelsea's u21 games last night and Jeeeeesus this guy looks good.

He could fit in behind Fletcher in years to come once Maloney's form has inevitably petered out.

He's had interest from Barcelona - which would be a fantastic move for him considering the success of every other youngster they've brought through.

Genuinely very exciting prospect.

Apologies for digging this thread up again, I'm aware most people are probably sick of hearing about this lad.

Was watching highlights from some of Chelsea's u21 games last night and Jeeeeesus this guy looks good.

He could fit in behind Fletcher in years to come once Maloney's form has inevitably petered out.

He's had interest from Barcelona - which would be a fantastic move for him considering the success of every other youngster they've brought through.

Genuinely very exciting prospect.

Apologies for digging this thread up again, I'm aware most people are probably sick of hearing about this lad.

Bojan.....