whisky lovers

I once tried Hellyers Road. A Tasmanian effort. It was hilariously bad. Proper vile shit

Anyway, for those who remember the discussion about the Glenrothes Single Cask for Abbey whiskys anniversary, I have opened mine. Its class. Definitely needs some water at 67% but not as much as you might think.

5 hours ago, Hamish's Passenger said:

I was staying at The George. Had 6 different malts over the 2 nights. Fantastic selection!

Loch Fyne Whisky Shop across the road from the George is decent. One down the street from the George as well, can't remember its name.

On 05/02/2019 at 23:08, HI HAT said:

This might sound a tad contraversial and might upset a few folk. I've tried some of the Welsh Penderyn but has anyone tried some of the Indian malts, there's a few being pushed on Amazon at the moment ?? I am waiting for a Dalmore 12 you to arrive but seriously thought of trying one of the Indian offers. Anyone tried them ??

Penderyn is weird. Not actually "bad" just tastes of nothing.

I'm looking for some advice.
We've had a small whip-round at work for a colleague's 50th and I've to buy him a bottle of whisky.
He likes a single malt (not too peaty) but is no coniseur. I have £42 to spend. Is there anything special you would recommend, any great deals around?

I'm looking for some advice.
We've had a small whip-round at work for a colleague's 50th and I've to buy him a bottle of whisky.
He likes a single malt (not too peaty) but is no coniseur. I have £42 to spend. Is there anything special you would recommend, any great deals around?
Balvenie Caribbean Cask for the price and what he likes IMO. Plenty other stuff out there for that money too though.

Supermarket m8. I was trying to think of easily gettable stuff for you although Amazon is often your friend too for Whisky specially if you have prime for free delivery
I need it for this week so shop is a better idea. Any particular supermarket?

7 hours ago, Walter said:
7 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
Supermarket m8. I was trying to think of easily gettable stuff for you although Amazon is often your friend too for Whisky specially if you have prime for free delivery

I need it for this week so shop is a better idea. Any particular supermarket?

It’s in Morrisons.

I’d 2nd the recommendation.

• 2 weeks later...

First ever taste of lagavullin 16 today. I started my whisky career with dalmore and glenfarclas and thought I knew what I was talking about but this is a completely different drink. It literally smells like bacon! 

First ever taste of lagavullin 16 today. I started my whisky career with dalmore and glenfarclas and thought I knew what I was talking about but this is a completely different drink. It literally smells like bacon! 

Drink of the Gods.

1 hour ago, CountyFan said:

The 12 YO cask strength , that is the next step 

and your trip to the dark side will be complete young Padawan 

43 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Has any of you fine gentlemen made an infinity bottle?

I have a decanter that gets the “ dregs” or “ bottlekill” I suppose that sort of qualifies ,  but it’s not a conscious thing , nor am I cultivating it , currently it is mostly a bottle of 40% glenlivet founders reserve ( literally   I won in a raffle )  I’m a 46% plus  sort of drinker 

with the 2  exceptions , 43% flora and fauna Rosebank 12 yo and Bladnoch 10yo , what’s left of those is NOT going into a homemade blend