Mad Men

I am enjoying it to be fair, I don't know why as there isn't really much action happening but I still feel the need to watch episode after episode.

It's a strange show to be fair ,as much as I don't want to put ou off but the not much happening thing kind of continues up to the present ,still good though.

Roger's my favourite. Some hilarious lines!

Agree. He's a fantastic character.

I still crack up with him introducing 'Duck, Crab, Crab, Duck' to each other in Series 2.

Or when he spies Lane's Knight armour 'Do you ever get 3 sheets to the wind and ry that thing on?'

There's so many more much better than those two.

Season 5 is shaping up great.

This week's episode has been the highpoint of the series so far. Everyone was on top form...

from Don's brilliant beans pitch, Roger's BJ, Megan's parents ("one day your daughter will spread her legs and fly away"), Peggy's vast disappointment at not getting married and her run in with her mother.

that simple gesture by beth at the end of ep 8 is one of the most heartbreaking things ive seen in a tv drama,talk about the quiet desperation of the 'burbs.mad men at its best last night

i took it to be another kick in the balls for pete. she seemed to enjoy stringing him along and hurting him, it wouldn't have happened to don.

beth was quietly manipulative. she went into the house but she left the door open. pete moved close but she told him what to do. she had him on the end of a string.

Rapey Pete seems to have swapped places with Don. Used to live in a Manhattan apartment with his glamorous wife. Now lives out in the burbs, is unhappy with his wife & is looking for a mistress. Don's gone the other way & his womanising may be behind him (for now).

Rodger always has the best lines this season.

Pete wants to be Don but will never be.

pete has built don up in his mind into some ideal man. it's a combination of don's ability to make people think they are seeing what they want and pete projecting don as the antithesis of his own insecurities.

pete can't possibly be that 'don', as we all well aware even don is nothing like that. pete will either have to snap out it or he's heading for a fall.